Tickover Pt 4 - The Next Chapter

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Tickover Pt 4 - The Next Chapter

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi all,

Well after a lot of preparation over the last year and a half with Tickover Pts 1,2 and 3 I am finally ready to move onto Tickover Pt4 ! Its actually under way as we speak and very exciting indeed :)

Tickover have already sent off a 2.0 Head for me to their engineers about 2 weeks ago to get it unleaded hardened seat valves, ported, big valves all round and a Kent fast road cam kit fitted. Not decided on which cam kit yet but looking into this. Thinking maybe the Kent FR32 which I hear is a good set up for what I am doing but will take advice on this nearer the time.. Oh yep, almost forgot I am fitting a pair of these beauties too.....

With all these upgrades to the Pinto I am also getting the front brakes upgraded too so suppose this is Tickover Pt 5 :lol:

I was always planning to do these engine modifications but I wanted to get the suspension/wheels/stance set up beforehand and as some of you know I have had the drive train all done too along with a new fuel tank and other little jobs so yep now is the time to move it up a gear !! Plus I am turning 50 next month so what better time to treat myself to something I have always wanted to do with B112.

So, as said its all under way. The head they sent off is with the engineers and should be back in a couple of months. Tickover have already ordered the Weber 45s for me from Webcon set up with the correct jetting. They are of course going to get it all assembled and set up for me. I have a couple of other little jobs I will be doing to suit this new set up which will deffo give my engine bay a totally new look not to mention the extra performance from the Pinto which is something I always wanted to explore !

So as said all very exciting !! Cant wait, although having already paid for the Weber's and a deposit on the head work I will now have to tell Mrs Fordoholic that the holiday next year is off... :shock: ...and the year after too.... :o …. :lol: :lol:

All the best

Nick

PS Just realised I should have posted this om the projects forum but I will post any updates over there !
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Tickover Pt 4 - The Next Chapter

Post by Jasonmarie »

So the secret is out on Tickover part 4-5 & 6 is out ....... :lol:
When will you say that John is taking B112 down the Santa Pod run nextyear .....?

Can’t wait to here and see this in the making young Nick . Also peter when we do deal we will need to stop a few time for nick to fill up with petrol :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:19 pmCan’t wait to here and see this in the making young Nick
Ahh thanks very much Jason. Nice one mate :)
Jasonmarie wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:19 pmAlso peter when we do deal we will need to stop a few time for nick to fill up with petrol :lol:
:applaud: :lol: :lol: I wish I could disagree but I can't :lol:

Cheers Jason :cheers:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

So Nick, the owner of the first Capri with 45s that doesn't go over 60. Could be unique :poke: :lol:

Sounding like some great upgrades there mate. Smoke 'Em would be proud :D :applaud:

Shame about the holiday but I happen to know of a good camping weekend in July next year that would be a cheap alternative :wave:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

The Tickover boy's are 2 of the nicest guy's I've met in Capri circle's, always friendly and willing to offer advice, most importantly always honest, I've been dealing with them for over 28 year's and I can honestly say they have never done a bad piece of work on my car's, in fact they recently converted a 3 litre GXL to power steering for my partner and what a job they did, she can finally drive her after 10 year's of ownership!

Wayne
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:27 pm So Nick, the owner of the first Capri with 45s that doesn't go over 60. Could be unique :poke: :lol:

Sounding like some great upgrades there mate. Smoke 'Em would be proud :D :applaud:

Shame about the holiday but I happen to know of a good camping weekend in July next year that would be a cheap alternative :wave:
:lol: :lol:

Don't worry Peter, I won't let you down. I have been saving myself for this mate. I am going to enjoy these upgrades ;) ;)

Thanks Peter, yep some very exciting work indeed. Have had B112 on the lead for too long now :lol: Yep, I do hope Dave sees this . He will be over the moon wont he!!!! . :lol: :lol:

Just tried selling 'that' weekend to Siobhan but when I told her it will be a CRaP weekend she sort of went off the idea :lol: :lol:

Thanks again for the kind words Peter. I really am excited about this one. Jesus it's costing me enough but deffo a new chapter for B112.

