In the current situation...

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: In the current situation...

Post by stevemarl »

If you Google 3M 9322, it will take you to the relevant Screwfix page: apparently in all their Gtr Manchester stores there is just one mask! (The other day there were none, so they must`ve re-stocked and sold out again)

We went shopping before, Deb went in Iceland, came out really shaken - there was a small fight at the checkout: some scumbag t**t wanted more than one sanitiser, (limit to 1per customer) bit of a scuffle then delibrately coughed in the manager`s face! People can be very disappointing.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:44 pm

We went shopping before, Deb went in Iceland, came out really shaken - there was a small fight at the checkout: some scumbag t**t wanted more than one sanitiser, (limit to 1per customer) bit of a scuffle then delibrately coughed in the manager`s face! People can be very disappointing.
:agree: Steve, many people have shown their true colours over the last few weeks :(

I'm alright Jack, pull up the ladder :roll:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Boxes of disposable gloves are about the only healthcare related items that have escaped the price-hiking fiasco. They can still be bought at their regular, pre pandemic price and are easily obtained.

Andrew.

Edit:
I've just noticed that there's a seller on Amazon who is, according to the reviews, advertising nitrile gloves and dispatching those cheap plastic ones similar to those found on petrol station forecourts. Is there no end to people's greed?
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:23 pm Boxes of disposable gloves are about the only healthcare related items that have escaped the price-hiking fiasco. They can still be bought at their regular, pre pandemic price and are easily obtained.

Andrew.

Edit:
I've just noticed that there's a seller on Amazon who is, according to the reviews, advertising nitrile gloves and dispatching those cheap plastic ones similar to those found on petrol station forecourts. Is there no end to people's greed?
I hope all these sellers go down the pan when this is over. People don't forget!!
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Forgot to mention, while I was queuing to get in M&S, (one has ones standards) I asked the girl on the door how the stock levels were now: she replied that they had everything, no problem, oh, except flour, you can`t get flour anywhere now. Seems people are trapped in their houses, they`re doing home baking. Flour is the new toilet roll :? :roll:
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:29 pm Forgot to mention, while I was queuing to get in M&S, (one has ones standards) I asked the girl on the door how the stock levels were now: she replied that they had everything, no problem, oh, except flour, you can`t get flour anywhere now. Seems people are trapped in their houses, they`re doing home baking. Flour is the new toilet roll :? :roll:
The Mrs got flour at Tesco yesterday but it wasn't our lower priced we ususally buy, that hasn't been on the shelves for a few weeks.

Paracetamol too, but at nearly double the usual price :roll:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

stevemarl wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:44 pm If you Google 3M 9322, it will take you to the relevant Screwfix page
As I said, the pages just don't exist like they used to. If you go to the Screwfix site and enter dust mask, or face mask, search entries which would normally bring up a good selection of results, you now get the below. I'm surprised that these place are even trading, I'm off to Toolstation later, they do have strict in house changes though obviously.

stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Paul,
I wasn`t disputing what you said, that ppe`s not accessible on their site, I was just pointing out that if you can get in `the back way` with the part number, you can find the item and the stock levels, and potentially buy still- although the stock levels are zero in all their stores (the one they had in Chorlton`s gone now.)

I agree, it is strange that they`re still trading, B&Q`s shut, same company.
Last edited by stevemarl on Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
pbar

Post by pbar »

stevemarl wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:00 am just pointing out that if you can get in `the back way` you can find the item and the stock levels, which are zero in all their stores
Thanks Steve, yes, after seeing your post I too keep checking. As you say, zero stock, will be like that for some time I reckon. Same story with the P3 version of that mask also.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

:lol: :lol: Too slow editing it there, just had a check if it was the same today.
I hope your trip to Toolstation is essential Paul, the thought police could be watching and you just announced it to the world!!!
Is it just me or does anyone else feel slightly guilty even going to buy food: like you shouldn`t really be there? If (on the way back from the chemist) I just call in a corner shop for a bar of chocolate, is that an offence as although the journey`s essential, the chocolate is not?
pbar

Post by pbar »

stevemarl wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:15 am :lol: :lol: Too slow editing it there, just had a check if it was the same today.
I hope your trip to Toolstation is essential Paul, the thought police could be watching and you just announced it to the world!!!
Is it just me or does anyone else feel slightly guilty even going to buy food: like you shouldn`t really be there? If (on the way back from the chemist) I just call in a corner shop for a bar of chocolate, is that an offence as although the journey`s essential, the chocolate is not?
Tricky situation for us all, not just as regards to the rules, but also on a moralistic level. Yes my visit to Toolstation is classed as essential.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Never doubted it for a minute Paul :) !
Further to the looming flour crisis, I just went to my local Co-op fror some basics, bread etc, and I notice there is now no flour, no eggs, no butter and no sugar. Bakeoff has a lot to answer for. Having said that, it shows how tight the supply lines are and how easily it all comes off the rails. I often think how completely dependent on `the system` we all are nowadays: if water were to be turned off for whatever reason, contamination, terrorism. just how long could we live? I suppose on the outskirts there are rivers and canals where it could be sourced and boiled, but in inner city areas? Food: I always have enough food in the freezers to last for a couple of weeks so I`m safe - unless the electricity went off, what then? Trapping pigeons? It scares me sometimes.
(And no Hamish there ARE no Wallabies to hunt!)
pbar

Post by pbar »

stevemarl wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:16 am
(And no Hamish there ARE no Wallabies to hunt!)
You wanna bet!

https://www.independent.co.uk/environme ... 03546.html

https://www.roaches.org.uk/wallabies.html

According to some sources, spotted as recently as last year. You don't have too far to travel Steve.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, what were the chances???
pbar

Post by pbar »

Surprised you were not aware of that Steve, first heard about it years ago, a colony of wallabies on the Pennines, very intriguing!
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

pbar wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:03 am Surprised you were not aware of that Steve, first heard about it years ago, a colony of wallabies on the Pennines, very intriguing!
No, not at all. We did go to a wild boar farm (?) in Yorkshire once and they had wallabies roaming about the place, but no, didn`t know they had them in the Peak District. Then again who`d have thought we`d get parrots on Urmston meadows?
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

On a similar theme it seems the goats have migrated down from the Orme and are roaming the streets of Llandudno. Which has become a goat town..
https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2020/03/31/m ... id=webmail
Last edited by stevemarl on Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyd

Post by andyd »

From ebay scams to wallabies and goats :headscratch: Sounds like a normal tangent :)
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Special times Andy, special times. :lol:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Mr B wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:16 pm Hi guy's,

I bought a bottle of isopropyl rubbing alcohol 5 months ago off eBay for £4.79, that same product from the same seller is now £26.00 - robbing bastards, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask when he robbed people!

Wayne
You can now get IPA at £14 per litre on Amazon if you or anyone else needs it?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rubbing-Alcoho ... s9dHJ1ZQ==