Bullit Mustang sold

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Post Reply
Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1674
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Bullit Mustang sold

Post by Caprifan Rob » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:51 pm

Just watched the actual Bullit Mustang auction on YouTube. Saw this car at goodwood 2018, it's a piece of automotive film history & is unrestored & quite rough. Bodywork all dented and seat coverings split, just as it should be for a movie prop.
What price for this Hollywood icon? $3.4 million :o . Sold yesterday in Florida, amazing what collectors will pay.

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3166
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Bullit Mustang sold

Post by Jasonmarie » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:39 pm

Amazing price for a film car .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12898
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Bullit Mustang sold

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:31 am

An incredible sale price, wow!
One reason for the high sale price is that it has been kept in the same condition as it was in the film, even down to the little customisations that McQueen himself requested.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6706
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Bullit Mustang sold

Post by andyd » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:02 am

Mad price but what a car to own :cool:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6706
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Bullit Mustang sold

Post by andyd » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:47 am


Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1674
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Bullit Mustang sold

Post by Caprifan Rob » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:41 pm

What a scene, still enjoy watching it.
The other Bullitt car, discovered stripped to a shell in a Mexico scrapyard is being restored to its former glory. It won’t be original but there’s not much left of it anyway. Wonder what that one would be worth.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6706
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Bullit Mustang sold

Post by andyd » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:49 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:41 pm
What a scene, still enjoy watching it.
The other Bullitt car, discovered stripped to a shell in a Mexico scrapyard is being restored to its former glory. It won’t be original but there’s not much left of it anyway. Wonder what that one would be worth.
Only a few miles away and a bargain at £50k https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mustang-Bull ... Swx3Vd2luw Nice day for a test drive :D

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1674
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Bullit Mustang sold

Post by Caprifan Rob » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:03 pm

andyd wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:49 pm

Only a few miles away and a bargain at £50k https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mustang-Bull ... Swx3Vd2luw Nice day for a test drive :D
:wub:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6706
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Bullit Mustang sold

Post by andyd » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:44 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:03 pm
andyd wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:49 pm

Only a few miles away and a bargain at £50k https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mustang-Bull ... Swx3Vd2luw Nice day for a test drive :D
:wub:
Just thinking Rob, wouldn't it be great to have enough money to go out today and buy one of these and still keep the Capri for special occasions :D

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1674
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Bullit Mustang sold

Post by Caprifan Rob » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:00 pm

andyd wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:44 pm
Just thinking Rob, wouldn't it be great to have enough money to go out today and buy one of these and still keep the Capri for special occasions :D
Now you’re talking :D

ESSEXV6ESSEX
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:45 pm
Car(s): Car

Re: Bullit Mustang sold

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Amazing price isn't it. Nothing though I suppose in the real money world. People have millions to hand these days. I never really get bullet, I like to think I'm cultured (after all I'm on here and own a Capri) but I just don't get the Hyoe over this film. I bought it, watches it with great anticipation but found it quite dull.

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1674
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Bullit Mustang sold

Post by Caprifan Rob » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:40 pm

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:09 pm
Amazing price isn't it. Nothing though I suppose in the real money world. People have millions to hand these days. I never really get bullet, I like to think I'm cultured (after all I'm on here and own a Capri) but I just don't get the Hyoe over this film. I bought it, watches it with great anticipation but found it quite dull.
I only ever watch the chase scene on YouTube. Best 10 mins of the film, not really worth watching the rest of it just to see this bit.

Post Reply