All the best

Nick
Cosmicbike
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser Resto Project

Post by Cosmicbike »

More shiny bits, very nice indeed. Be interesting to see how the engine mods work out as I'm looking to play with the 2.0 pinto lump I have to put into mine.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mr B wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:47 pm The Tickover boy's are 2 of the nicest guy's I've met in Capri circle's, always friendly and willing to offer advice, most importantly always honest, I've been dealing with them for over 28 year's and I can honestly say they have never done a bad piece of work on my car's, in fact they recently converted a 3 litre GXL to power steering for my partner and what a job they did, she can finally drive her after 10 year's of ownership!

Wayne
Hi Wayne,

Wow. How cool you been usiing Gus and Clive for 28yrs!!! And that power steering conversion they done for you sounds amazing mate!!
I could not agree with you any more Wayne. In the relatively short time I have known them it's easy to see they are proper decent guys, so friendly and their knowledge of Capris is just amazing. This is my fourth visit to them now and every time their work has been just superb.10/10 They replaced and set up my suspension spot on.. They also refurbished my drive train too. Stunning job. Now with this engine modification I am so excited as they really know their business when it comes to this sort stuff, so I know it will get set up and tuned just right. Getting them to sort a few other things too while they are doing the engine mods. Can't wait mate!

It's always money well spent when it's spent at Tickover :)

Thanks again Wayne
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Cosmicbike wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:47 pm Be interesting to see how the engine mods work out
So am I mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your Pinto Project sounds very exciting mate :)

I have been taking advice along the way so as not to go too overboard with the mods for what I want and end up with a car I can't drive. So keeping things relatively simple but hopefully mighty effective from what I have heard from a mate who has had a few modified Pinto's back in the day, with similar modifications I am doing to mine. You do need pretty deep pockets though :shock: :lol: but you can easily dig even deeper and get incredible power upgrades to a Pinto but this one will be plenty for me...for now :lol:

Yep once all done I will post up how it goes mate,

Cheers

Nick
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Nice upgrades Nick :)

I had an XR3i with a fast road cam, and although a little 'lumpy' in traffic it really wanted to pull when you put your foot down :D

Those carbs should sound good too :cheers:

:goodluck:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Peter-S wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:27 pm So Nick, the owner of the first Capri with 45s that doesn't go over 60. Could be unique :poke: :lol:
I think Tom would be having a fit if he knew :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Sounds like an exciting, if expensive, project Nick. How many horsepower do you think it will have after this?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:36 am Nice upgrades Nick :)

I had an XR3i with a fast road cam, and although a little 'lumpy' in traffic it really wanted to pull when you put your foot down :D

Those carbs should sound good too :cheers:

:goodluck:
Cheers Andy. Looking forward to testing this out mate ;) and yep totally agree with the soundtrack from the 45s :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

D366Y wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:39 am
:shock: :lol: :lol: Guys you may think I never drive over 60 but believe me I do let my hair down and certainly will with this set up :lol:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Nice mod nick. You've done that car proud mate, it already looks great and this will make sure it goes great too. Is the next chapter a clear perspex bonnet so we can all see your handiwork ? ;)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:38 am
D366Y wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:39 am
:shock: :lol: :lol: Guys you may think I never drive over 60 but believe me I do let my hair down and certainly will with this set up :lol:
I can confirm we hit 63mph on the M2 coming back from Deal :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

I put a Kent FR32 in a late style pinto head a few years ago. It will really unlock the potential of a nicely ported head whilst remaining very civilised and tractable in traffic.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
It sounds like you have some exciting jobs in hand at Tickover, and possible more to come in the future. You're certainly making B112 into your dream Capri. 8-)

Andrew.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:31 pm You're certainly making B112 into your dream
Andrew.
Now if he could get it water proofed as well ... ;)
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Peter-S wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:25 pm Now if he could get it water proofed as well ... ;)
Is there a way to graft one of those carcoons onto the Capri bodywork ? :lol: That's an idea for Tickover visit number 6.

Andrew.