HS2

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

HS2

Post by stevemarl »

Just a bewildered observation really. On the news, apparently HS2 is now expected to cost 3x -- THREE TIMES - the original estimate! So £100 Bn from £30 odd. How can you have a `quote` for something and be £70,000,000,000 quid out? Rhetorical I know but Jesus Christ!
AND, I saw Newsnight the other night and if they abandon it, that will cost IIRC £8Bn? How? The land they`ve acquired can be resold, any hardware inventory can be disposed of. how does it cost £8Bn to NOT do something? All rhetorical, don`t expect an answer (cos there aint one) just gob-smacked by the ease with which untold millions can just disappear into a void.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: HS2

Post by andyd »

In 2020 the main line from London to South West still runs along the seafront at Dawlish!! Open to all stormy weather and often an incident.
train.jpg
That's where changes should be made, but south of Bristol no one seems to exist (The same can be said for many Northern areas too)

Always talks about moving the line in land but always excuses :( Mean while we carry on crunching carrots :cheers:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

andyd wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:53 am hat's where changes should be made, but south of Bristol no one seems to exist (The same can be said for many Northern areas too)
That`s the thing exactly! At 100Bn that`s about £5000 from every household in Britain just so a few people can get to London 20 minutes quicker! Yet people trying to get to work here up North can`t get seats, assuming a train even turns up. By tyhe time this will be done (as no doubt there will be `slippage` with that too) all business will be done through the net, Skype etc, anyway - people won`t be needing to go to London for their big business meetings. I wish I could be God for a day!
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

andyd wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:53 am I wish I could be God for a day!
Nah mate, it's not all it's cracked up to be. I'm quite fed up with it to be honest. :xd:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: