Parts supply

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Parts supply

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Moving on from prices. I have been watching exaggerated American TV resto shows.

Scenario. Take apart a American muscle car, pretend it's absolutely knackered, scratch heads "How we going to fix up this 4 banger (4 cylinder) The hoods (bonnet) knackered, let's tare it down (strip the car). Then after a lot of play acting. Straight on the phone to Mopar, Ford or GM and buy brand new off the shelf parts, comes the next day in a brand new box- NO HEAD SCRATCHING and over acting needed, that's what happens.

UK Garage mechanic. I have bought this on ebay, absolutely mint. Strip it down, its rotten as a pear under the paint and gaffer tape. Right the engine mounting is knackered. Go to the dealer "No sorry deleted part, hasn't been available for 35 years" okay no problem, straight on ebay without the misses seeing. Right I have found one, says mint apart from been in storage. It's in the outer he brides, no problem it's the UK. Just checked the price, 4 grand and £1500 postage & packaging 2nd class royal mail it says. You find it is actually wrapped in a box the cat food came in and sent via Hermes who have thrown it over the gate hitting the dog and landing on the BBQ. Get home after work with an excited grin, hmm can find the card to say its been delivered, I've even had an email but can't find it. After calling in the Army sniffer dogs to find where Hermes has slung it, you get the bolt croppers out to get through the inch thick of gaffer tape. Open it up, rusty as hell with a snapped bolt and rounded off nut. Take a look. "Ah it's okay it will clean up" take it too the garage who have been waiting for it. After 14 hours with oxy and a welder it's something like, so you cover it in hammerite because your budgets blown and then put the car away for a year because you now find out that the other side is done for too.

I think that's reistic and maybe a bit lenient!!! :)
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Re: Parts supply

Post by Lord Flasheart »

:lol: :lol: :lol: