brexit

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: brexit

Post by stevemarl »

Andy.
I wish i still had the Viva. Sad thing is, not long after it was scrapped, an old lady down the road who`d always told me when they gave up driving I could have the garage, her husband died so I got a large garage in which I could have restored the Capri at my leisure. Just the way it goes. :(
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Did somebody say Viva ? Is that our Viva Andrew ? :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Trump, do I trust him? No. Why? Well instinct. Do I like him? Truth is I don't know him. Does he deserve to be president? Yes. Why? because he was democratically elected. Is he a good president? As good as anyone else has been and better than Obama - so far. Should he have a state visit? I don't really care, he has and that's that. I don't have a reason why not. We should stay close to the US. We have had a far better relationship with the States then EU.

Should we leave the EU? Yes. Why? Because democracy should be upheld. Whether you, I or anyone suspects people did not know what they were voting for could be true however the question was a simple one and who am I or is anyone else for thar matter placed right to question a vote? That's why it's a secret ballot and that's why democracy has served us well. To me May should never have been in power, its like asking the Russians to build Wembley, never going to work however she was voted in (by her party not the electorate mind.) Now forced out thank god. Biggest waster ever to grace power. So stubborn, like a child when you watched them do something right in front of you then try and deny it. Corbyn complete idiot, has ideals but in truth is inept and lacks competence, again a stubborn idiot like May. Vince Cable and the Greens, not Democrats and should ALL leave the house SNP? Should be hung drawn and quartered.

Irish boarder, nobody wants it so it won't happen. Sooner we have a brexitier in charge and the house do right by democratic will, the same will that voted them in the better. Anyone not willing to support Brexit when thier constituents did should leave and force a local election.

On the subject of Ford Capris though. To say it was the 50th at Classic Ford I thought the venue was poor and the weather didn't help.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

stevemarl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:43 pm how do I make the image fill the page
This should be a sticky really it's been posted that much -

This assumes you have a pic on your computer (for example on your desktop) already -

1. Go to https://postimages.org/ (you do not have to be a member or login)
2. Click Choose Images
3. Browse to the pic you wish to use and double click it (or click once and click Open)
4. Copy the Direct Link in the list (i.e. click the symbol on the right or highlight it and press Control-c)
5. Open up a new message window on here (as if to type your reply/new message, or whatever, as you normally would)
6. Type your message and when done click the Img button and then press Control-v (this will paste the link you previously copied in step 4)
7. Press Preview to see how it will look or Submit, and you're done.

(But you may notice Steve that your smaller pic which you posted does go full size when you click on it to view.)
pbar

Post by pbar »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:38 pm Home spraying is an area I'd like to get into
You may wish to consider the Aldi compressors when they reappear Andrew, I think it is an excellent product, gets good reviews on other car/repair forums and usually comes with all kinds of attachments including car paint spraying.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-2-5-hp- ... 3223920500
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

stevemarl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:24 pm I ask because for small repairs you really can`t beat an air-brush.
Interesting point that I hadn't thought about. I'm a complete novice here, presumable I'd need a small compressor too? Any recommendations on the sort of performance required for the job? Thanks.

Andrew.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

pbar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:16 am

Been top of the rant and rave page for a while now

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33174
pbar

Post by pbar »

Admin wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:30 am
pbar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:16 am

Been top of the rant and rave page for a while now

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33174

Thanks Peter, that's great. I hadn't noticed as it says the last post on there was done in 2009, yet I wrote that how-to just a few months ago.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:25 am , presumable I'd need a small compressor too? Any recommendations on the sort of performance required for the job? Thanks.

Andrew.
No, not at all. THey`re usually run off a disposable gas bottle as in pic. You can get small (4" x 6") compressors if you were using one all day, but TBH the bottles are so easy to use, no power etc, they`re all most would need. A
DSC01089.JPG
The pattern is adjustable from this, which would be used an inch or 2 away from surface to give a pencil line (will go much finer but the camera won`t pick it up:
DSC01088.JPG
to this which is more like a very fine aerosol:
DSC01086.JPG
They`re really good for eg, the Capri`s wheel arches, where you have a small radius curve going around the arch, a small blemish can be painted out invisibly even in metallic as the curve hides the metallic `anomalies`. Edges of doors, corners of panels, small jobs they`re perfect for.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Great pics and info Steve.

Very popular in the world of modelling. (As in Airfix not Page 3)
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

+1 for that Aldi compressor. excellent value. I got one on recommendation I'd seen on here and though ive not used it for painting any panels as yet I have given it some fairly heavy use spraying lots of damp/ woodworm treatment on a house i was doing up. A really good compressor.

About 20 years ago I used a small airbrush to paint a car's front panel and valance out in the open and was pleasantly surprised at how well it went. Really smooth and it hardly needed any polishing.

I'd sucessfully used it before on a motorbike tank and panels so had already learned to use the optional larger paint jar to avoid running out of paint every few seconds and I also borrowed a small tank less compressor to save costs on the relatively expensive compressed air aerosol cans. Otherwise it was just an average unmodified off the shelf DIY/ hobbyist airbrush. I should really buy another one as theres nothing better for stonechips.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

pbar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:58 am Great pics and info Steve.

Very popular in the world of modelling. (As in Airfix not Page 3)
Yes I can imagine, there are so many techniques if you`ve got the time to master it. Also used a lot on the American customising scene, pictures on bonnets etc, some incredible skills there - but they`re artists 1st who just happen to use that medium. I had a really nice book about airbrushing , that`l be in a box somewhere. :?

In an earlier post which I can`t edit:
"her husband died so I got a large garage in which I could have restored the Capri at my leisure. Just the way it goes. :( "
Should`ve read Viva not Capri.

Oh, and thanks Paul, Peter for image advice.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

stevemarl wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:25 pm Oh, and thanks Paul, Peter for image advice.
Steve, you may have realised but if you click on the small picture embedded in your posts you will get a larger version pop up.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Yes thanks Peter.