Capri's at the ACE 2019

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Wideboy
Car(s): 1978 3.0 Ghia made to look like an "S"

Capri's at the ACE 2019

Post by Wideboy »

Is this on.?
I emailed the contact address and haven't heard nothing back
There doesn't seem to have been much activity on the forums about it
And is there a list of attendees I can't remember if I put my name up

Thanks
Jeff
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: Capri's at the ACE 2019

Post by Paul G »

I don't think it's on this year because Kris and Calvin from the Surrey Club who organise it are extremely busy sorting out the Brooklands 50th anniversary meeting and to do the two would be a work overload.

I expect it will be on again next year.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes it’s on August the 3rd have a look on the Surrey Capri club I think all the spaces have gone .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I stand corrected, it seems it is on!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Wideboy wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:08 pm Is this on.?

Thanks
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Hope you are keeping well mate. Have you changed your forum name fella?? :)

I was just gonna post up re The Ace next Sat. Mate you must have missed my original post on the Events section a few months back.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=52969

Calvin also posted up on Facebook / Surrey Capri Club too about the same time with details of booking spaces via the email link he added. Last I heard back then spaces were filling up but contact Calvin Ware direct on Facebook mate to see if any spaces are left or if he already has you down. If any prob let me know and I can contact him to find out. Kris might know too. They usually have a few no shows on the day so you might still be OK to turn up and get in but not deffo on this. Let us know as we will be meeting up at South Mimms beforehand as usual. Hope to see you mate.

Cheers Jeff
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Paul G wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:19 am I stand corrected, it seems it is on!
:lol: Might see you there Paul.?? :)
Wideboy
Car(s): 1978 3.0 Ghia made to look like an "S"

Post by Wideboy »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:59 pm
Wideboy wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:08 pm Is this on.?

Thanks
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Hope you are keeping well mate. Have you changed your forum name fella?? :)

I was just gonna post up re The Ace next Sat. Mate you must have missed my original post on the Events section a few months back.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=52969

Calvin also posted up on Facebook / Surrey Capri Club too about the same time with details of booking spaces via the email link he added. Last I heard back then spaces were filling up but contact Calvin Ware direct on Facebook mate to see if any spaces are left or if he already has you down. If any prob let me know and I can contact him to find out. Kris might know too. They usually have a few no shows on the day so you might still be OK to turn up and get in but not deffo on this. Let us know as we will be meeting up at South Mimms beforehand as usual. Hope to see you mate.

Cheers Jeff
Hi Nick...My user names are different on various forums.... I have contacted Kris and he pointed me to the link on the Surrey Capri Club Page however had no response...I'm not sure if I signed up earlier in the year....If you know where the list is hidden can you have a look for me....What time you at South Mimms...I will probably just rock up whatever,but is always good to know if there is a space reserved in the car park...Cheers Jeff
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Wideboy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:59 pmHi Nick...My user names are different on various forums.... I have contacted Kris and he pointed me to the link on the Surrey Capri Club Page however had no response...I'm not sure if I signed up earlier in the year....If you know where the list is hidden can you have a look for me....What time you at South Mimms...I will probably just rock up whatever,but is always good to know if there is a space reserved in the car park...Cheers Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I have sent a message direct to Calvin on fb messenger to ask if you are on the list and if not to add you onto it. The last few years they always get no shows so yep worth rocking up there to see what the situ is fella. If you do fancy this then reckon we will be meeting at S. Mimms around 0930 with a view to leaving there no later than 1030 as checking on the cafes website we are booked into The Ace from 11am - 4pm Keep an eye here as will confirm these times during the week. Be great if you can make it Jeff.

All the best

Nick

Ps When I hear from Calvin I will let you know :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Wideboy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:59 pmI'm not sure if I signed up earlier in the year....If you know where the list is hidden can you have a look for me....What time you at South Mimms...I will probably just rock up whatever,but is always good to know if there is a space reserved in the car park...
Hi Jeff. Been onto Calvin mate and he has just sent you an email fella. You did register and you are on the list mate so all is good you know you are in the car park :)

Will post up confirmation of meet up at S. Mimms fella as am getting two start times. Reckon now on getting to The Ace for 10 am as per the Facebook Ace start time so would be wanting to leave S. Mimms no later than 0930 so anytime before then. Be good to have a bit of time for a coffee and chat before setting off. I know Jason will be aiming to get there about 0845 - 9am which is good for me. Tom is popping to mine for 0830 so only a 15min drive for us. As said will put up a post next couple of days mate so if anyone else is coming from the forum they know where we will be. Look forward to seeing you Sat Jeff :)
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

I honestly can't remember if I signed up again this year or not... either way I'll be there :)
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

D366Y wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:40 am I honestly can't remember if I signed up again this year or not... either way I'll be there :)
That’s great already to go , yes Dan I am sure you book the 3 capris in :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:24 am
D366Y wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:40 am I honestly can't remember if I signed up again this year or not... either way I'll be there :)
Jeepers at this rate it won't be called Capris at The Ace but instead will be Danny at The Ace :lol: :lol: :lol:

Danny send Calvin Ware a quick message on fb messenger to check if you are on the list but yep either way see you there mate. Looking forward to seeing your s/s exhaust mate :)
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:33 am
Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:24 am
Jeepers at this rate it won't be called Capris at The Ace but instead will be Danny at The Ace :lol: :lol: :lol:

Danny send Calvin Ware a quick message on fb messenger to check if you are on the list but yep either way see you there mate. Looking forward to seeing your s/s exhaust mate :)
Will do, cheers Nick
Got the manifold on obviously but haven't been able to get the rest of the S/S sorted yet - is booked in for the end of August so will be ready for Brooklands in Sept!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

D366Y wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:37 amGot the manifold on obviously but haven't been able to get the rest of the S/S sorted yet - is booked in for the end of August so will be ready for Brooklands in Sept!
It's the manifold I wanna see Danny. I have a thing about manifolds mate :wave: :lol:

Bet you can't wait to get the rest of it fitted mate. It's great for us Pinto owners thinking of getting a s/s system to be able to tap into your experience of getting one fitted with that company you chose to make it for you. Very keen to keep tabs on this mate as I would love one at some stage. Might be asking you a few questions re this on Sat fella :lol:

Nice one Danny
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:24 am
D366Y wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:37 amGot the manifold on obviously but haven't been able to get the rest of the S/S sorted yet - is booked in for the end of August so will be ready for Brooklands in Sept!
It's the manifold I wanna see Danny. I have a thing about manifolds mate :wave: :lol:

Bet you can't wait to get the rest of it fitted mate. It's great for us Pinto owners thinking of getting a s/s system to be able to tap into your experience of getting one fitted with that company you chose to make it for you. Very keen to keep tabs on this mate as I would love one at some stage. Might be asking you a few questions re this on Sat fella :lol:

Nice one Danny
Haha ask away!
Calvin has said he 'should be able to squeeze the second car in' guess that means I did one not the other - lucky I don't have 3!!! :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

D366Y wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:02 pmCalvin has said he 'should be able to squeeze the second car in' guess that means I did one not the other - lucky I don't have 3!!! :lol:
Nice one Danny. You did book then. But only one :lol:
See you Sat then mate