heard it all now....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: heard it all now....

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:24 am People like to talk, to express their opinions - if for nothing else than it stops them feeling like they`re the `only fascist in the village.`
Don`t forget, all this LGBTQ+, gender-neutral crap came about because a tiny, tiny proportion of the population spent their entire lives shouting very, very loudly about what a terrible oppressed state they were in (go to Syria?). So we end up with gender neutral dolls, banning of gender specific titles . Most people don`t really care one way or the other - which is as it should be - but their acquiescence has allowed these weird gender/ race/ fascists to achieve change out of all proportion to their demographic size. I don`t care AT ALL if someone is Gay/trans whatever, I do NOT care what my neighbour does, it`s nowt to do with me, we just get on with our lives. But having it thrust into the mainstream (censoring language, relationship classes in primary schools etc) is for many people going too far and they need to voice thier concerns. Rightly. I know this is just a car forum - but it`s through exchange of ideas such as this, the acorns if you like, that the general concensus gathers momentum. If everyone just `shuts the f*** up and buries their head then there are no limits to the lengths these people will go to establish `their` world. They`re half way there now.
Then again I could be talking shit soI`ll just shut up.
FFS Steve what a load of :turd: :lol:

You are right on the money imo!
I don't like being told what to think or what is acceptable, and I will have my own opinions on things which I keep to myself most of the time :cheers:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

pbar wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:55 am
Jasonmarie wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:30 am

That’s one of the best lines I have heard and so true , think we may have to make you the forum guru sir ......
Thank you Jason :) Can I be a Metal Guru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUqAGoPtfto
:applaud: They don’t make songs like that anymore :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:28 am
Peter-S wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:54 am I see that Fireman Sam has been banned from Brigade promo material for being too male so ... :roll:
It seems that this is the way the kid's stuff is going these days as everything strives to be "inclusive".
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ls-release
It's a toy for children! Are phrases like "positive impact of inclusivity", "doll line free of labels" and "encourage people to think more broadly about how all kids can benefit from doll play" over-analysing the situation?
I fear for what might happen to Action Man in the future though!

Andrew.
Andrew how dare you!
It's Action-Person!! :lol:

You can't just go assuming his gender now :lol: :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

D366Y wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:15 am
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:28 am
Peter-S wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:54 am I see that Fireman Sam has been banned from Brigade promo material for being too male so ... :roll:
It seems that this is the way the kid's stuff is going these days as everything strives to be "inclusive".
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ls-release
It's a toy for children! Are phrases like "positive impact of inclusivity", "doll line free of labels" and "encourage people to think more broadly about how all kids can benefit from doll play" over-analysing the situation?
I fear for what might happen to Action Man in the future though!

Andrew.
Andrew how dare you!
It's Action-Person!! :lol:

You can't just go assuming his gender now :lol: :lol:
Come on Andrew, keep up with the genderisms :roll:

I'm upset now, need my Safe Space :crying:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

D366Y wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:15 am you can't just go assuming his gender now :lol: :lol:
You just did! :D
Actually, I think a doll modelled on an ambiguous gender action person / athlete with both male and female attributes, where it is almost impossible to determine the sex, could be a big seller.
Now, where would they find somebody to model it on? :whistle:

Andrew.

If national treasure Fatima owns a Capri and is on this forum, no offence intended. :)
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:59 pm
If Fatima owns a Capri and is on this forum, no offence intended. :)
It won't be the first time she has heard it I'm sure!

But hang on a minute - if Fatima doesn't own a Capri then you are happy for her to be offended? :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

pbar wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:04 pm But hang on a minute - if Fatima doesn't own a Capri then you are happy for her to be offended? :)
I'm sure she won't be offended by an immature man's poor attempt at humour.

Andrew.