Beach Bum

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Beach Bum

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Enjoyed a day at the beach for bank holiday last Monday & spotted this in the car park. Shows you don’t need a VW Bus to go surfing :)

Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Beach Bum

Post by Jasonmarie »

Love it that is a strange mk1 Capri as I guess it’s a USA Capri with them rear lights . I do like them mk1 capris I could quite easy own that blue one we saw at CCI .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Nice spot, Rob.
The car was only registered in the UK last year, so it has been imported. I like the custom rear light treatment, but I don't recognise what car they are from. Probably not an American car though as the light cluster has orange lenses for the indicators.
I doubt the Capri came from the USA because it doesn't have the required side marker lights and federal standard headlights and bumpers. Although there is a chance these may have been removed and replaced with euro standard items.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Nice car, and good colour :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:39 pm Nice spot, Rob.
The car was only registered in the UK last year, so it has been imported. I like the custom rear light treatment, but I don't recognise what car they are from. Probably not an American car though as the light cluster has orange lenses for the indicators.
I doubt the Capri came from the USA because it doesn't have the required side marker lights and federal standard headlights and bumpers. Although there is a chance these may have been removed and replaced with euro standard items.

Andrew.
Andrew your right it must be a Aussie Capri it’s steering wheel is on the right side , never noticed that at first .
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:00 pm Andrew your right it must be a Aussie Capri it’s steering wheel is on the right side , never noticed that at first .
I was too busy looking at the lights I didn't notice the steering wheel! :doh: :lol:

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:09 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:00 pm Andrew your right it must be a Aussie Capri it’s steering wheel is on the right side , never noticed that at first .
I was too busy looking at the lights I didn't notice the steering wheel! :doh: :lol:

Andrew.
:lol: I did the same thing as the rear lights stand out as different also at first I was thinking it’s a MK2 . :doh:
It’s sunday mate :cool:
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:09 pm

Andrew.
I agree it probably is an Aussie import.. Quite like those deep dish rostyle wheels also. No idea what those lights are off, they look sort of Lincoln in design, answers on a post card please..
Good looking mk1 though & in great condition.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Nice spot Rob.

What about an import from S Africa?
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Peter-S wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:29 pm Nice spot Rob.

What about an import from S Africa?
Could very well be, may account for its excellent bodywork as it’s obviously enjoyed rather than pampered. Can’t see someone restoring it then heading out to the surf with it. Nice way to carry your board though.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Looks like a flat bonnet. Pre facelift ?