Creating trouble wherever I go

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Creating trouble wherever I go

Post by Mc Tool »

Google " crash in Balclutha " the blue car is mine, thats me talking to the cop on other side of car. Set off my air bags. The truck that caused the crash just buggered off , a log truck and trailer but they caught him :)
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Creating trouble wherever I go

Post by Major_Tom »

Fucking hell dude there's about a million crashes in balclutha, roads sound lethal over there! Dont know which one you are 😂
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Mc Tool wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:51 am Google " crash in Balclutha " the blue car is mine, thats me talking to the cop on other side of car. Set off my air bags. The truck that caused the crash just buggered off , a log truck and trailer but they caught him :)
Yep as Tom said which one.???? Can't find it either Hamish ?? :drama: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Is it this one?
https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/south-ota ... icle-crash

I'm glad you're OK Hamish as your car looks pretty badly damaged.

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Yeah , that's me , sorry guys I couldn't get the link to work , it kept giving me the whole paper not just my bit .
Ruined our day a bit.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

As Andrew said what a mess but glad you are ok, cars can be fixed/replaced :cheers:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

The car is pretty fucked, engine has moved back about 4 inches and pushed the fire wall back far enough to trap my foot, unreal experiance , yay for airbags ,even tho we both have bad bruising from them and the seatbelts . The cops were brilliant ,organised a shuttle of cars to get us home , so we were in 4 different cop cars AND we got to listen to a drawn out car chase as other cops chased some meth head over western southland . Like a dummy I gave the keys to the tow truck man not realising he now had the house key so it was in thru the bathroom window ,dunno what the neiboughs thought watching ( and she was ) a policeman shoving Dianne thru the window.
Insurance have already accepted the claim and are paying out more than twice what we were expecting based on what similar cars are selling for now (agreed value policy) .......but I had ,like the day before , put 4 new tires and a battery in it, and 80 bucks worth of petrol in Balclutha 5 mins before impact :doh:
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Your both home safe, if a little bruised, at the end of the day mate, that all that really matters ;)

Still a pisser about the tyres, battery & fuel though :xd: :xd: ..... I would be grumbling about that too ;)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

What involvement did the truck have, Mc? It's not clear from the news report.

