Take a look at this!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Take a look at this!

Post by Mr B »

Hi guys,

Had to put this up, I've never seen anything this bad - especially after spending 15k + have to feel sorry for the owner

https://www.facebook.com/mick.arnold.77 ... zPjeEy&d=n

Wayne
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Re: Take a look at this!

Post by Mc Tool »

I give up watching the 1st vid but the one punch knock out of the gob shite racist was good , and the pepper spray one was good too.........I never get tired of watching arseholes getting a kicking.
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Mr B
Donator
Donator

Post by Mr B »

Mc Tool wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:21 am I give up watching the 1st vid but the one punch knock out of the gob shite racist was good , and the pepper spray one was good too.........I never get tired of watching arseholes getting a kicking.
Lol! Honestly takes a while to get going but just and wait and see what they did to the poor bloke's car and had the cheek to charge 15k + for the privilege

Wayne
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

I’ve just watched the entire video. Embarrassing!
You’ve got to feel for the owner. If that was mine I’d be devastated. Alright you’d accept a couple of small mistakes but that is just ridiculous.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Yes just like Steve I watched the video. Does take a while to get past the 'intro' and build up :lol: but fucking hell this is an absolute horror story from start to finish. Scary how he said a simple intial telltale that all was not well was the wiper blade !!!!!! You got to feel sick for the poor owner. Every bleedin inch is a botch !!!! Some just totally and proper outright death traps like the 'heater' hose used as a fuel hose sitting inches from the exhaust.!!!!!!!! How the fuck can these morons who did this sleep at night knowing they took £15k of someone's money to do a proper nut and bolt only to produce this shit.!!! Mind you think Martin might be able to give us an idea of how far £15k would actually get you with a full nut and bolt if this includes a full body strip down and restoration too as £15k would prob only just get you out of the ground in building terms. But still £15k you would expect a proper level of top quality in all areas depending on the initial plans. I feel so sad for the owner who no doubt will need another £15k to put it right !!! Don't know the ins and ours but surely the owner would have wanted to pop in every so often to check up on how it was progressing and seeing the fuck wit quality of work would have set of proper alarm bells and pulled out his motor straight away. This is just SHOCKING as hell. And then to top it off to hear it got an mot three weeks earlier with NO ADVISORIES with a servo hanging on for dear life not to mention everything else !!! Surely this has to be a proper false ticket as not even the bentest of bent mot guy would risk puttkng this car through his books ????? Ah well hope the owner finally gets the car he dreamed of. If its been done by the guy who did this video then it's in safe hands there.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Mr B
Donator
Donator

Post by Mr B »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:17 pm Yes just like Steve I watched the video. Does take a while to get past the 'intro' and build up :lol: but fucking hell this is an absolute horror story from start to finish. Scary how he said a simple intial telltale that all was not well was the wiper blade !!!!!! You got to feel sick for the poor owner. Every bleedin inch is a botch !!!! Some just totally and proper outright death traps like the 'heater' hose used as a fuel hose sitting inches from the exhaust.!!!!!!!! How the fuck can these morons who did this sleep at night knowing they took £15k of someone's money to do a proper nut and bolt only to produce this shit.!!! Mind you think Martin might be able to give us an idea of how far £15k would actually get you with a full nut and bolt if this includes a full body strip down and restoration too as £15k would prob only just get you out of the ground in building terms. But still £15k you would expect a proper level of top quality in all areas depending on the initial plans. I feel so sad for the owner who no doubt will need another £15k to put it right !!! Don't know the ins and ours but surely the owner would have wanted to pop in every so often to check up on how it was progressing and seeing the fuck wit quality of work would have set of proper alarm bells and pulled out his motor straight away. This is just SHOCKING as hell. And then to top it off to hear it got an mot three weeks earlier with NO ADVISORIES with a servo hanging on for dear life not to mention everything else !!! Surely this has to be a proper false ticket as not even the bentest of bent mot guy would risk puttkng this car through his books ????? Ah well hope the owner finally gets the car he dreamed of. If its been done by the guy who did this video then it's in safe hands there.
Hi Nick,

Had to put this up as like you i could not believe the shocking workmanship of this and to think they took 15k + off the fella is just bang out of order.

