Rear Arch Clean Up

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Rear Arch Clean Up

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

So as the nation is panic buying itself into a hand wipes frenzy what a better time to get my hands dirty :wave:

So rear end up on axle stands, wheels off and a good clean up under the rear arches. I been looking forward to doing this as recent events have traumatised me somewhat, including a very mucky road while out for a drive with Tom :shock: and twice getting caught out in bleedin rain on my trips to Tickover and ATSPEED. :cry: Got right into all the deep crevices. Amazing how deep into the arches the muck bleedin gathers and is a stark reminder exactly why I try and avoid driving in the wet... :sorry: :lol: :lol:

Anyway whilst rear wheels off gave me access to more areas to clean and tidy up. B112 still up on axle stands as bit more to do Inc washing the wheels both sides before refitting and tidying up the underbody a bit. Then onto the front end :)

Imageimagehost

Imageanthony michael hall trisha paytas

I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Rear Arch Clean Up

Post by andyd »

Looking good Nick :D

It's scary how much crap gets spread around hence why I'm dry weather only even avoiding standing water if possible :lol:

I have wiped the plastic front arch liners a few times but not removed wheels.

Like mine your garage looks long but quite narrow, especially as I have a 5 ft x 18" wide metal rack at the side too, takes a bit of getting used to after the old garage I had :roll: But what you gain one way you often lose another :)

:goodluck:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Very nice indeed!
I see you have a set of non-marking axle stands too :D ......you've got to protect that new paint on the axle!

Keep up the good work.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:44 am I have wiped the plastic front arch liners a few times but not removed wheels.
On the Capri?

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:44 am Looking good Nick :D

It's scary how much crap gets spread around hence why I'm dry weather only even avoiding standing water if possible :lol:

I have wiped the plastic front arch liners a few times but not removed wheels.

Like mine your garage looks long but quite narrow, especially as I have a 5 ft x 18" wide metal rack at the side too, takes a bit of getting used to after the old garage I had :roll: But what you gain one way you often lose another :)

:goodluck:
Thanks very much Andy. Yep I don't want to scare you Andy but it's amazing how far back the crap gets into the deep crevices of the arches/underside. Removing the wheels really gives great access to all areas mate. I was able to reach right up to the far corners underneath the rear ends. Even my poor Spax shocks were filthy but cleaned up a treat.

Andy my garage is a really good size for en bloc mate. Does not look it in the picture but I have good room down the sides . I am able to work indide the garage if it's raining and don't have to park really close to one wall just to be able to open the door. The garages just opposite mine are shorter and quite a bit narrower so I was lucky our flat came with one of the bigger ones.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:20 am Very nice indeed!
I see you have a set of non-marking axle stands too :D ......you've got to protect that new paint on the axle!

Keep up the good work.

Andrew.
:lol: Thanks Andrew. Yep nice bit of protection from the axle stands mate.! Has to be done :lol:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:43 am
andyd wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:44 am I have wiped the plastic front arch liners a few times but not removed wheels.
On the Capri?

Andrew.
Yes on the Capri.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Looking good mate will be dropping mine of to yours soon for some pinto nick treatment :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
brooky
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.0 Laser and XR4x4i.

Post by brooky »

Hi Nick

looking good under there, on your first photo, is that rear bumper kinked inwards in the centre, it must be an illusion as I am sure you would have noticed it yourself before

Mark
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:55 pm Looking good mate will be dropping mine of to yours soon for some pinto nick treatment :beer:
:lol: Thanks Jason.

You know I can't say no to a Pinto :heart: :wave: :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

brooky wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:24 pm Hi Nick

looking good under there, on your first photo, is that rear bumper kinked inwards in the centre, it must be an illusion as I am sure you would have noticed it yourself before
Not an illusion Mark, but it is....... :lol:

There is indeed a tiny ding in the rear bumper that you can only see in certain light but this picture is an illusion as it looks like there is a big dent in it. :lol:

I have both a new rear and front bumper hidden away down the side of my wardrobe which I plan to paint and fit at some stage but as the ding is small it's fine for now.

Cheers Mark :)
brooky
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.0 Laser and XR4x4i.

Post by brooky »

Good to see you are on the case, I know sometimes things look worse in different light and also digital photos really do enhance things sometimes, just wanted to make sure you hadnt overseen the obvious as this is easily done sometimes when you are focused on the detail and you have definitely taken care of the detail on this car as it is looking great
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

I had actually spotted the ding in the bumper but didn’t want to mention it! :whistle:

The car looks great Nick, as always! 8-)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

brooky wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:42 am Good to see you are on the case, I know sometimes things look worse in different light and also digital photos really do enhance things sometimes, just wanted to make sure you hadnt overseen the obvious as this is easily done sometimes when you are focused on the detail and you have definitely taken care of the detail on this car as it is looking great
mjcapri wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:07 am I had actually spotted the ding in the bumper but didn’t want to mention it! :whistle:

The car looks great Nick, as always! 8-)
:lol: :lol: This bleedin ding is causing me sleepless nights now guys :wave:

I left it as said not was not terribly noticeable, except looks like it is now :shock: :lol: but not been too bothered by it tbh. I have a bew bumper "hidden" beside my wardrobe...

So yep been meaning to get this replaced and have a new front one too so when the weather warns up will get them resprayed and fitted :)

Thanks for the kind comments too chaps. Much appreciated :) :)