Tickford Capri Advert

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Tickford Capri Advert

Post by pbar »

Little Tickford advert from back in the day. Interesting to note the price, which is equivalent to over £51,000 today. Expensive car for sure.

Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri author, ex Ford designer and two times Tickford owner.

Re: Tickford Capri Advert

Post by Steve Saxty »

Yup and a fully-optioned one like the pearl white show car or Paul Windram's green car would be 90k today - way off the 35k a Capri Injection would be in today's money.

The trouble was their residual value was terrible. I bought two used Tickford's off the factory. I paid around 5k for them when they were selling new for 12-13k. That was a two-year old car that lost 60% of its value - nobody wanted them!
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Its madness they lost their value so rapidly. They would have been easy enough to revert to normally aspirated use if sky high insurance was the factor putting people off.
I do wish I had known at the time, i just assumed they would be hopelessly out of my financial reach.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Great find Paul. This was the stuff of dreams when they were new, I like to see them now & definitely appreciate them, don't hanker after owning one anymore but still enjoy seeing how individual owners specced up the interiors.