New Member - and message for Brooksy

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Re: New Member - and message for Brooksy

Post by D366Y »

Mk3 Mags wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:25 am

Registration number is C498 GGK

Many thanks Danny.
Found you! :)
Attachments
FB_IMG_1568278571299.jpg
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I've got to say that Margaret has become a dear friend of mine since I joined the Surrey club just over 4 years ago and her car is an excellent example of loving and looking after a prized car we should all follow.

The link below from Adrian Flux shows how well known Margaret and her car are but maybe doesn't highlight as much as it should what a lovely person she indeed is.

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/forever-ca ... cal-capri/

Love you Margaret and thanks for all your support through my ups and downs.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:39 am I've got to say that Margaret has become a dear friend of mine since I joined the Surrey club just over 4 years ago and her car is an excellent example of loving and looking after a prized car we should all follow.

The link below from Adrian Flux shows how well known Margaret and her car are but maybe doesn't highlight as much as it should what a lovely person she indeed is.

Thanks for the link Paul, that's a great background story :D

Having a supply of spares is a great idea and something I think of myself but never get around to.

And the more people you know in Capri circles the better in my opinion :cheers:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Paul G wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:39 am The link below from Adrian Flux shows how well known Margaret and her car are but maybe doesn't highlight as much as it should what a lovely person she indeed is.
Great article! what an interesting read that is, Margaret and her can do have a great background story.
From what you told me at Brooklands, I knew that it was one car I definitely had to take the time to go and look at. Sadly, I didn't get the opportunity to chat to Margaret on the day, but I'm sure there will be another time.

Andrew.
Mk3 Mags
Car(s): 2.0 Laser (semi-retired)

Post by Mk3 Mags »

D366Y wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:57 am

Many thanks Danny.
Thanks Danny. That's a lovely picture. That's not my husband with me, by the way. One of our Club members asked if he could travel in my car so my husband had to come in the Focus (his legs are too long for the back seat)! :lol:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Mk3 Mags wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:44 am
D366Y wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:57 am

Many thanks Danny.
Thanks Danny. That's a lovely picture. That's not my husband with me, by the way. One of our Club members asked if he could travel in my car so my husband had to come in the Focus (his legs are too long for the back seat)! :lol:
Thought you had a 'Toy Boy' Mags :whistle: :lol:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

That is the most lovely, heart-warming, story I`ve read for such a long time. God bless you Margaret!
(And thanks Paul for posting.)
Mk3 Mags

Post by Mk3 Mags »

D366Y wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:57 am Thought you had a 'Toy Boy' Mags :whistle: :lol:
Oh, I have several. That's just one of them. :P
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Post by Brooksy »

What an endearing story Margaret. So pleased I got to meet you and your lovely Laser, that I've looked at many times in my Factory Original Capri book. It was lovely to hear you talk about your car on Sunday, with such affection. Even though we only spent a few minutes talking, it was clear to me that you are a lovely person and an inspiration to many people.

:ford: :woot:
Nige Image
Mk3 Mags

Post by Mk3 Mags »

Paul G wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:39 am I've got to say that Margaret has become a dear friend of mine since I joined the Surrey club just over 4 years ago and her car is an excellent example of loving and looking after a prized car we should all follow.

Paul, you made me blush and brought tears to my eyes.

But have you told everybody of the things you’ve done to help me – such as replacing my points, condenser and leads in the car park at a Club meeting one night, or turning up with some Plus Gas for me to borrow when you knew the mouldings would have to be removed from my car? Always thoughtful, always helpful, knowledgeable about cars and with the ability to put that knowledge into practice. A great asset to our Club.

The moment you walked in those 4 years ago I took to you because you talked to me as if I were one of the lads and I’ve appreciated your help and advice ever since.

I hope you all get a chance to meet Paul. He’s a lovely person to know.

And if you have any more ups and downs, Paul, I’m always here to listen and support. :heart:
atomic4
Car(s): Ford Capri V8 Twin turbo.
W reg black 3ltr S

Post by atomic4 »

Hi and welcome abord Magaret. So...........you're on here also now. About time too.

Will most definitely catch up when I'm next back in Blighty sometime next year.

Delboy.

:lowrider: :wave:
Mk3 Mags

Post by Mk3 Mags »

atomic4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:49 am Hi and welcome abord Magaret. So...........you're on here also now. About time too.

Will most definitely catch up when I'm next back in Blighty sometime next year.

Delboy.

:lowrider: :wave:
Well, blow me, fancy meeting you here. :o We must definitely meet up sometime. I've got such a lot to tell you.

Margaret
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

Can't echo Paul's words anymore. Mags is our club's best known and most colourful of all our club members, nearly 10 years I have known her since joining the club as an ordinary member. Always helpful, absorbs all knowledge & certainly holds her own against the boys in the club. Lovely car, lovely person. 'Nuff said.
Mk3 Mags

Post by Mk3 Mags »

2litreScapri wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:44 pm Can't echo Paul's words anymore. Mags is our club's best known and most colourful of all our club members, nearly 10 years I have known her since joining the club as an ordinary member. Always helpful, absorbs all knowledge & certainly holds her own against the boys in the club. Lovely car, lovely person. 'Nuff said.
Kris, you have a good team behind you now who are much better at organising things than I am but if you ever think I may be able to help you know where to find me.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

The same from me.
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

We haven't met Margaret but I've just read the article posted, and what a lovely tale! There must not be many Capris on the road now which are still on their first keeper.

It also shows how welcoming this crowd is to newcomers, irrespective of their background.
Mk3 Mags

Post by Mk3 Mags »

tejb1 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:27 am We haven't met Margaret but I've just read the article posted, and what a lovely tale! There must not be many Capris on the road now which are still on their first keeper.

It also shows how welcoming this crowd is to newcomers, irrespective of their background.
Glad you like my story tejb1. It is told exactly as it happened; no embellishments.

As for people being welcoming, it's not only this forum but wherever you go with a car like this. That's what I find so amazing about attending club meetings and events such as Brooklands. You get to meet people from all walks of life that you would never ordinarily have anything to do with and they're all so friendly. All part of life's rich pattern.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Not to feel left out I've just read the Adrian Flux article.

What a lovely story! Epitomises what these cars are all about and what they mean to us. They give us much more than 'just a car' ever could.

I enjoyed reading that.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Mk3 Mags wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:07 am For ages I’ve been meaning to register on this forum but somehow never got round to it. However, a chance encounter with Brooksy at Brooklands on Sunday made me think it was about time I took action. Otherwise how can I tell him I enjoyed our little chat and very much liked his car?

So, hello Brooksy. It was good to meet you and I love your car – almost identical to mine. (I’d already had a good nose around it before you introduced yourself.)

And hello to the rest of you. I’m sure many of you already know me and my car or have seen us somewhere. But if not my name is Margaret and I drive a 2-litre Laser.
Hello and welcome to the padded cell.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Mk3 Mags

Post by Mk3 Mags »

Major_Tom wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:08 pm Hello and welcome to the padded cell.
Thank you for your welcome Major Tom. I can think of much worse places to be!