New book's nearly ready!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri author, ex Ford designer and two times Tickford owner.

New book's nearly ready!

Post by Steve Saxty »

Hopefully, that caught your eye, the new book is weeks away and nearly (but not quite ready to order. Here's how it's going to work. As you'll see there is a Collector's and Standard Edition of Capri 50, just like The Cars You Always... . The Collector's Ed of the new book has a slipcase, it's numbered and signed by Rod Mansfield and me and there is an optional poster too. The first 100 Collector's Eds will also get the £9.50 poster thrown in for free.

How do you get a copy?
  • I'll be along at several events this year and you can buy one then
  • The Capri Owners Club will have copies - but be warned it's already 55% sold out by expressions of interest
  • The Anniversary Set bundles are the best-value options: if you get an early Collector's Ed Boxed Set you'll get £25 off and a £9.50 poster free. The Standard edition bundle is £15 off - which means that since TCAPY is two books in length you get three books'-worth over reading for around £18 each - with not an advert or rehashed piece of material in sight!
If you've got TCAPY then get on the list here https://www.stevesaxty.com/capri50-register
If you want to reserve a bundled Anniversary Set then click here https://www.stevesaxty.com/best-value-bundle

There, now I really must finish!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: New book's nearly ready!

Post by Jasonmarie »

Name down for this already . Great 50th birthday present for the Capri :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

Jasonmarie wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:30 pm Name down for this already . Great 50th birthday present for the Capri :beer:
It's part of Ford's birthday present too - take a close look... It's the first unveiling of Ford's official Capri 50th logo (I was keeping it quiet)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Steve Saxty wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:25 am
Jasonmarie wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:30 pm Name down for this already . Great 50th birthday present for the Capri :beer:
It's part of Ford's birthday present too - take a close look... It's the first unveiling of Ford's official Capri 50th logo (I was keeping it quiet)
I never new it was ford I thought it was your design . Love it with the 1969-2019 50 years , and 50 years ago a ford capri pick me up as a new born and took me home . Why has 50 years gone .
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

Jasonmarie wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:15 am
Steve Saxty wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:25 am
I never new it was ford I thought it was your design . Love it with the 1969-2019 50 years , and 50 years ago a ford capri pick me up as a new born and took me home . Why has 50 years gone .
It's not yet out there but this will be Ford's official logo that's used at the Wraley and Dunton events. There's also a whole suite of things proposed for Capri enthusiasts which may or may not happen - but Ford is on it. I was delighted that they proposed my book be part of the official celebrations.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Just had a text from the naked man on the beach in fowey with his cream tea that Steve’s new book is out to buy those of us who bought the last one should have a email .
The first 50 get a free poster and Pinto Nicks rhubarb pie recipe :beer:
Attachments
6FD3CC62-9F87-4EA9-9299-0B18B9410C14.jpeg
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I've ordered a collector's edition. Looking forward to receiving that secretive family recipe, handed down through generations of Bowlers! :D

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Jasonmarie wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:23 pm Just had a text from the naked man on the beach in fowey with his cream tea that Steve’s new book is out to buy
:wave: :wave: :wave:... :lol:
Jasonmarie wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:23 pmThe first 50 get a free poster and Pinto Nicks rhubarb pie recipe :beer:
:shock: :shock: Think I need a bigger oven :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:28 pmLooking forward to receiving that secretive family recipe, handed down through generations of Bowlers! :D
Yes Siree.!!!! :wave:

I will be signing the first 50 pies and have got Steve to agree to sign them too :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:46 pm
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:28 pmLooking forward to receiving that secretive family recipe, handed down through generations of Bowlers! :D
Yes Siree.!!!! :wave:

I will be signing the first 50 pies and have got Steve to agree to sign them too :lol:
I do believe Steve will be doing a special talk about pies and the famous Laser Capri at Brooklands on the 8th September .
This time next year Mr Nick I can see your pie shops in every town in the U.K. .

Andrew I am not going to read mine till August so no reviews yet :cool: .
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

Rather oddly I envy you lot reading it for the first time. It's good to know it's on the presses Friday. For those attending the events at Warley, Gaydon and, a week later, Silverstone then come say hello.

I should even have the new book with me.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Ordered. Im still only half way through the last one.
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

Not_Anumber wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:18 pm Ordered. Im still only half way through the last one.
I promise not to write any more Capri books - so the two should keep you going a while yet I hope.
Pas28i
Car(s): 06 Polo 1.4s (new daily driver), mk2 Golf Gti (was my daily), and 2.8injection Special (awaiting recommissioning)

Post by Pas28i »

Ordered mine, especially having the Paris Blue on the cover!