Ronin

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Ronin

Post by Paul G »

Stayed up late last night to watch a re-run of Ronin on ITV3. One of my favorite films and IMHO the best car chase (s) of any film.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Ronin

Post by andyd »

Have you seen the original 1974 Gone In 60 Seconds?

Mustang Mach 1 (Elenor) and over 30 minute car chase scenes with many cars wrecked.

There are a couple of Capris and Mk1 Cortinas in the film too :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Never even heard of this film, but just watched the chase on YouTube. Brilliant! :D

As a rule, chases in new (ish) films don't compare with those from classic films, but this one bucks the trend.

Andrew.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Which chase did you watch? There were two - an Audi chasing a Citroen XM through the backstreets of Nice and the Paris chase. On balance I think the Nice chase was the best IMHO.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Paul G wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:32 am Which chase did you watch? There were two - an Audi chasing a Citroen XM through the backstreets of Nice and the Paris chase. On balance I think the Nice chase was the best IMHO.
I must have watched the chase through Paris with a Peugeot chasing a lady driving a BMW. That was good enough, but if there is an even better one in the film I'll check that out too.

Andrew.