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

In a nutshell he pulled onto the road from the slow vehicle lane without indicating and caught the silver car between truck and trailer , she had indicated to pass him even tho she didnt need to leave the lane she was in , another truck was coming down the hill from opposite direction so when the log truck moved into her lane and caught her and she hit the brakes , meanwhile me seeing her indicate thinks that I will be stuck behind the log truck if I don't get a move on so I gives it a boot full (3.5l v6 in small hatch .....) and gain ground real quick , I see her brake lights just before the truck hits her and she aborts passing manoeuvre and I hit the anchors except I hit the left foot accelerator again and plough into silver car and hit her hard enough to propel her from impact point (where my car is ) to where she is in the pic/ vid and the truck driver drives thru the carnage and fucks off up the hill.
My insurance co had insisted I fit the left foot accelerator as I couldn't possibly drive without it ......but it was ok to drive 400km to get it fitted :roll: (there are 2 pedals, one either side of the brake pedal ,when you fold one side down the other folds up ) any how they only would convert one car ( we have 3 ) and I argued that either do them all ...or do none, and they told me that if I didnt use it and crashed I could be held negligent , so seeing how it was a long trip I used it right up to the point that I needed to panic brake ....and then I stamped on the wrong pedal . Bad show all round , poor woman in other car didnt know what the fuck was happening ,impact ( I had to be doing 70km/h upon impact )and airbags everywhere ,she was ok about it all once she knew what all had happened.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Mc Tool wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:53 am My insurance co had insisted I fit the left foot accelerator as I couldn't possibly drive without it ......but it was ok to drive 400km to get it fitted :roll: (there are 2 pedals, one either side of the brake pedal ,when you fold one side down the other folds up ) any how they only would convert one car ( we have 3 ) and I argued that either do them all ...or do none, and they told me that if I didnt use it and crashed I could be held negligent , so seeing how it was a long trip I used it right up to the point that I needed to panic brake ....and then I stamped on the wrong pedal . Bad show all round , poor woman in other car didnt know what the fuck was happening ,impact ( I had to be doing 70km/h upon impact )and airbags everywhere ,she was ok about it all once she knew what all had happened.
Surely converting one car only is an accident waiting to happen as you wont be learning the new habits. Sounds crazy! Glad everyones ok sounds bad!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jesus H Christ Hamish.!!!!!! Just seen the footage. Glad you got out of this, relatively unharmed mate. Looked a terrible impact there mate. But as said glad both you and Dianne are OK . Must have shaken you both up big time. Mate you been through the wars aint you just.!!! Don't think I'll be catching a lift with you anytime in the future :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: Mate that Balclutha place looks a dangerous place to drive by the number of incidents there!!! Was funny hearing how your day ended with Dianne being shoved through a window by the fuzz tbough :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Sure was a weird day Nick......as with my motorbike crash I cant figure out where the time and distance ( between seeing the hazard and hitting it )went . I been back to both sites , bike one several times , and paced ( hopped, crutched ,whatever :lol: ) the distances out . Things don't add up, specially the bike one , I remember pretty much everything that happened ....but in a chronological order that cannot possibly be correct ......and Im talking right from the moment I saw the car up till the 1st month in hospital . Motorbike crash was 11 years ago and it still bothers me. With the benefit of hindsight if I had made the correct decisions at the time Id have been able to avoid the car , but he zigged ,I zagged ......3 times.......if Id just hit the brakes instead of going for the gap that kept moving from one side of the road to the other.
But we are all still here and I get a new car.....looking at a 2013 Focus sport with only 18,000km's, one NZ new owner, in as new cond . Bit older than ideal but I like the low k's even Di likes it which is fuckin unbelievable coz she dont like nothing that wasn't her idea..........yeah , she picked me , didnt even see her coming , she was engaged to my boss when I 1st met her , so um yeah , that was a bit awkward .....30 years later he's still wankin on about it :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hamish that motorbike crash you had was so severe not surprised you are still thinking on it now after 11yrs. Bit of a life changer moment for you mate. Can't even begin to understand what you must have gone through and no doubt your Di as well. But so glad you survived fella as the forum would not be the same without you !! Must really mess with your head a tad when you visit the crash scene and play it over and try to find answers. Amazing how after all this time you can still picture yourself on the bike trying to get that gap!!! Absolutely terrible thing to go through mate but as said glad you're still with us :)

Then to have this recent car crash with your Di too must have been proper scary. So glad you're both OK and hey great that the insurance ain't fucking you about and all sorted. That Focus Sport sounds great fella. If you get it don't forget to post up pics. Funny how you say Di picked you and she was engaged to your boss at time. Sounded like she could not resist you mate :lol: but yep how awkward or what.!! Did you get a pay rise and bonus that year :shock: :lol: Sounds like you still get on with him after 30yrs which is real good. But you got the lady and by the sound of it didn't have to try too hard :lol: :lol:

Anyway as said glad you and Di are OK after this recent smash up and you're hopefully getting a Focus Sport out of it and with Di's blessing too...how cool is this!! I looked at a couple of Fiesta ST when we wee looking but Siobhan did not like how low they looked and wanted a practical 5 door rather than 3 door :cry: :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

IMG_1227.jpg
IMG_1226.jpg
IMG_1221.jpg
Couple more pix , the under dash air bag explains the bruised leg and sprained ankle, I didn't know it was there till I saw the pix
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Handbrake looks like a big cock.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Major_Tom wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:28 pm Handbrake looks like a big cock.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Looks like a normal sized cock to me :lol:
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Mc Tool wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:42 pm Looks like a normal sized cock to me :lol:
Does it work by grasping the handle and manipulating it in a sort of repetitive, longitudinal motion? Then pressing the button to release?
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Ah now your just being silly :P