Ford Capri Laser D605 CDU on ebay

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
samholmes

Re: Ford Capri Laser D605 CDU on ebay

Post by samholmes »

Even adverts read the same really
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

samholmes wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:01 pm Your right i think the Doctor was in Farrington and so is this dealer . Good spot
samholmes wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:04 pm Even adverts read the same really
Doctor Who :wave:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:58 am Also Oxforshire but then known as The Doctor!
I had exactly the same thought when I read the advert.
From memory, That seller sold cars from a place in Faringdon, just 5 miles from where Vale garage is located in Stanford in the Vale.

Those Ebay listings were always full of complete guff about the car and it's history and it's the same situation with the listing for Sam's old Capri. The dealer is selling a story.

Coincidentally, I also seem to recall that Ebay seller (was it TheDoctor105. or something like that?) had some feedback from a disgruntled seller in their profile suggesting that they masqueraded as a private buyer who intended to cherish the car. Sound familiar?

Having said all that, and I know this won't be a popular view, it was Sam's choice to sell his car.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Did you say “ The Doctor” :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

The seller on Ebay we were thinking of is thedoctor102, his name is David Roberts. The name of the seller of Sam's car is Robert Smart. Despite the similarities of the flowery writing style of the two Ebay sellers, could it just be a coincidence?
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/STUNNING-1979-F ... 1512690690
Full description, for anybody who has a few hours spare to read it all... :sleepy:
http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAP ... cureDesc=0

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:27 pm The seller on Ebay we were thinking of is thedoctor102, his name is David Roberts. The name of the seller of Sam's car is Robert Smart. Despite the similarities of the flowery writing style of the two Ebay sellers, could it just be a coincidence?
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/STUNNING-1979-F ... 1512690690
Full description, for anybody who has a few hours spare to read it all... :sleepy:

Andrew.
So the two sellers are both Doctors ? :lol:
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

Perhaps the adverts were somehow doctored :lol:
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:27 pm

Andrew.
I'm all for a good description of a car but not a war and peace type :lol: On the other hand some sellers tell you nothing :headscratch:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:06 am I'm all for a good description of a car but not a war and peace type :lol: On the other hand some sellers tell you nothing :headscratch:
If there is any relevant information about the car, it's lost amongst all the flannel. :lol:

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Mr B wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:50 pm Perhaps the adverts were somehow doctored :lol:
:lol: :lol:
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

What makes me laugh guys is how dishonest these dealers are as i painted the car in a few places only a few years ago and told the dealer but he seems to have forgotten i told him and now says it was done in its early years ! ! Lol
We realised at some point the drivers wing had been replaced due to different none standard welding and no visible number stamped on wing as in passenger wing and thats why i let him have it abit cheaper but now its Never Been Welded ! and no mention if this in advert . I always wondered why the spot welding on front wings was different .
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

Not to mention i was a family relation of first owner !!!!! Why would you make that up except to make it look better history
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

The bumpers are factory original paint he states ! I did not know Ford powdered coats bumpers in the 80s ! Again i had them done and told him as i powdercoated many engine parts also .
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

The original dealer sticker in rear window is not original . The original was part missing and falling off when i sold it This is clearly a repro one .
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

Anyway Guys just be careful if you buy my old Capri . Its a good car but its defo not a untouched car as the dealer is trying to make out