Capri-stang

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Capri-stang

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi chaps,

Seen this on fb earlier. Don't know about you guys but I really like it, although not sure about the grill badge though....

I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: Capri-stang

Post by stevemarl »

I don`t know, for what it`s cost to modify that, they could have just bought a proper Mustang and felt happy and fulfilled? It`s sort of a bit too `fussy` for me, a bit of this, a bit of that, although admittedly it looks well done.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

stevemarl wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:57 pm I don`t know, for what it`s cost to modify that, they could have just bought a proper Mustang and felt happy and fulfilled?.
:agree: I just dont get why the Mustang badge is there, as much as I like the car itself. Its a modified Capri and a very nice one at that.
stevemarl wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:57 pmIt`s sort of a bit too `fussy` for me, a bit of this, a bit of that, although admittedly it looks well done.
Yep I can see why you would think this Steve but I kinda really like the boldness of it and just sheer presence it gives off, and the work really looks to have been done to a very high standard. Love the colour too. Capris modified like this one will always divide opinion but as said i personally really like it :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

A lot of time, effort and money has obviously gone into creating one person's vision of their perfect Capri.
I think it's fair to say it won't suit everybody's tastes. I think it looks OK, but I much prefer a factory standard looking car.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Looks good, but not with the Mustang badge :?

Dr B has his Coyote up for £29750 best offer now, that car really divides opinion!

You can get a used UK Mustang V8 for around £27k now so I would probably go for that although it's alot bigger car.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

The mark one capris are really keeping there money now for a good one . Stunning car
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri author, ex Ford designer and two times Tickford owner.

Post by Steve Saxty »

Reminds me of the days when you could buy a "System Porsche" Seat with giant decals down the side, nobody was fooled. The same applies to Tickfords when people slather them in Aston badges, not realizing that people snigger away behind their backs.

There's a guy I see occasionally that parks an old Diablo up the road from me occasionally. I'm guilty of silently laughing that he covers it in Lamborghini shirts, branded seat belts, raging bull stickers and sunstrip. But then it gives him pleasure so I guess it's OK, he's not deceiving anyone, the car, and its owner, are what the are. But Porsche stripes on a Seat, Mustang or Aston badges on a Capri? Er, no thanks.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Im not often a fan of modified Capris or even X packs if truth be told but for me I think that Mk1 looks stunning, very well executed.

I agree the mustang badge has no place on it; you can not Foal all the people all the time. :deadhorse:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Steve Saxty wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:09 pm Reminds me of the days when you could buy a "System Porsche" Seat with giant decals down the side, nobody was fooled. The same applies to Tickfords when people slather them in Aston badges, not realizing that people snigger away behind their backs.

There's a guy I see occasionally that parks an old Diablo up the road from me occasionally. I'm guilty of silently laughing that he covers it in Lamborghini shirts, branded seat belts, raging bull stickers and sunstrip. But then it gives him pleasure so I guess it's OK, he's not deceiving anyone, the car, and its owner, are what the are. But Porsche stripes on a Seat, Mustang or Aston badges on a Capri? Er, no thanks.
The Harley Davidson boys really have the branded accessories covered. If you rode your hog into the hog shop and went for the full kit youd be going home on a totally different bike in a new ensemble ( inc ear rings and undies ) :lol:
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Not my cup of tea.
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

Gorgeous colour
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

That vent in the background looks like the owner has put the wiring off a bumper car in it :rice:
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

got the 1600 x flo and auto trans ? :)
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh