I got bling

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

I got bling

Post by Mc Tool »

I see some of you guys showing off you go-fast parts and bling, so here's mine but rather than make a whole production ( with a score..... and sequil ) like Nick :P ,I cant even spell cimematographer and I wasnt sure how many images I could cram in so I bunched into a few pix .
IMG_20200124_124247.jpg
Wheels
IMG_20200124_124258.jpg
IMG_20200124_125434.jpg
IMG_20200124_125556.jpg
Front end stuff , and the motor a 3.5
Pretty much everything apart from the recaro's came from Burtons.
Deffinatley a bit budget compared to Nicks , but its stinkin hot here at the mo , me ,the mrs,and 2 cats are all sitting on the hall floor under the air con ....with stella's....not the cats.
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: I got bling

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Great stuff!
It looks like you've got a house and garage full of goodies. I can't see a Capri anywhere in your photos though! :lol:

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Yeah ,thats the shameful bit ,its in an unbelievably dusty shed ,under a pile of polycarbonate roofing sheets and hasnt moved for a year and a half.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Hamish.

Mate I was looking forward to seeing some pictures of your engine and how it was coming along and boy was it worth the was it... WOW.!! Stunning.!!! :applaud:

It's looking amazing Hamish. Rocker covers look suoetn as does the sir filter. You doing an amazing job. Love it !!! Just the right amount of bling too and it all looks proper spot on. Am loving that exhaust manifold too. Manifolds not only do such an important job in the right set up but also set the engine off a treat just as this one does. Did you get this made or is it an off the shelf set up. Looks very good quality and fit. Nice one.!!!

Yep Burton really do lovely stuff mate and it's all great quality. Their oil filler caps are just stunning.!!!! Burton deffo not budget mate. All quality stuff Hamish and deffo not budget compared to mine :lol: :)

Love the recaro's :heart: and the wheels :heart: They are gonna look stunning. Can't wait to see more photos of this restoration Hamish. Thanjs for posting up these photos

All the best

Nick 8
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Fair play you have been busy. Impressed mate, your car has done well for Christmas :applaud:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

I made the exhausts ,as you can see they have to go down behind the engine mounts and that was a pain. The plan is not to modify crapi so I can go back to original ,so things had to fit round x member , steering shaft , brake booster ect. I have just got a 3.9 serpentine belt motor (in bits in the background ) and I will do this up and fit it with its efi (I have a meggasquirt ecu )
IMG_20200124_123742.jpg
I have polished the plenum and will swap a few other bits over from the 3.5 . The big advantage of the serp motor is that it came complete with alt ,ps pump ,aircon pump and tensioner ,and all the proper brackets AND its 40mm shorter.
Nick , when I said budget I meant the state of my pic show compared to your full length movie. Now all I gotta do if figure out how to do the rear end. Im thinking 4 link , possibly using the front spring mounts for the front lower link and maybe use modified sway bar mounts somehow for the top links . No doubt I will change my mind about that 10 times before its finished :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mc Tool wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:13 pmNick , when I said budget I meant the state of my pic show compared to your full length movie.
Hamish I did not think for one min you were calling your engine rebuild budget mate as its as anything but that !... its bleedin amazing . :lol:

That manifold is a great bit of engineering. Great to be able to make your own one bespoke to your needs. Good luck with the rest of the rebuikd/resto Hamish and all those mind changing decisions :lol:

All sounds proper exciting.!!! Look forward to seeing more photos as and when :)

All the best

Nick
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Love the new bling , must be something in the air of 2020 for bling the wheels look great :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

There is a ton of money to be saved when you can do things your self . The skill required here is more knowing what you cant do (to an acecptable standard ). The hardest part is actually listening to the voice of reason ( she aint usually far away :) ) coz I dont actually need a racing car ,or 300hp :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Happy birthday Hamish! :cheers:

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Happy Birthday Hamish. All the best mate :cheers:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Happy Birthday :cheers:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Happy birthday sir hope you got Capri bits :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Thanks guys :) . I got a Dewalt 735xe thickenser from Di ( I paid for it :doh: ) . I got it early , mmm :P mm , I told her I needed it to make her xmas pressie ,and she went for it. :o
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Very nice parts, I like your sig as well!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.