I have seen some botch up's over the year's but that servo literally hanging off takes the biscuit, just imagine an emergency stop bearing in mind the car has a full mot on it and the owner is non the wiser, someone could have easily been killed or seriously injured, I hope the so called restorers and the err 'MOT station' get what's coming to them.

Wayne
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Mr B wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:02 am
Hi Nick,

Had to put this up as like you i could not believe the shocking workmanship of this and to think they took 15k + off the fella is just bang out of order.

I have seen some botch up's over the year's but that servo literally hanging off takes the biscuit, just imagine an emergency stop bearing in mind the car has a full mot on it and the owner is non the wiser, someone could have easily been killed or seriously injured, I hope the so called restorers and the err 'MOT station' get what's coming to them.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Yes mate, proper shocking !!! It's just mind boggling how they even thought that they could even get away with this and charge £15,000 . Fuckers ! Just can't understand how the mot station put this through their doors too as this is serious stuff and they could lose their license if they have previous history !! I'll say it again but the mind boggles !!!!

I only ever trust mine with the likes of Tickover these days and if Martin was nearer him too. Or at least places highly recommended from trusted friends. The biggest joke with this bunch who ruined this poor guys dream is their motto is something like "Safety is most important" !!!
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

At Glastonbury at the moment and my phone will not play video so will save for later but guess some poor sod bought a skip of a car ?
Or they have ended up with my mother in law :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Mc Tool wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:21 am I give up watching the 1st vid but the one punch knock out of the gob shite racist was good , and the pepper spray one was good too.........I never get tired of watching arseholes getting a kicking.
Where are you seeing these?
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

I just scrolled down from the top vid after fb asked me to log in ....I didnt ....Dianne spends half her life on feckin facebook ......finds some good shit tho , stops her yammerin all thru Big Bang and Top gear , but she dont even breathe during corro :roll: :)
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Just watched the whole thing ,gotta be a disputes tribunal involved there
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I think Nick raises a good point.
I really feel for the owner, but if you were them would you have kept pumping money into the restoration without at least seeing some photos of how the work is progressing?

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

The owner maybe would have been better off telling them to shove the car up their arse , pay them nothing and walking away. I think it unlikely the butchers would dare to take him to court for the debt, I agree that the mot shop needs to be investigated .
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Sadly people can be easily duped by lying gits.

The car is only good for parts, those that haven't been fecked. Feel for the owner
Mr B
Donator
Donator

Post by Mr B »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:08 pm I think Nick raises a good point.
I really feel for the owner, but if you were them would you have kept pumping money into the restoration without at least seeing some photos of how the work is progressing?

Andrew.
Thing is photos can hide a lot of faults and not everyone is clued up on car's, some people merely drive car's and do not have a clue with regards to the structural/mechanical side which is fair enough, they take the car to a reputable restorer and go by what they are told and are non the wiser, I think all of us have been had over at some point in our life's whether it be car's or anything else, it's easy to spot something is wrong - if you know what you've looking for...

Wayne
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Mr B wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:27 am they take the car to a reputable restorer
Out of interest, do we know who was responsible for the work? It's supposedly mentioned, but I can't wade through 1000+ comments to find out.

Andrew.
Mr B
Donator
Donator

Post by Mr B »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:34 am
Mr B wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:27 am they take the car to a reputable restorer
Out of interest, do we know who was responsible for the work? It's supposedly mentioned, but I can't wade through 1000+ comments to find out.

Andrew.
Morning Andrew,

I can't remember but both the restorer and the MOT station have been named, in fact the guy's who did the resto have taken their Facebook page down now as well, it really has kicked up a shit storm and quite rightly too

Wayne
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Thats something at least.
Mr B
Donator
Donator

Post by Mr B »

The so called restorers are called: Transform it vehicle restoration

Wayne
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

They transformed it alright, although not for the better........

Andrew.