Dukes Of Hazzard Car Spotted

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Dukes Of Hazzard Car Spotted

Post by pbar »

I was amazed to pass what looked to be a very authentic Dukes Of Hazzard Dodge Charger today, on a local road. Never seen one before, not even at any of the shows/rallies. Anyone aware of it, especially in the North-West, can't be many around. One of my favourite TV shows.

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Dukes Of Hazzard Car Spotted

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Good spot, did you make a note of the registration?
pbar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:17 pm I was amazed to pass what looked to be a very authentic Dukes Of Hazzard Dodge Charger today, on a local road
The North-West couldn't have had much rain recently, the ground looks very dry in your photo. The local council also need to spend more on the maintenance of the roads!:D

Andrew.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:32 pm The local council also need to spend more on the maintenance of the roads
That's one of the better roads!

Didn't catch the reg, I was too shocked at just seeing the car.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Nice spot Paul :cool:

You can hire one for 3 or 6 miles https://www.intotheblue.co.uk/experienc ... xperience/

6 miles might be a tank of gas :lol:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Thanks Andy, they don't let you travel far do they! I hadn't seen that, but I have found a Facebook page with someone doing similar but based locally. I live in hope that it was an actual car from the series which I saw though, and I think that's what I shall believe :)

Them Dukes, them Dukes!
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:37 pm Thanks Andy, they don't let you travel far do they! I hadn't seen that, but I have found a Facebook page with someone doing similar but based locally. I live in hope that it was an actual car from the series which I saw though, and I think that's what I shall believe :)

Them Dukes, them Dukes!
If Daisy comes with it, I'll be happy with 3 miles :D
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:38 pm
If Daisy comes with it, I'll be happy with 3 miles :D
Hehe, I bet you would Andy :)

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:06 pm You can hire one for 3 or 6 miles https://www.intotheblue.co.uk/experienc ... xperience/
I see you get to drive the car around one of several aifield circuits, depending on your location.
If the circuit is, say, 2 miles long and you've paid for a 3 mile experience, does that mean you'll have to park up half way around the second lap and walk back to the pits? :headscratch: :D

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

For a general lee "styled" car ......like not the real mc coy , mind you , I think they wreaked so many chargers filming the show that classic car peeps started voicing their opinions about the carnage, so it would be hard to claim any of the cars used could be the "real" one. Still seems like a lot of dosh for a lap round the estate.
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

pbar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:17 pm I was amazed to pass what looked to be a very authentic Dukes Of Hazzard Dodge Charger today
Love that car, coincidence I watched the remake 2005 film on Netflix last night, Jessica Simpson makes a fine Daisy Duke :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Mc Tool wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:56 pm seems like a lot of dosh for a lap round the estate.
I was thinking that at first, but then I thought you'd probably pay close to £40 for a taxi ride home after a Saturday night out (not that I've had one of those for more years than I care to remember!). I know which I'd rather spend my money on. :)

Andrew.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Caprifan Rob wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:09 pm
Love that car, coincidence I watched the remake 2005 film on Netflix last night, Jessica Simpson makes a fine Daisy Duke :D
I've seen that a couple of times too Rob, not a patch on the series, but I was surprised at how much I did enjoy it actually. Far better than the Starsky & Hutch movie, goodness knows what they were trying to do there.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Mc Tool wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:56 pm I think they wreaked so many chargers filming the show that classic car peeps started voicing their opinions about the carnage
That's only happened in more recent years though Hamish, the show started filming in 1978 and the Chargers used were 1969, meaning of course they were only 9 year old cars, it would be like smashing up 2011 Ford Fiesta's now, nobody would care!

Numbers of cars used varies depending on the source, 147 episodes were made, some jump scenes were re-used, models were used in some later episodes, so figures do get exaggerated I think. Good cars were 'kept' for the normal driving and non action scenes, modified ones used for the jumps of course.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Where was that Paul, looks more like Arizona than Stockport???
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

This is quite an interesting trivia list for the show as I was looking to see how many cars they wrecked (somewhere between 250-320 apparently)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078607/trivia

One of the interesting ones is that apparently the show wrecked so many cars that whenever the producers saw a '69 charger out on the streets they would immediately approach the owner to buy it :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
pbar

Post by pbar »

A nice bit of trivia is that the Starsky & Hutch Gran Torino appeared in the first Dukes episode, and I've been able to find out about the Dukes car which I saw, will add details later.

andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:32 pm A nice bit of trivia is that the Starsky & Hutch Gran Torino appeared in the first Dukes episode, and I've been able to find out about the Dukes car which I saw, will add details later.

About time they re ran the Dukes of Hazzard and Starsky and Hutch on ITV4 maybe. Something a bit different to the Sweeney etc
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

andyd wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:11 pm
About time they re ran the Dukes of Hazzard and Starsky and Hutch on ITV4 maybe. Something a bit different to the Sweeney etc
I was reading earlier about Amazon looking in to not streaming Dukes and a museum in the U.S. defending its stance on continuing to display the last original car from the first series. All because of the Confederate flag on the roof and the name of the car - people are going out of their way to be offended :(
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

You can`t erase history just because you don`t like it, even if it WAS wrong. People love a `cause`.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Forces TV was repeating Dukes episodes, complete with the General and confederate flag, weekdays at 6 PM.
They might still be showing them, I haven't checked.

Andrew.

Edit: I've just checked and Forces TV is currently showing Buck Rogers in that time slot.