Aldi - New Car Stuff & Security Post

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Aldi - New Car Stuff & Security Post

Post by pbar »

Our friend Aldi has more new car stuff in at the moment, including tools, petrol cans (cheapest I have seen at less than £4), axle stands, car mats and so on.

But currently, they have security posts at just £6.99. Don't let the price fool you, they seem a very decent solid piece of kit. Surface mounted fold down type.

andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Aldi - New Car Stuff & Security Post

Post by andyd »

Thanks for that Paul.

We use Aldi alot more now, so will have a look around next time.

:cheers:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Wow ! Great heads up Paul. That's remarkable value :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Only thing I'd say about the security posts is that you need to make sure it's set into a solid piece of concrete or similar.
I used to manage a property that decided to install a similar thing on the single parking space in a block of 22 flats on a busy road, first person turned up, found it locked and drove over it and as it was set into paving it took up the small slab pretty easily and was immediately redundant

If they're secured properly they work a treat though!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

When you said security post I thought you meant a post on the forum.....which it is as well.... ooh this future is confusing.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

someone offered to post me one of these but it wasnt a concrete offer.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Here is one of the posts fitted, a good extra piece of security.

Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

If I was a car thief and saw one of them "protecting" (like the above pic ) the car I would think that the owner either wanted his car stolen or he had an odd sense of humour , either way Id have a laugh as I backed over it . We sell them things here too and , the only thief they would stop is one that had a morbid fear of cheap security posts :lol:
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
pbar

Post by pbar »

It's all about putting another would be scrote off Hamish, stop them pushing a car down the road for example so they can then get to work removing other devices and trying to start it. Every extra security device puts someone off.

Anyway, image deleted.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Please dont delete image on my account.
I just get a bit annoyed that people market these flimsy things on the premise that the lucky purchaser is now immune to car theft when in actual fact that aint even going to slow down someone stealing to order.
It might ,however , provide peace of mind if thats what you need. I would hate to think someone unwittingly relied on one of these as a genuine security solution. :)
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

pbar wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:07 pm It's all about putting another would be scrote off Hamish, stop them pushing a car down the road for example so they can then get to work removing other devices and trying to start it. Every extra security device puts someone off.

Anyway, image deleted.
A scrote? How about thieving little c**** that need to be hung up by their cobbler's and bull whipped for 24 hour's - that's if the little bastards could last that long, they should go to work like I have to, nothing is for free in this world - only a bat upside their head if they touch my car.

Wayne
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Mr B wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:49 pm
pbar wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:07 pm It's all about putting another would be scrote off Hamish, stop them pushing a car down the road for example so they can then get to work removing other devices and trying to start it. Every extra security device puts someone off.

Anyway, image deleted.
A scrote? How about thieving little c**** that need to be hung up by their cobbler's and bull whipped for 24 hour's - that's if the little bastards could last that long, they should go to work like I have to, nothing is for free in this world - only a bat upside their head if they touch my car.

Wayne
Put that man in government :applaud:

No punishment now for this sort of theft etc :roll: As pbar says, just making it as awkward as possible slowing them down.

I was talking to a mate yesterday , he told me he doesnt lock his car just uses a disklok! Basically he wouldn't want anyone to smash the window or destroy the lock getting into the vehicle.
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:28 am As pbar says, just making it as awkward as possible slowing them down.
Thank you Andy, yes you are so right.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Not_Anumber wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:03 pm someone offered to post me one of these but it wasnt a concrete offer.
That's the foundation of a good business acumen.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Been doing a wee bit of research , turns out the folding post as above was designed to stop people from pinching your allocated car park......not your car , a small shove and it will fold faster than superman on laundry day.
Screenshot_20200728-175504.png
This in ground retails for 150 nz bucks ( about £75 ). Probly a bit more work involved installing it ,depending what tools/skills you have as the base is best concreted in.
pbar ,I am sorry for dissin your post .
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

I used to manage a block of flats with one parking space specifically reserved for one of the 22 flats which had one of these foldy posts and as Hamish has said it works to stop people parking in the space but we had someone drive over it because they obviously really wanted to park there and it just folded and was useless beyond that

A good visual deterrent for sure, I think if someone knows they aren't that strong then it may not work
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
pbar

Post by pbar »

D366Y wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:38 am works to stop people parking in the space but we had someone drive over it
Not sure of the make/type of those obviously Danny, but I do have to say that I think the Aldi ones are really strong, and at that price, superb value too. I bought two as I was so taken with them. Need to be well secured/bolted into the substrate of course. I feel that they are a very decent deterrent and worthwhile.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

pbar wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:28 pm
D366Y wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:38 am works to stop people parking in the space but we had someone drive over it
Not sure of the make/type of those obviously Danny, but I do have to say that I think the Aldi ones are really strong, and at that price, superb value too. I bought two as I was so taken with them. Need to be well secured/bolted into the substrate of course. I feel that they are a very decent deterrent and worthwhile.
I'll see what my mum says when I plonk a couple on her Driveway :lol:
If they work then definitely worth the investment