For MJ Capri

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

For MJ Capri

Post by Peter-S »

Thanks for last night Mark, it was a really great evening :wub: :lol:

Great to catch up. My treat next time.

Guess what we did today

ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Re: For MJ Capri

Post by mjcapri »

You’re welcome. :cheers:

It’s a good museum isn’t it. Hopefully you saw some proper trains with diesel engines and/or electric motors! :lol:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Nice engine. Ever been to the Kelham Island Museum in Sheffield?
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Major_Tom wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:36 pm Nice engine. Ever been to the Kelham Island Museum in Sheffield?
Not familiar with that one Tom, worth a visit?
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

mjcapri wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:03 am You’re welcome. :cheers:

It’s a good museum isn’t it. Hopefully you saw some proper trains with diesel engines and/or electric motors! :lol:
I recall a dull streamlined thing, had some descriptive letters, APT I think! and something called a Deltic. Wife said it was really ugly :o
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Ex Southern Railway "Battle of Britain" class isn't it.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Peter-S wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:47 am
Major_Tom wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:36 pm Nice engine. Ever been to the Kelham Island Museum in Sheffield?
Not familiar with that one Tom, worth a visit?
Yes, its awesome. A few stationary steam engines, including a 40ft high 3 cylinder monster with a 7 tonne flywheel, used for rolling steel back in the day. It runs, fast :shock: and can reverse direction and come up to full speed again in less than 2 seconds. It's astonishing, like standing inside the crank case of a running engine. Has to be seen to be believed.

Kelham Island Tavern and the Fat Cat are just around thd corner too!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Paul G wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:12 am Ex Southern Railway "Battle of Britain" class isn't it.
Indeed Paul, that one is Winston Churchill, it pulled his funeral train
mjcapri
Donator
Donator

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

Peter-S wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:51 am

I recall a dull streamlined thing, had some descriptive letters, APT I think! and something called a Deltic. Wife said it was really ugly :o
The APT at Shildon is the gas turbine powered one, I'll add that form of propulsion to the 'proper' list!

The Deltic is very nice, I've had a walk through it before, the engines are a work of art.

There is usually a good display of Southern Electrics, one half of 'Project Commuter' was finished and on display when I last visited with the other half under restoration. Definately a proper train!
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

mjcapri wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:17 pm

The APT at Shildon is the gas turbine powered one, I'll add that form of propulsion to the 'proper' list!

The Deltic is very nice, I've had a walk through it before, the engines are a work of art.

There is usually a good display of Southern Electrics, one half of 'Project Commuter' was finished and on display when I last visited with the other half under restoration. Definately a proper train!
I do actually like Deltic, may add one to the layout eventually. For now there's this, maybe your thing!

mjcapri
Donator
Donator

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

Peter-S wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:51 pm
mjcapri wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:17 pm

I do actually like Deltic, may add one to the layout eventually. For now there's this, maybe your thing!

Haha I do like a good Routemaster! :ugeek:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

When we lived in Wakefield there was a steam park , Higgins Park , that had a 2 cyl triple expansion engine out of a ship , also had some beam engine and the flywheel off that would be 10' in diameter. They also have a whole steam powered working saw mill ,and a dozen or so smaller steam engines all running off one boiler. Every month they would crank the whole lot up. They also have theme days , like one month it would be Allis Chalmers , next maybe Lanz, or Field Marshal, farmall ..several room full of automotive memrobillia....and a beer stall . A good arvo's entertainment and all for a gold coin donation ( $1or $2 entry )
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh