Scammers on eBay

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Scammers on eBay

Post by Mr B »

I see the scammers on eBay have really upped their game, eBay don't seem to be able to get the dodgy adverts down quick enough before another load appear, surely no one fall's for this crap?

Mr B
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Scammers on eBay

Post by andyd »

Mr B wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:56 pm I see the scammers on eBay have really upped their game, eBay don't seem to be able to get the dodgy adverts down quick enough before another load appear, surely no one fall's for this crap?

Mr B
I have seen bids on some of these ads. Scary that people believe them, unless they are false bids?

Ebay remove them fairly quickly now, but it would seem like a full time job not occasional.
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

Hi Andy,

I think they must be false bids as the appallingly written description specifically states all bids will be cancelled and contact has to be made via an email which is also in the description along with the quite ridiculous buy it now price, the scammers use the same pics every time, I wonder how they manage to hijack so many different eBay user names - one would almost think they had someone on the inside ..

Mr B
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
andyd

Post by andyd »

Mr B wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:23 am Hi Andy,

I think they must be false bids as the appallingly written description specifically states all bids will be cancelled and contact has to be made via an email which is also in the description along with the quite ridiculous buy it now price, the scammers use the same pics every time, I wonder how they manage to hijack so many different eBay user names - one would almost think they had someone on the inside ..

Mr B
Beats me how 1000's of ads like these even get as far as appearing on Ebay....Should be stopped way before imo.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Currently on Fleabay;
White 1985 2.8 Special; Please contact me at : [email protected] . MANDATORY : please include title and price GBP : 43OO

Currently 18 bids at £65000 :lmao: Must be very special :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:34 am Currently on Fleabay;
White 1985 2.8 Special; Please contact me at : [email protected] . MANDATORY : please include title and price GBP : 43OO

That seller has 3 listings that appear to be genuine. Oh, and a further 1,363 scam listings for various vehicles! Makes you wonder how the scammers get the sign-in details to hack genuine accounts.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:02 am

That seller has 3 listings that appear to be genuine. Oh, and a further 1,363 scam listings for various vehicles! Makes you wonder how the scammers get the sign-in details to hack genuine accounts.

Andrew.
:agree: Andrew.
This appears to be a regular occurance now.

Glad I only buy and not sell on there!
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:02 am
White 1985 2.8 Special; Please contact me at : [email protected] . MANDATORY : please include title and price GB :? P : 43OO

Andrew.

I mean, - where does he keep all those cars??? :? :? :?