Mot's suspended in Northern Ireland

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mot's suspended in Northern Ireland

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Re: Mot's suspended in Northern Ireland

Post by Not_Anumber »

Ive always wondered why NI has government run MOT centres as opposed to being franchised to independent garages as it is in the rest of the UK.

Clearly there has been some serious lack of investment going on for many years if the metalwork on the majority of their hydraulic ramps has got into such a bad state. You do wonder what on earth the people working there were doing all this time failing to report this.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Mot's suspended in Northern Ireland

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Not_Anumber wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:17 am Ive always wondered why NI has government run MOT centres as opposed to being franchised to independent garages as it is in the rest of the UK.

Clearly there has been some serious lack of investment going on for many years if the metalwork on the majority of their hydraulic ramps has got into such a bad state. You do wonder what on earth the people working there were doing all this time failing to report this.
:agree: Strange how NI is in the UK but the MOT set up is very different to mainland UK and just as you say why did the staff in the centres with very bad ramps keep working through knowing this. Surely it's in their own interest to keep themselves safe by reporting it to someone.!!! Could be down to budget and them knowing they might not get anywhere by complaining but surely not.!!! Maybe it's only a few centres that were very bad and the others are not as bad but they need to do a blanket check of them all but boy what a mess it must have created and no doubt a hell of a lot of confusion for motorists over there who are due mot's.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...