Feeling better now

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Feeling better now

Post by Paul G »

Hi Guys

Just want to say thanks to all you who expressed concern following my wonky turn at Brooklands. I am feeling much better now. I went to the Doctor's yesterday and they did a quite thorough check up on me but couldn't find anything wrong, thank goodness. Just got to have a blood test now.

Can I express my special thanks to Andrew and John who helped me whilst I was really bad and I think I would have collapsed without their help and assistance. Thanks gents, I owe you one!

Paul.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Feeling better now

Post by andyd »

Hi Paul,
I wasn't aware you fell ill until I read it on here. The heat can cause issues so hopefully just put it down to the sunshine :)

Glad you are feeling better, was good to catch up with you at last.

:cheers:
Mk3 Mags
Car(s): 2.0 Laser (semi-retired)

Post by Mk3 Mags »

I'm so relieved to hear you're OK. When I saw you I was seriously worried. Perhaps the walk up to the banking didn't suit. It's quite a slog.

Hopefully I'll see you at Club meet this evening.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

So glad your ok Paul I know we was talking and I was helped from nick on the banking as it was steep . Also turned out it was quite hot .
It was only when we could not find John and Andrew we heard you was taken Unwell . So glad your ok mate .

We also lost young Dan and his dad but it was so busy ...
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:11 pm We also lost young Dan and his dad but it was so busy ...
Was so busy that I couldn't find anyone when we came to leave! Everyone had left or shuffled their cars around, Tom, Neil and Noel had all left or moved and we didn't have a clue where anyone was so apologies if it just seemed like we disappeared!

Great to meet everyone again though :)
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
andyd

Post by andyd »

D366Y wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:53 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:11 pm We also lost young Dan and his dad but it was so busy ...
Was so busy that I couldn't find anyone when we came to leave! Everyone had left or shuffled their cars around, Tom, Neil and Noel had all left or moved and we didn't have a clue where anyone was so apologies if it just seemed like we disappeared!

I think I saw you leaving, it was a shame we weren't parked together.

Nige only got in the forum area because I told the marshall there were at least 2 spaces there, by which time Neil, Andrew, Tom, yourself and a few others had already parked up elsewhere.

Apart from the queue to get in and the parking fiasco it was a good day.

Waved to 'Biscuit' as they were leaving but didn't get chance to speak during the day :(
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

D366Y wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:53 pm

Just say to your dad thank you for the tip on the lucky pants as they worked .... :cool:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Glad to hear you are OK Paul. The first I knew about you being there was that you had gone home unwell. Would have been nice to catch up but will have to be another time. Take care.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

Paul, so glad to hear that you're OK. Was concerned when John told us you had taken ill. I hope you had an enjoyable day otherwise, at least.

As to the parking, it was a little chaotic! After a while I moved down to opposite Jason and as time went on so did others. Contrary to allegations I did not set up a stand charging folk to go into the air raid shelter!

PS Danny I still have those seats in the back. Can drop off one Sunday if you're around as will be in your vauge direction (plus any excuse for a trip down the A roads of bucks whilst the summer still holds out).
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Paul,
It's great to hear that you are feeling better.What a relief!
Thank goodness that John was in the right place at the right time on the day to help you out.
The first aid crew at Brooklands also deserve some credit as they took good care of you.

I was hoping to catch up with you later on in the day, as we only had a brief chat.Hopefully there will be another opportunity before the 55th anniversary!

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Yes really pleased you are OK now Paul. By the sound of it you did scare a few prople mate but glad you had John and Andrew on hand to help. We met John in the canteen and he told us you had a bad turn. Was worried mate but John said you were seen to by the first aid there and you had a rest in your car for a bit. Glad I caught you just as you were leaving mate. Hope to catch up again soon Paul as we did not really have time to chat. Take care fella
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

tejb1 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:04 pm
PS Danny I still have those seats in the back. Can drop off one Sunday if you're around as will be in your vauge direction (plus any excuse for a trip down the A roads of bucks whilst the summer still holds out).
Cheers Tom, I've just dropped you a PM
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Glad to hear you're ok Paul & doc found nothing wrong. All the best and hope you have a speedy recovery :cheers:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Cheers Rob. Went to my doctor's on Tuesday and he did a full MOT on me. I've never known a routine doctor's appointment that lasted 50 minutes. He did everything including a heart trace, Blood pressure etc and couldn't find anything wrong.

Anyhow I was sent for a blood test and the next day the doc called to say that I was extremely low in vitamin D and folic acid. Looking up Folic acid deficency on Google showed a full list of all the symptoms I have been suffering recently including the feeling faint and week like happened to me at Brooklands. I'm now on high-dose repacement tables for these two and can already notice feeling a bit stronger and better.

Hope this puts me right and I'm confident it will.

Paul.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

That's great news and sounds very promising. All the best Paul.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Paul,
It's good to hear that you're well on the road to recovery and that the test found nothing serious.
It's surprising to think that a lack of one element of the daily dietary requirements can have such a major effect on the body.

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk3 Mags
Car(s): 2.0 Laser (semi-retired)

Post by Mk3 Mags »

Very glad to hear that nothing serious was found. You need to get out more Paul. It's sunshine you need (our only source of Vitamin D).
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

That’s good news it’s just tablets Paul that’s needed ,when you suffer with your back it’s a job and half to start the day then to sit out in the sun . :lol:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Glad all sorted Paul :cheers:

As we were discussing at Brooklands, when you are in Devon next maybe meet up here if you fancy it? https://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/restauran ... middlemoor Only 2 minutes from J30 M5.

:goodluck: