chromed Mk3 bumpers

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

chromed Mk3 bumpers

Post by Not_Anumber »

I shouldnt go to car shows they always give me ideas.

A Dunton last week I spotted a Mk3 with chromed (Mk3) bumpers.
It also had a custom made grille and the combination completely changed the look of the front of the car. Does anyone know the owner or have an idea of how the bumpers would have been made.
Not sure if they started life as a standard pair of bumpers that were stripped and chrome plated or if they were formed out of stainless steel as a one off. I think the look would work with an otherwise standard Mk3.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: chromed Mk3 bumpers

Post by Jasonmarie »

Not_Anumber wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:25 pm I shouldnt go to car shows they always give me ideas.

A Dunton last week I spotted a Mk3 with chromed (Mk3) bumpers.
It also had a custom made grille and the combination completely changed the look of the front of the car. Does anyone know the owner or have an idea of how the bumpers would have been made.
Not sure if they started life as a standard pair of bumpers that were stripped and chrome plated or if they were formed out of stainless steel as a one off. I think the look would work with an otherwise standard Mk3.
Yes I know what you mean and I am sure I saw the very same Capri at Dunton . Always a pre 80s look with chrome . Getting made I have only seen that type of thing done in USA car programmes but somebody must do that here at cost .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: