The Chinese coronavirus

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Post Reply
User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3625
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

The Chinese coronavirus

Post by Jasonmarie » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:40 pm

So I do wonder where this is going as the joke shop at number 10 who has called a snake meeting for Monday as this weekend he is celebrating knocking another woman up is going to stop big events ?
Yes so will this mean some big classic car shows be cancelled.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... y-11946939
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

ESSEXV6ESSEX
Posts: 497
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:45 pm
Car(s): Car

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:39 pm

I don't think it will be to long before it travels around the country and events are cancelled, got to honest I wouldn't want to go anyway if there is significant risk I think it's supposed to have spread from bats through to Pangolins; some Chinese people think it's a good idea to drink the blood of Pangolins and eat the meat as a delecasy! When are people going to reason that the reality is the reason these potions and herbal crap is not available as an over the counter or NHS prescription drug or treatment is because its bull shite and doesn't work!! Idiots! No instead go and infect the world with mutated animal deseases there is no cure for and kills people. Then on top of that the people in power to deal with this sort of thing I. E. the Chinese government are just corrupt dictators and idiots. Why does anybody still do any business with them. World is a strange place.

User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 7407
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): Hot 2.0S
Location: Cambridge

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by Major_Tom » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:08 pm

I have some videos on my phone of Chinese folks happily chowing down on live mice, dunking the wretched things in sauce and eating them like its normal. Also munching cheerfully away on half cooked bats, fish cooked in the middle with the head still raw and alive as its body is being eaten :( its a delicacy! :( also saw one from Korea where there's a dozen diners waiting around for their meal to be served..... thing is the meal is a live dog being cooked to death in a big wok. Theyre all totally fine with it. Bit like we were thousands and thousands of years ago I guess?!

Im no expert but cooking these poor fuckers properly, including killing them first etc might help stop certain other hungry organisms crossing the species barrier.

God Im trying to lighten up here, not doing too well am I, sorry.
I'm the one that leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 13274
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:11 pm

Major_Tom wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:08 pm
I have some videos on my phone of Chinese folks happily chowing down on live mice, dunking the wretched things in sauce and eating them like its normal. Also munching cheerfully away on half cooked bats, fish cooked in the middle with the head still raw and alive as its body is being eaten :( its a delicacy! :( also saw one from Korea where there's a dozen diners waiting around for their meal to be served..... thing is the meal is a live dog being cooked to death in a big wok.
:shock: I'm going to be extra careful with my selections the next time I order a takeaway.....

Andrew.
Image

Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 8:34 pm
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss
Location: Invercargill New Zealand

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by Mc Tool » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:18 pm

Part of the issue is that as soon as one expresses such an opinion people concerntrate their energy branding you as a racist instead of addressing the issue .....because its easier.
This is so simple , virus hits china (reason doesnt matter ) and every bastard bolts for the 4 corners and takes the bug with them ,and then moan because the virus is in their back yard. When there is an outbreak of bovine tb you are not allowed to move any stock and it is contained ....why wouldnt that work for people ? but ,no ,we immediatley move them all over the world.
Major tom , I think the word you needed is "barbaric " no respect for life
you gotta make the most :cheers: :cigar: :burnout: out of your 20's, 30's, and 40's coz when you hit 50 the "engine check" light comes on. :?

mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1802
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:23 pm
Car(s): Diamond White Mk3 Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Deep Orange Fiesta ST Performance Edition

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by mjcapri » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:59 am

I thought Corona was Mexican?

Either way I’ve drank so much of it over the years I’m probably immune!

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7024
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by andyd » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:37 am

Jasonmarie wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:40 pm

Yes so will this mean some big classic car shows be cancelled.
Even smaller events will probably be cancelled.
The way it's going I can see this happening just as car show season starts, mid to late April in my case.
Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 5089
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:58 am

andyd wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:37 am
Jasonmarie wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:40 pm

Yes so will this mean some big classic car shows be cancelled.
Even smaller events will probably be cancelled.
The way it's going I can see this happening just as car show season starts, mid to late April in my case.
Chaps I believe we will still be able to have our car shows but we just won't be allowed to get out of our cars :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

Paul G
Posts: 1493
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS,
Location: High Wycombe

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by Paul G » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:08 am

Hopefully by the summer the worst of this virus will be over and things can go back to a bit of normality.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7024
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by andyd » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:24 am

Paul G wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:08 am
Hopefully by the summer the worst of this virus will be over and things can go back to a bit of normality.
Fingers crossed Paul!

Prevention is better than cure, so I can't believe they have allowed tens of thousands of people at Cheltenham races this week :?
That's a sure way to spread infection, but typical of the UK :doh:
Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3625
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by Jasonmarie » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:24 pm

All things are kicking off , did laugh david attenborough still going on about climate change , also schools might shut for a month and we have got to start using the cat to wipe our arses :lol:

The woman two doors up from me said she is going to Spain in April and the government better sort things out , I said yes I guess they will by stopping you from leaving the UK , :lol: think I am off this years xmas list :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Posts: 6885
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:57 am
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by Peter-S » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:42 pm

Chap from our office went to Italy last Sunday as it was already booked and paid for. He's spent most of his time there making arrangements to get back and will then have to shut himself away on his own for two weeks :banghead:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr

User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 7407
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): Hot 2.0S
Location: Cambridge

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by Major_Tom » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:26 pm

Peter-S wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:42 pm
Chap from our office went to Italy last Sunday as it was already booked and paid for. He's spent most of his time there making arrangements to get back and will then have to shut himself away on his own for two weeks :banghead:
I bet he'll be fine.
I'm the one that leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.

mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1802
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:23 pm
Car(s): Diamond White Mk3 Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Deep Orange Fiesta ST Performance Edition

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by mjcapri » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:03 am

Peter-S wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:42 pm
Chap from our office went to Italy last Sunday as it was already booked and paid for. He's spent most of his time there making arrangements to get back and will then have to shut himself away on his own for two weeks :banghead:
Our friends have just got back, they had to get the train (well several!) and the ferry back as they couldn’t fly. To be fair to them they were already there and have gone into self isolation.

The whole thing’s really p***ing me off to be honest, not the virus itself although I’m not really keen on it, but more so the idiotic reactions we’re seeing from people (I’m trying so hard not to call them plebs!). The food aisles in our local supermarket were pretty much bare yesterday, I mean, why? Inevitably there were plenty of w***ers with overflowing trolleys, matching his & hers in some cases, there was a women screaming at her partner to ‘take the lot’ (seemingly referring to potato waffles!) and then I heard another young ‘lady’ telling somebody on the phone that she would ‘just have to put it on the credit card’. I hope her credit limit was high enough to cover the cost of all the pointless crap she’d piled into her trolley. And then there are the innocent victims of all this (I could count myself as I couldn’t find any tinned tomatoes!). There was an old lady stood looking around totally bewildered and seemingly unable to find anything she needed (like actually needed). It was genuinely sad and made me quite angry (if you couldn’t tell!). People need to get a grip.... A lot of this stockpiled food will end up in the bin I suspect as well....

Rant and rave over for now we’re off to M&S, hopefully the prices will have deterred any stockpilers!

Lord Flasheart
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:19 pm
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by Lord Flasheart » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:38 am

mjcapri wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:03 am
Peter-S wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:42 pm
Chap from our office went to Italy last Sunday as it was already booked and paid for. He's spent most of his time there making arrangements to get back and will then have to shut himself away on his own for two weeks :banghead:
Our friends have just got back, they had to get the train (well several!) and the ferry back as they couldn’t fly. To be fair to them they were already there and have gone into self isolation.

The whole thing’s really p***ing me off to be honest, not the virus itself although I’m not really keen on it, but more so the idiotic reactions we’re seeing from people (I’m trying so hard not to call them plebs!). The food aisles in our local supermarket were pretty much bare yesterday, I mean, why? Inevitably there were plenty of w***ers with overflowing trolleys, matching his & hers in some cases, there was a women screaming at her partner to ‘take the lot’ (seemingly referring to potato waffles!) and then I heard another young ‘lady’ telling somebody on the phone that she would ‘just have to put it on the credit card’. I hope her credit limit was high enough to cover the cost of all the pointless crap she’d piled into her trolley. And then there are the innocent victims of all this (I could count myself as I couldn’t find any tinned tomatoes!). There was an old lady stood looking around totally bewildered and seemingly unable to find anything she needed (like actually needed). It was genuinely sad and made me quite angry (if you couldn’t tell!). People need to get a grip.... A lot of this stockpiled food will end up in the bin I suspect as well....

Rant and rave over for now we’re off to M&S, hopefully the prices will have deterred any stockpilers!
Sadly peoples propensity for stupidity never fails to disappoint :swear:

Fuckwits

Paul G
Posts: 1493
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS,
Location: High Wycombe

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by Paul G » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:18 am

I'm thinking of signing up for home delivery from the local Morrisons. Question is when we all get confined to barracks will these deliveries continue?

User avatar
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4419
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:31 pm
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by stevemarl » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:30 am

mjcapri wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:03 am
we’re off to M&S, hopefully the prices will have deterred any stockpiler
Did call in ours yesterday (for a couple of sandwiches) and all was normal, shelves full: different demographic maybe?
Completely agree about the mindless herd mentality. They make problems where none exist.

Edit. definitely better class than Iceland: could be natural selection in action?. https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2020/03/15/s ... id=webmail
Last edited by stevemarl on Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Noel
Donator
Donator
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 7:57 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
Location: Twickenham

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by Noel » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:34 am

different demographic maybe?
The snob in me thought too, but I understand that there was a girl on girl altercation in Twickenham Waitrose yesterday, what it was about I don't know. Last pot of hummus maybe. Rich people can be thick too.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 13274
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:51 am

Apparently bottled water is a popular choice amongst the stockpilers. Are they anticipating contaminated water supplies through the taps? :?

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Posts: 6885
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:57 am
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: The Chinese coronavirus

Post by Peter-S » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:54 am

mjcapri wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:03 am
There was an old lady stood looking around totally bewildered and seemingly unable to find anything she needed
We've been saying, not in a nasty way, that is as well my Mum passed away a couple of year's ago. Although she basically looked after herself, with carers keeping tabs, she had dementia. I can't imagine how she would have dealt with empty shelves or the proposal to isolate 70+ year olds as she wouldn't remember anything about it from one day to the next. I can remember regular calls telling me her garage roof had come off as it was new to her nearly every day. Forgotten about once fixed but there must be plenty of people out there that will need an awful lot of extra care even if they do not become ill.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr

Post Reply