Help! Take a look at the Capri timeline

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri author, ex Ford designer and two times Tickford owner.

Re: Help! Take a look at the Capri timeline

Post by Steve Saxty »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:33 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:23 pm I thought you had a chalk board back then :lol:
Papyrus and a quill, actually! :lol:

I should say that the Illustrations are brilliant, and the artist is very talented. These pictures have definitely whetted my appetite for the book.

Andrew.
TBH he's really cheap at that price, I'd typically have to pay around £5-10,000 for these when I was client-side. The artwork of the cover is stunning and I think I'll get some posters done. He only does cars, sits in Paris and gets wonderfully huffy when I make detail changes but the work he did for the Collector's Edition of The Cars You Always... was fantastic so wanted to use him again. I'm glad everyone here likes it. And if anyone has that odd £1,800 I'll get him to do a Laser for you!
Pas28i
Car(s): 06 Polo 1.4s (new daily driver), mk2 Golf Gti (was my daily), and 2.8injection Special (awaiting recommissioning)

Post by Pas28i »

The red injection looks too much like the special; I’d change the wheels and alter the injection stripe to the early version where the top coach line continues over the lettering.
Otherwise lovely poster!
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

As far as I can remember the Laser actually started life as a limited edition model and was adapted later in 1984 to be the mainstream 4 cylinder model.

Regarding the MK2 S, the S became a mainstream model in early 1976 with no front spoiler, the gold seat centre material and the earlier right hand indiacator stalk with the lights and wiper switches on the dashboard. The later S models with the cadiz seat trim, front spoiler, Ghia style Alloys and later stalk layout came in in late 76/ very early 77.

My own Laser is a very early one built May 84 and the 2.0S that I had back in1980 when it was 3 years old was the later type with the spoiler etc.
Pas28i
Car(s): 06 Polo 1.4s (new daily driver), mk2 Golf Gti (was my daily), and 2.8injection Special (awaiting recommissioning)

Post by Pas28i »

I’m sure the earliest laser I saw was A reg and in champagne gold!
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

Pas28i wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:13 pm The red injection looks too much like the special; I’d change the wheels and alter the injection stripe to the early version where the top coach line continues over the lettering.
Otherwise lovely poster!
Yup, as I mentioned the Injection will be on pepperpots. Glad you like it!
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Steve Saxty wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:45 pm
TBH he's really cheap at that price
£1800 for a little drawing of a car. Is it really worth it?
Last edited by pbar on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

You`ve a PM Paul.
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

pbar wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:07 am
Steve Saxty wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:45 pm
TBH he's really cheap at that price
£1800 for a little drawing of a car. Is it really worth it?
It absolutely wouldn't be worth it you're right if it were used just for the timeline. But they will be used as high res double-page spreads in the book with each car annotated by Ford's designers. and then, elsewhere within it up front something like this mockup spread in the opening pages....