My mini car meet....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

My mini car meet....

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

So, following on from Peters mini meets it would have been rude of me if I did not post up a little meet I had last night at 8pm. John popped by to say hello and to have his first peek of my 45s :lol:

Was great to see him. No handshakes and a mask so we were sensible as I did want to give him a big hug !!!! John did a bit of really helpful troubleshooting while he was here so a big thanks to him !! Of course he turned up in his 2.8i Special which looks as stunning as ever and the resto work he done on his seat and steering wheel is stunning. Pics don't do it justice how amazing they turned out. The steering wheel looks really cool. Love it.!!!

Anyway just a few pics... and thanks again John for the advice :)

I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: My mini car meet....

Post by Jasonmarie »

Johns made such a good job on them seats and wheel . We must have a mini meet one day folks . :cool:
What did John think of the garage ? And them 45s ? :lol:

See I never mentioned santa pod once :lol: :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi all,

Yep, so as Nick says, I threw care to the wind and decided a visit was in order, especially as Nick ain't too far from my work.

So was great to catch up with Nick again and to see the new mod's he's done to his Capri & garage!!! Well, what can I say about those 45's???? I think (sorry admin) 'Fuck me'!!!! What a set up, the induction noise is just totally intoxicating!!! I could not get enough of hearing these rev up from an incredibly stable tick over!!! You've done a great job of having these set up properly... Serious, that noise is just to go insane for, takes me back!!! Any how, I didn't quite get a photo of the 45's, but I did get a photo of the proud Dad and his (to be fitted yet) new cam cover, but you can see the 45's creeping into shot...

Image20200607_202217 by jon taylor, on Flickr

Perhaps another shot, but with more garage floor this time and less 45's.... ;) ;) ;)

Image20200607_202223 by jon taylor, on Flickr

Well, was great to catch up Nick, we must maybe arrange that mini convoy we spoke about last Month, self isolating in your own cars, down to the coast maybe for a well spaced out individual picnic??? Jason sounds interested!!!

Cheers also for the kind words on my mini lock down jobs, I am chuffed with the seat & wheel, cheers also Jason!!! Also Nick. Please thank Mrs F for the fantastic Banana & Walnut cake.... It was on a par with the noise the 45's make when revving up!!!! Cheers all, keep safe everyone,

John...
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Another great meet. Both cars a credit to their owners, nice work on the leather John. Nick, the smile says it all :D .
Laquer red polishes up really well too :cheers:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:51 pmSee I never mentioned santa pod once :lol: :lol:
But John did. :shock: :shock: :? :lol: :lol:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Taff50ish wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:36 pm Well, was great to catch up Nick, we must maybe arrange that mini convoy we spoke about last Month, self isolating in your own cars, down to the coast maybe for a well spaced out individual picnic??? Jason sounds interested!!!
I'm interested too :) Wonder if I could get my mate Mick interested as well.

Nice meet up Jon/Nick, you're cars are looking splendid.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Taff50ish wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:36 pm
So was great to catch up with Nick again and to see the new mod's he's done to his Capri & garage!!! Well, what can I say about those 45's???? I think (sorry admin) 'Fuck me'!!!! What a set up, the induction noise is just totally intoxicating!!! I could not get enough of hearing these rev up from an incredibly stable tick over!!! You've done a great job of having these set up properly... Serious, that noise is just to go insane for, takes me back!!! Any how, I didn't quite get a photo of the 45's, but I did get a photo of the proud Dad and his (to be fitted yet) new cam cover, but you can see the 45's creeping into shot...
Thanks so much for the great comments John.!!! Really appreciate that mate. Was brilliant to see you too and finally show you my new set up with the 45s. A lot has happened since Brooklands!!

Yep Tickover initially set them up very nice but it really did pay to get it on a rolling road with someone who knows their stuff. I was really happy how he set it up for me and yep just love them.!!!! They really do idle very well indeed and with that hypnotic burble !!! I get a funny feeling in my trousers every time I fire them up !!!! :lol:
Taff50ish wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:36 pm Well, was great to catch up Nick, we must maybe arrange that mini convoy we spoke about last Month, self isolating in your own cars, down to the coast maybe for a well spaced out individual picnic??? Jason sounds interested!!!
Yes indeed mate.!! Deffo set something up real soon mate. Will be great. Sounds like a plan !! Jason should be allowed out soon.:lol:
Taff50ish wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:36 pmAlso Nick. Please thank Mrs F for the fantastic Banana & Walnut cake.... It was on a par with the noise the 45's make when revving up!!!! Cheers all, keep safe everyone,
Thanks John. I just passdd that on to her fella. Glad you liked it mate. And once again great work done on your interior fella and I'll deffo be in touch re those amazing dash light set up you got.!!!!

Cheers fella
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Caprifan Rob wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:20 pm Another great meet. Both cars a credit to their owners, nice work on the leather John. Nick, the smile says it all :D .
Laquer red polishes up really well too :cheers:
:lol: Thanks Rob. Yep everytime I fire them up I just :D :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:37 pmI'm interested too :) Wonder if I could get my mate Mick interested as well.

Nice meet up Jon/Nick, you're cars are looking splendid.
Thanks Peter. My first Capri meet of the year!
Always great to see John as I always have a list of questions for him but he knows me too well :lol:

And yep that's brilliant re meeting up Peter as I know you're down that way too. Be great to see you fella so we must try to get something sorted. We will of course have to find a lovely DRY day :wave: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again Peter. We really are getting the show season started between us with all these mini meets :lol: I'm meeting up with Tom next Monday but that's to help him move flat but I will get a good look at his 1.6L too :wave:

Cheers mate
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes nice one John I think I said the same words when Nick started up them 45s , yes if Mrs Pinto is making cake as well we need a meet up .
Yes Will be good to catch up ..
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: