Thank you Boris!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Thank you Boris!

Post by mjcapri »

To quote the PM:

“All this is to say that: Christmas we want to protect, and we want everyone to have a fantastic Christmas. But the only way to make sure the country is able to enjoy Christmas is to be tough now. So if we can grip it now, stop the surge, arrest the spike, stop the second hump of the dromedary, flatten the second hump.... Dromedary or camel? I can’t remember if it is a dromedary or a camel that has two humps? Umm. Please check.... Anyway a double hump. So that is what we need to do!”

Had it not been for you I would never have researched (via a quick Google), and therefore possibly never have known, which animal has two humps! Next time I take part in a pub quiz I’ll be ever so slightly more confident heading into the wildlife round!

That’s if there are any pubs left trading of course!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Thank you Boris!

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

mjcapri wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:55 am I can’t remember if it is a dromedary or a camel
*Holds hand in air*
Sir !
Sir !
I know ! :lol:

I'm sure I read the answer years ago in a "The Goodies" book, bizarrely.

Has Johnson's statement suggesting that gatherings will be allowed again by Christmas got echoes of Trump's claim that the US will be back to normal by Easter ( or whatever it was he said)? I can't see it happening, with or without a firebreak lockdown.

Andrew.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

I thought one hump or two were both camels?
Dromedary is one, Bactrian is two.

Gone are the days of two humps for me..........................without oxygen and a defibrillator anyway. :xd:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:59 am
mjcapri wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:55 am I can’t remember if it is a dromedary or a camel
*Holds hand in air*
Sir !
Sir !
I know ! :lol:

I'm sure I read the answer years ago in a "The Goodies" book, bizarrely.

Has Johnson's statement suggesting that gatherings will be allowed again by Christmas got echoes of Trump's claim that the US will be back to normal by Easter ( or whatever it was he said)? I can't see it happening, with or without a firebreak lockdown.

Andrew.
"The US will be back to ...what? :lol:
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh