maintenance

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

maintenance

Post by stevemarl »

This could be one of a series as the guy next door used to own a garage and still does work for ex customers as a bit of extra income. The state that some of the cars arrive in is beyond belief sometimes, almost undriveable, this is just the latest but it makes you wonder: the car behind me, what state is it actually in?
This is from a small renault van, the front wheel bearings `went` ages ago but, obviously one doesn`t let such details stop you getting around... The chewed up bearings have been spinning in the actual hub until they have almost worn right through it. You do wonder.

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: maintenance

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Steve,
That's a shocker. That bearing must have been making a horrendous noise, there's no way that the vehicle's owner could have been oblivious that something was wrong, and was still prepared to continue driving. :roll: I wonder why they finally chose to get the van repaired? An impending MOT test perhaps?

Andrew.
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

It is beggers belief the state that some folk drive around in. The number of folk who go around with basic things such as lamps out (very easily noticed and very easily fixed in 3 minutes) astounds me.
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

Unreal.... Did he use the filler in the first pic to build the hub back up? :whistle:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Of course not - JB Weld, much stronger!