Ford Capri Laser Garage Banner

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Ford Capri Laser Garage Banner

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

So, a mate on fb posted a link to a company selling off the shelf ford garage banners. Indeed our Jason bought one showing a cut away drawing of a Capri which he showed me at Whitstable and it looked superb. The same company also listed a Ford Capri Laser Banner with a picture of a random Laser. I wanted to go one step further so I contacted them about seeing if they could customise it for me and this is the result. Received in the post and it looks stunning.!!!!! Well chuffed. :)

Imagewhere is the nearest gas station that is open

I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Re: Ford Capri Laser Garage Banner

Post by Stish704 »

Wow, that’s awesome! Put the link up!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Stish704 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:42 am Wow, that’s awesome! Put the link up!
Cheers Steve :) It's really great fella.!!

If anyone wants one then pop onto eBay and just type in Ford Capri Garage Banner and they all come up. Below are a couple of links to the Laser one I got for B112 and 2.8i one too. Check the other listings for other ones as there are other designs available from other companies . The seller I bought mine from with is called "purecanvascompany"" and they offer a customise service and offer a really quick service. You just send them the images or what you want done and if they can do it let them do the rest.

Below is link for the Laser Banner
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2958846412

Below the 2.8i
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2376293045

My customised one cost about £24 and they are very good quality too. Hope this helps.

All the best

Nick

Ps Steve I know the 80's and 90's Club you are in were talking recently of getting a banner made up.?? This company might be able to help. Give them images and a design brief and they might be able to knock one up for you.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

It's good that Nick, you must be very pleased.

By the way, if it helps, I came up with a way of hanging these types of banners in the garage with just one hook/fixing as opposed to having to use four, if you are interested just let me know.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:38 am It's good that Nick, you must be very pleased.

By the way, if it helps, I came up with a way of hanging these types of banners in the garage with just one hook/fixing as opposed to having to use four, if you are interested just let me know.
Hi Paul :wave:

Thanks mate. Yep be very interested to hear how you fix banners in this way with one fixing Paul. I have plans to just drill four holes to fit it. Thanks Paul :)
pbar

Post by pbar »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:53 am
pbar wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:38 am It's good that Nick, you must be very pleased.

Hi Paul :wave:

Thanks mate. Yep be very interested to hear how you fix banners in this way with one fixing Paul. I have plans to just drill four holes to fit it. Thanks Paul :)
No worries Nick, will take some pics and explain.
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:48 am
Stish704 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:42 am Wow, that’s awesome! Put the link up!
Cheers Steve :) It's really great fella.!!

If anyone wants one then pop onto eBay and just type in Ford Capri Garage Banner and they all come up. Below are a couple of links to the Laser one I got for B112 and 2.8i one too. Check the other listings for other ones as there are other designs available from other companies . The seller I bought mine from with is called "purecanvascompany"" and they offer a customise service and offer a really quick service. You just send them the images or what you want done and if they can do it let them do the rest.

Below is link for the Laser Banner
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2958846412

Below the 2.8i
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2376293045

My customised one cost about £24 and they are very good quality too. Hope this helps.

All the best

Nick

Ps Steve I know the 80's and 90's Club you are in were talking recently of getting a banner made up.?? This company might be able to help. Give them images and a design brief and they might be able to knock one up for you.
Awesome mate, will take a look! Will also check out one for the club.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Looking good there Nick I think Tom is getting but paying in spark plugs :lol:
It will look good in your bedroom mate :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:42 pmNo worries Nick, will take some pics and explain.
Thanks Paul :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Looks great, Nick! :D
They're very good value, considering the large size.
We look forward to seeing a photo of your banner in the garage.

Andrew.
pbar

Post by pbar »

It's not a great pic Nick, but in brief, I cut a strip of wood and drilled holes in it to line up with the holes in the banner, and cable tied it though the holes. I drilled small holes in this wood, to thread a wire though to hang it up with, a bit like a normal picture hanging wire. I also cut a strip of wood for the bottom of the banner, to keep in taught. Rather than damage it by pinning this wood to the banner I used spring clips which you can see in the pic (used these also on the top wood strip), these are actually off a clothes hanger, the type which you hang trousers with. And that's it you just hang the whole thing up like a picture. I actually hooked it over one of the metal brackets for the roof timber using another piece of wire (the Evel Knievel one is hung the same way), so I didn't have to drill any holes.

With your banner as it is longer and narrower, you could just cable tie it to a board and hang that up, or devise your own way. I just thought that the less holes to drill (and damage to the walls), the better.

Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:34 am It's not a great pic Nick, but in brief, I cut a strip of wood and drilled holes in it to line up with the holes in the banner, and cable tied it though the holes. I drilled small holes in this wood, to thread a wire though to hang it up with, a bit like a normal picture hanging wire. I also cut a strip of wood for the bottom of the banner, to keep in taught. Rather than damage it by pinning this wood to the banner I used spring clips which you can see in the pic (used these also on the top wood strip), these are actually off a clothes hanger, the type which you hang trousers with. And that's it you just hang the whole thing up like a picture. I actually hooked it over one of the metal brackets for the roof timber using another piece of wire (the Evel Knievel one is hung the same way), so I didn't have to drill any holes.

With your banner as it is longer and narrower, you could just cable tie it to a board and hang that up, or devise your own way. I just thought that the less holes to drill (and damage to the walls), the better.
Paul, thanks very much for taking the time to explain what you did. Very clever indeed mate. Will deffo keep this in mind when I decide to fit my banner. Thanks very much once again Paul :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I know Mr Tom has a spark plug bet with young Nick but it just had to be done as our bedroom wall is bare . :lol:
Really good and well made .
Attachments
4D6421E7-9CC2-48BE-98DA-90EFD90E5953.jpeg
CA6636EB-00D8-418B-823A-07C85BAD7339.jpeg
62199DA9-9824-4F67-B199-1C9E06176AC4.jpeg
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

:lol: Love it Jason. Looks stunning fella :) :)
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

pbar wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:34 am
It's not a great pic Nick, but in brief, I cut a strip of wood and drilled holes in it to line up with the holes in the banner, and cable tied it though the holes. I drilled small holes in this wood, to thread a wire though to hang it up with, a bit like a normal picture hanging wire. I also cut a strip of wood for the bottom of the banner, to keep in taught. Rather than damage it by pinning this wood to the banner I used spring clips which you can see in the pic (used these also on the top wood strip), these are actually off a clothes hanger, the type which you hang trousers with. And that's it you just hang the whole thing up like a picture. I actually hooked it over one of the metal brackets for the roof timber using another piece of wire (the Evel Knievel one is hung the same way), so I didn't have to drill any holes.

Good idea Paul, by the way, liking your Evel poster too :applaud: .
Nick, you may have started something here, looks good, want one :cheers:
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

One AP66FS it is!

(Written from my phone)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

tejb1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:06 pm One AP66FS it is!

(Written from my phone)
:lol: :lol: :lol: glad your phone is sorted sir . :lol: