Classic Ford Show - Mallory Park

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Classic Ford Show - Mallory Park

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Anyone else from here going on Sunday. I got B112 booked into the Individual Display Area. New venue this year. Be very strange not turning off the M1 for Santa Pod !! I hope to be there so if anyone sees me please come say hi :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Classic Ford Show - Mallory Park

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:25 pm if anyone sees me please come say hi :)
I'm not going, so I'll say hi to you now …..Hi! :lol:
I hope you have a great day, I'm sure your stunning Capri will attract loads of attention, and rightly so.

Did you go to the Enfield Veteran Vehicle Trust show last weekend? I saw some photos on Flickr, it looked like a brilliant show.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Have a good one nick with that stunnng Capri , weather looks really hot for the weekend so use your John Lennon hat mate .
:beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:31 pm
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:25 pm if anyone sees me please come say hi :)
I'm not going, so I'll say hi to you now …..Hi! :lol:
I hope you have a great day, I'm sure your stunning Capri will attract loads of attention, and rightly so.

Did you go to the Enfield Veteran Vehicle Trust show last weekend? I saw some photos on Flickr, it looked like a brilliant show.

Andrew.
:wave: Andrew. Thanks fella :lol: :lol:

Yrp I am 90% sure I am going. Weather looks great too. Its a great show this with a really great ford jumble. I did not manage to get up to the Enfield Pageant last Sun/Mon in the end. Was planning to go Mon but did not in the end. Its a nice little show. B112 is all set for Sun hopefully !! As said its a new venue. Never been to Mallory Park Circuit so wil get there extra early in case its like bleedin Ford Fair at Silverstone which is a nightmare to get into if you go early. Cheers mate
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:27 pm Have a good one nick with that stunnng Capri , weather looks really hot for the weekend so use your John Lennon hat mate .
Thanks Jason. Weather gonna be 21 on Sun which is perfect. Thankfully Sat is the heatwave day. I dont cope well in really hot weather. Yes Sir, I have my sunglasses and hat at the ready. Can I borrow your Dads guitar mate :guitar: :wave: :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:41 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:27 pm Have a good one nick with that stunnng Capri , weather looks really hot for the weekend so use your John Lennon hat mate .
Thanks Jason. Weather gonna be 21 on Sun which is perfect. Thankfully Sat is the heatwave day. I dont cope well in really hot weather. Yes Sir, I have my sunglasses and hat at the ready. Can I borrow your Dads guitar mate :guitar: :wave: :lol:
Yes I think the old man is playing at a lady boys concert this weekend :lol:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Have a good day Nick, currently the weather looks ok until 3pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2645306

Remember to take the Britemax :wave:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Ahh chaps I am gutted as something has come up so looks very unlikely I will get up to Classic Ford after all :( Gonna try not get too depressed but its just one of those things cant be helped. Was looking forward to seeing the new venue too. Ah well as the song goes... always look on the bright side of life..........
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:12 pm something has come up so looks very unlikely I will get up to Classic Ford after all
Sorry to hear that Nick, I hope everything is alright.

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:21 pmSorry to hear that Nick, I hope everything is alright.
Thanks very much Andrew. Yep everything is alright mate. Thanks for asking :) Shame I cant make it but looking at the weather now forecast maybe a blessing in disguise :lol: I was reallly looking forward to it too. Ah well. Cheers :)
andyd

Post by andyd »

There are a few negative reviews on Capri World, so maybe just as well you didn't go Nick!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Just seen that Andy as they were all parked in a dust bowel and then it rained , also no loos or dancing girls . Look like you did the right thing nick .
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Yes chaps, the reviews on Mallory Park as a venue are pretty luke warm at best. Santa Pod was always gonna be a very hard act to follow as its prob the best venue in the country for a car show like Classic Ford. Yes, Chris was not very impressed where their Capris were told to park. Seemingly as you said Jason it was a bleedin dust bowl !! I heard there was some pretty bad downpours too so yep looks like I did not miss out too much with the new venue. I just hope it returns to Santa Pod next year.
andyd

Post by andyd »

I did Santa Pod some years ago and I found it a good site for this event.
We can't change the weather, and if I'm that bothered about a wet forecast then I stay home.
Bad organising on the other hand is a problem! With some of these big events, once the money is paid no one really cares...Pity as it's a big year for the Capri and some Anglia models, that might be remembered for the wrong reasons :(

Imo a good run smaller show is always best :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:37 pm Bad organising on the other hand is a problem!
:agree:
Bad organisation can turn what should be a good show into a poor experience. I've been to car shows where the organisers don't even provide any toilets. That's fine if you're a visitor and you're only there for an hour or so, but what about exhibitors who are there all day? Poor traffic control is another area where organisers fall short. Then there's the issue of allowing dogs onto site..... :lol:

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:57 pm Then there's the issue of allowing dogs onto site..... :lol:

Andrew.
You won't let me forget Andrew :nopity: :)

Or you get shows that want payment in advance, all your details and inside leg measurements, then stand around with their health and safety paperwork until bang on entry time :?
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I have all that covered now with a wee bottle & laser the blow up dog .
I did enjoy the CCI show because we all discovered a woman was in the middle one that helped you shake it :lmao: