Video of the new Capri book

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri author, ex Ford designer and two times Tickford owner.

Video of the new Capri book

Post by Steve Saxty »

I've finished - and that's it, no more Capri books.

I'm really pleased with it and signed off on it today - now it's weeks away from printing.

I thought you might like a look - so here are a few sample pages, what do you think? It's a lovely sister book to The Cars You Always Promised Yourself. As I mentioned you can buy them at a bundled price, saving £15-25 when you get them as an Anniversary Set. https://www.stevesaxty.com/capri50-details

Take a look at the video here.https://video.wixstatic.com/video/d0b2f ... 4/file.mp4

Image - Let me know what you think!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Video of the new Capri book

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Steve.

First up, Congratulations on signing the book off today. Must be a great relief for you after so much work involved in getting it to this stage. :applaud: :applaud:

Just looked at the video mate. Wow.!! It looks a mighty stunning book mate but no surprise there! Really looking forward to pre-ordering my copy now and getting hold of a copy. This is gonna be one very very special Capri book indeed sir.!!

All the best

Nick

Ps Me and Jason will fund your next book Steve if you get bored in retirement.... " The Pinto. The Engine you always Promised Yourself" :wave: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
T.M.
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection (1984)

Post by T.M. »

I'm looking forward too!!! :)

Tom
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:09 pm

Just looked at the video mate. Wow.!! It looks a mighty stunning book mate but no surprise there! Really looking forward to pre-ordering my copy now and getting hold of a copy. This is gonna be one very very special Capri book indeed sir.!!
Thank you! I hope everyone likes it. The idea started out as a sister book to The Cars You Always Promised Yourself for people to cherish as a set. I was with a bunch of readers at the weekend and I was pleased that agreed is very much its own thing. There won't be many and most sold with the bigger Capri book but now it has Ford's official blessing (and logo on the cover) I guess it will be the one people want!
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Personally I would prefer this book to the previous one, a Capri book being far more appealing (to me). Depending on cost.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Name is already down for one , and as Nick said looking forward to the next one :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

pbar wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:02 am Personally I would prefer this book to the previous one, a Capri book being far more appealing (to me). Depending on cost.
If I were more cynical I'd rewrap The Cars You Always..... with a Capri cover! It's still the larger of the two in terms of Capri content in words and pictures - albeit a bigger and more expensive book. Horses for courses, of course... https://www.stevesaxty.com/book-comparison