Has anyone else noticed that Euro Car Parts...

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Has anyone else noticed that Euro Car Parts...

Post by Major_Tom »

..aren't as good as they were a few years ago? Ordered some belts for a MK1 MX5 last month... put the whole job back 24 hours as they were BOTH wrong. Then Daisy ordered some shoes for her Capri off her reg and they sent 2.0 ones instead of 1.6 ones. As some head bashing was going on, I overheard my mate on the phone to them having been sent the wrong shoes for an 8-year old Honda! Or is it just the Cambridge branch?
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Has anyone else noticed that Euro Car Parts...

Post by pbar »

I've found that using the CarParts4Less site is much better, usually far cheaper on most everything, yet it appears to be pretty much the same suppliers.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Good to know thanks. Strange that isn't it.. youd have thought what with everything being the same..... everything would be the same.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

I recently was looking for something and it was £29 at EurocarParts but only £19 at Car Parts4less. It`s the same company, slightly different colour scheme on website but the same address and they even come in ECP packaging. Possibly ECP just MAY have a slightly wider range of stock, but even so.
Of course ECP do have a huge number of physical stores to pay for so I guess they`re trying to entice people to a purely online system - get rid of those pesky employees with their wages and sick-pay?
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

They definitely aren't what I'd call good. There's a branch at the end of my road, which I've been in bout 4 or 5 times.

Most recently, I needed a short length of rubber hose to connect to the PCV valve. They can't possibly do that wrong can they? Generic rubber hose, cut to length. Easy.
Went into the shop, waited about 10 minutes to be seen, before being told "Oh, we don't stock hoses bruv" because "there's so many different ones innit, try a main dealer yeah?".

I sighed and got the bus up to the small motor factors a way away who produced one in about 30 seconds.

As I left eurocraparts I noticed a sign asking that their delivery drivers ceased using the neighbours garden as a lavatory, since complaints had been received. Just about says it all!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I've never had any problems with any of the Euro Car Parts branches I've used. As said, it's cheaper to buy online from their sister site though.

Andrew.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

tejb1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:38 pm
As I left eurocraparts I noticed a sign asking that their delivery drivers ceased using the neighbours garden as a lavatory, since complaints had been received. Just about says it all!
I thought I`d seen it all with football supporters literally squatting down and shitting on my back gate. :roll: :roll: :roll:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:15 pm
I thought I`d seen it all with football supporters literally squatting down and shitting on my back gate. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I would be out there with a bucket of watered down bleach and throw it over their ass :cheers:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

You never see tham Andy, they find the dark corners no-one can see. Some also have a quickey in the car before the journey home as we also find condoms hanging from the bramble. Lovely! Can`t wait for next season.
(They`re very considerate parking too, there are actually 4 garages there - behind all the cars)
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Nightmare Steve :doh:

I wonder how they would react if someone did the same in their area :roll:
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

andyd wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:23 pm
stevemarl wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:15 pm
I would be out there with a bucket of watered down bleach and throw it over their ass :cheers:
Do you mean "arse" my good man? Or was it an Irish traveller?