Rocker Cover - Just cant stop myself.....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Rocker Cover - Just cant stop myself.....

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

As title I just cant stop myself buying for B112's exciting upcoming Tickover Pt 4/5 :lol: :wave:

So as a few already know I am getting a few engine mods done very soon so I wanted to also have a look at rocker covers. A mate on fb who has used them himself, pointed me to a company that makes custom rocker covers for classic cars of all makes/models. You can pretty much have any logo and wording as long as it fits and not copyrighted. I do already have a nice black std cover I will get fitted for the moment when Tickover have B112 but I wanted something a bit different so been looking and have just ordered up one of these covers. Due to demand with orders the waiting time at the moment for any cover made is about 15/20 days plus delivery so I will fit it at a later date and before the first show I attend.

So they do two Pinto covers. Both very nice in their own ways but quite a bit different where price comes into play :shock: :lol:

The covers now. One with 7 fins and proud filler hole in the middle at end and one with 11 fins with the filler hole offset to the edge of cover and flush. I opted for the 11 fin cover and yep its the one that's the more expensive. :shock: :lol:

Below is an example of the cover I have ordered albeit NOT with "COSWORTH" wording of course.

This is the cover design...

I am having this logo/wording but in Black to match the above cover. Its all done at the casting stage so is part of the cover itself

Then I have a choice of two filler caps I have bought. The Burton one is a lovely cap but is the bigger one and I also found a really nice low level one. I will test fit and decide which one but the Burton one is the fav so far. It really is a stunning bit of kit !!

So all very exciting and deffo a new chapter for both B112 and myself. Go easy on me :wave: :lol: :lol:

All the best chaps

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Rocker Cover - Just cant stop myself.....

Post by Jasonmarie »

It will look great sir , also the bling is the start of a bigger thing , I can here An-Drew now thinking of a mk2 Capri in yellow 3.0 ghia with a small amount of Bling ..... :lol:

That rocker cover was made for the pinto I did here it got a mention in a book last year as the Best Engine in the World :lol:

Roll on Tickover 8 days Togo :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

:doh:
Jasonmarie wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:20 pmthe bling is the start of a bigger thing ,
Is that a Gravesend rap fella :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for your kind words mate. Should look good when everything else is in place... but the cap is not bling... Its chrome plated fella :lol: :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Thats a stunning looking bit of kit you have there fella :xd: ,I always thought the standard one was a bit bla ,but sorta stuck with it coz of the auto choke got in the way of anything cool. Have you got a gilmer drive belt kit Nick? How could you not. I put my aux shaft cover to the buffer and got it all shiny and then gave it a quick flick over with a bead blaster.....looks .....great without being garish :)
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
Your latest purchase looks superb and it will be the finishing touch to your superb looking engine.
Are you sure the "Cosworth" wording on the rocker cover isn't a hint at what you have planned for Tickover visit number 6? :D

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

"My name is Nick and I'm a Buy a holic" :)

Looks good Nick, noticeable but subtle too.

:goodluck:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Yep :agree: the cosworth looks real good , and it aint ,how would you say , totally unrelated, I mean it could be....... ;) Problem is , as Im sure you know Nick is that the ford one is also pretty damn cool
Rocker covers are a big chunk of the immediatley visable when you lift the bonnet , they make the motor.
I been polishing my Rover rocker covers and I plan to try and rebadge them to ford if I can. :)
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

I can't believe that you didn't just change 'Cosworth' to 'Pinto' !!
Would have looked the nuts! :lol:

Incidentally you'll have to let me know what the name of this company is on facebook as I've been considering having a similar style cover for a while

Cheers
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

But you're forgetting the special feeling you can ignite in fellow motorists.... a couple of years ago I was chased by a Civic type R.. he couldn't make any ground on me, even round the roundabout. When I pulled in, he jumps out and goes "wow, what you got under there?!" and I showed him this little oily pinto with a flaky rocker cover. You should have seen his face.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mc Tool wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:34 am Thats a stunning looking bit of kit you have there fella :xd: ,I always thought the standard one was a bit bla ,but sorta stuck with it coz of the auto choke got in the way of anything cool. Have you got a gilmer drive belt kit Nick? How could you not. I put my aux shaft cover to the buffer and got it all shiny and then gave it a quick flick over with a bead blaster.....looks .....great without being garish :)
Hi Hamish,

Thanks very much mate ! Yep always wanted to fit a more custom cover on the Pinto, but like you said the auto choke on the 32/36 dgav just got in the way. This custom cover I just ordered should look really good when fitted. I agree with you totally that the rocker cover is a bit of a feature especially on a engine like the Pinto. Don't get me wrong I still really like the std one and indeed am fitting one when I get the engine mods done as this custom one takes a few weeks to order. I'll fit it later on before the shows kick in.. Mate I don't think you can get Gilmer branded cambelts here anymore. "Gates" toothed belts are very popular here and seem to be the ones to go for. I am indeed getting a new one fitted while the other work is being done just for peace of mind. Getting a Blue Kent top pulley fitted too and running without the belt cover as many do.

That aux shaft cover you refurbished sounds well cool fella. Be great to see some more pics of your engine Hamish. You are doing a stunning job on yours ;)

Thanks again mate

All the best

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:39 am Hi Nick,
Your latest purchase looks superb and it will be the finishing touch to your superb looking engine.
Are you sure the "Cosworth" wording on the rocker cover isn't a hint at what you have planned for Tickover visit number 6? :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks Andrew. Mate I love the Pinto far too much mate. Its a great engine with so much potential depending on how deep your pockets are as I am finding out with just the little bit of tinkering I am doing to B112. Am working on the "Top floor" of the Pinto at the moment but who knows Tickover Pt 23 could be working on the "basement" ;) :lol: :lol:

But all monies spent so far have been monies well spent for me personally as the Pinto deserves it :heart: :)

All the best mate

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:48 am "My name is Nick and I'm a Buy a holic" :)

Looks good Nick, noticeable but subtle too.

:goodluck:
:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok I will say it Andy.... " My name is Nick and I am a Buy a holic " :wave: :lol:

Yep its not too overboard and keeping the wording in Black too it wont SCREAM out but it should deffo get noticed and look nice :)

Cheers Mr Andy :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mc Tool wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:51 amI been polishing my Rover rocker covers and I plan to try and rebadge them to ford if I can. :)
Hamish this sounds a great plan mate. When you decide to do it if you cant find anyone to rebadge yours in NZ then I can give you the details of the company I got mine from. They do lots of different covers for different makes and models and you can have pretty much what you want within reason. They ship overseas too. The wording/logo is cast into the cover at the point of construction so is actually part of the moulded casting.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:29 pm But all monies spent so far have been monies well spent for me personally as the Pinto deserves it :heart: :)
It's definitely worth it! Don't forget to use the special Tickover receipt I made for you... :D

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

D366Y wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:33 am I can't believe that you didn't just change 'Cosworth' to 'Pinto' !!
Danny
Danny... Do you really really deep down think I did not think of this young man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Played about with templates mate and messed about with Pinto but just looked too obvious....even for me :lol:
It works with Cosworth as its a bigger word... and it's a Cosworth!!! :lol:

I looked at PINTO 2.0 but again just did not look right to me. Wanted to get the Ford logo on it somewhere and was toying with power so Ford Power just looks spot on for me personally and kinda sits well with the mods I am doing. I even looked at "Pinto Nick" :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thing about this is its exactly as it says custom so whatever you like the look of then that's it but it might not please everyone :lol:

Mate the guy is 842 Rockercovers on fb. He does two Pinto covers. I went for the 11 fin one. Not cheap but looks nice. The other one he does gor Pinto also looks great and is half the price so you have thd choice.

He also has some nice Essex V6 ones too fella ;) ;) :)

Cheers Danny

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Major_Tom wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:01 pm But you're forgetting the special feeling you can ignite in fellow motorists.... a couple of years ago I was chased by a Civic type R.. he couldn't make any ground on me, even round the roundabout. When I pulled in, he jumps out and goes "wow, what you got under there?!" and I showed him this little oily pinto with a flaky rocker cover. You should have seen his face.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:16 pmIt's definitely worth it! Don't forget to use the special Tickover receipt I made for you... :D
:lol: Thanks Andrew. I just fired up the photocopier and will print of one of your special Tickover receipts ;) :lol: :lol: