Wipers

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Wipers

Post by Jasonmarie »

All just a quick question but should I change my wipers , so many of you would know that myself and young Nick were caught in this really really bad storm with rain for at least 1hr of driving about 50 miles I would say .
Now I change my wipers ever year but have never used them . How many miles should I get from them ?
Only asking as Nicks not had any sleep over the last few days , and has asked me to measure my rubber :lol:

Answers please ladies and gents :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Wipers

Post by andyd »

Personally I would only change them when they don't clear the screen properly.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

There`s not really a time scale, just use them `till they become smeary and don`t clear the screen properly. Mine usually last for a few years - and I`m in Manchester. I`m sure they won`t be worn out after an hours rain. :xd: Or am I missing something? Apart from Nick`s rubber.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

stevemarl wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:08 pm There`s not really a time scale, just use them `till they become smeary and don`t clear the screen properly. Mine usually last for a few years - and I`m in Manchester. I`m sure they won`t be worn out after an hours rain. :xd: Or am I missing something? Apart from Nick`s rubber.
My old girl has been lucky and I knew it would happen but have been lucky that I have not driven her in the rain and when she was stored she never got wet .
So it was a moment of using the wipers for the very first time :lol:

So at least I was with 3 other capris when she got wet .

Funny thing is I needed new wipers for our bus and after going on to order I ended up putting Capri wipers in the cart instead of wipers for our bus . So ended up with a spare set at this rate should last me 20 years :lol:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Jasonmarie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:16 pm
stevemarl wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:08 pm There`s not really a time scale, just use them `till they become smeary and don`t clear the screen properly. Mine usually last for a few years - and I`m in Manchester. I`m sure they won`t be worn out after an hours rain. :xd: Or am I missing something? Apart from Nick`s rubber.
My old girl has been lucky and I knew it would happen but have been lucky that I have not driven her in the rain and when she was stored she never got wet .

Funny thing is I needed new wipers for our bus and after going on to order I ended up putting Capri wipers in the cart instead of wipers for our bus . So ended up with a spare set at this rate should last me 20 years :lol:
Jason, I spotted this new flexible wiper and thought of you

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=zoJ0_1563291879
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Peter-S wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:27 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:16 pm

Jason, I spotted this new flexible wiper and thought of you

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=zoJ0_1563291879
:lol: :lol: :applaud:
All that’s one thing I would try my best to run away at :lol: