Britemax Spray and Shine Review

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Post Reply
User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4569
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Mon May 27, 2019 10:42 am

Image

Hi all,

Following on from Andy's recent heads up on this detailing product and after trying quite a few similar products ranging in price from cheap to...not so cheap I was very eager to try this Britemax for myself.

I had a bit of the usual detailing spray that I brought to Deal with me to clean up after the journey down there, but I wanted to compare the Britemax when I got home after the the show. B112 had the usual car show dust, marks and dead flies from journey home so you can imagine I was eager to get her cleaned up pronto.

So I got the Britemax out for first time yesterday, gave it a good shake and got on with the job in hand. I must say, this is an excellent detailing spray indeed. I would go as far as to say its by far the BEST one I have used. Its so easy to apply and just has a quality feel to it. Its equally easy to buff off and it just fades away before your very eyes leaving no streaks/marks. It cleaned off all the dead flies etc with ease. Amazing stuff !!

I kept to treating one panel at a time so it would not dry up too much. Split the roof and bonnet into four sections BUT even a bit I missed and had dried buffed it off without streaks. Very impressed indeed !! The spray nozzle works great too. Has two settings. Wide spray and narrow pinpoint spray both of which worked great. Other cheaper sprays I have had some issues with the nozzle.

The thing with this Britemax and its only my opinion but when buffing off it just 'feels' like its leaving a very good quality coating on your paintwork unlike any other I have tried before....including even Autoglym Detailing Spray !! I

So to conclude, yes I know there are much cheaper products on the market that give a very satisfactory finish and give great value for money, I personally feel at approx £12 this product offers equally great value being such a quality detailer.

Guys this is only my personal review from my own experience using this for the first time but its so good I am already going to top up my garage shelf with more of this.

Thanks to Andy for the heads up ! This is deffo a product I will use from now on :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6302
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by andyd » Mon May 27, 2019 10:57 am

Glad you like it Nick :D
I find it really easy to use and the more you use it the easier it seems to be! I find a normal bottle lasts ages as I only put 3/4 sprays per panel and usually 5/6 on the bonnet and roof with just a little on the glass, bumpers and wheels etc.

I bought one of these a few months ago for just under £30 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Britemax-Spr ... 100623.m-1 So I have plenty to be getting on with :D

:cheers:

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4569
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Mon May 27, 2019 11:09 am

Andy that gallon tub is great value mate. Think I will get one ! TBH I was prob overspraying a bit the first few panels not knowing what it was like to work with but by the time I was nearing finishing B112 I was spraying slot less per panel so yep I can see how a tub would last. Thanks Andy !
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6302
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by andyd » Mon May 27, 2019 11:13 am

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 11:09 am
Andy that gallon tub is great value mate. Think I will get one ! TBH I was prob overspraying a bit the first few panels not knowing what it was like to work with but by the time I was nearing finishing B112 I was spraying slot less per panel so yep I can see how a tub would last. Thanks Andy !
:welcome:
Keep this for the Capri and cheaper stuff for the daily runner :)

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12442
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Mon May 27, 2019 12:15 pm

I've already very nearly used up a spray bottle of Britemax and have bought a gallon bottle for refills.
I'm very happy with the performance of this product, and buying the 4.5 litre bottle reduces the price to a mere £6.60 a litre. In my book that makes it great value for money. Yes, it's a little more expensive than some other products on the market, but as this one is tried and tested I don't wish to take a chance on a potentially inferior product. For what it's worth, I rate Britemax more highly than my previously used product, Autoglym Rapid Detailer.
Thanks for the heads up, Andy and also the review from Nick. :D

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6302
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by andyd » Mon May 27, 2019 12:27 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:15 pm
I've already very nearly used up a spray bottle of Britemax and have bought a gallon bottle for refills.
I'm very happy with the performance of this product, and buying the 4.5 litre bottle reduces the price to a mere £6.60 a litre. In my book that makes it great value for money. Yes, it's a little more expensive than some other products on the market, but as this one is tried and tested I don't wish to take a chance on a potentially inferior product. For what it's worth, I rate Britemax more highly than my previously used product, Autoglym Rapid Detailer.
Thanks for the heads up, Andy and also the review from Nick. :D

Andrew.
:cheers:

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4569
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Mon May 27, 2019 12:56 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:15 pm
For what it's worth, I rate Britemax more highly than my previously used product, Autoglym Rapid Detailer.
:agree:

Andrew I never thought I would say this about any Autoglym product as I am delighted with all the cleaning products I have from them, and still will use....but yep this imo too this Britemax is better than Autoglym. A really stunning product.
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:15 pm
buying the 4.5 litre bottle reduces the price to a mere £6.60 a litre. In my book that makes it great value for money.
When you put up figures like this mate it really does make sense to buy the bigger tub. Working out at £6.60 a litre is remarkable value and a no brainer...even for me :lol:

Thanks Andrew
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12442
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Mon May 27, 2019 3:22 pm

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:56 pm
I am delighted with all the cleaning products I have from them, and still will use....but yep this imo too this Britemax is better than Autoglym. A really stunning product.
Hi Nick,
Hi Nick,
The Rapid Detailer is good, I will continue to use that as a lubricant for when I use a clay bar, however, I have found that Britemax is easier to wipe off the paint as it seems to be less smeary. That makes the job of cleaning the car a little quicker and easier.

I will still continue to use Autoglym Resin Polish and High Definition Wax as my main polishing/waxing products, my intention is to use Britemax "on the go".

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2794
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by Jasonmarie » Mon May 27, 2019 7:25 pm

Funny as I have not used mine yet as I still have Autoglym left . But may jump the gun and give it a go this week :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4569
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Tue May 28, 2019 8:32 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:25 pm
Funny as I have not used mine yet as I still have Autoglym left . But may jump the gun and give it a go this week :beer:
Its very good Jason but dont do it in direct sun mate onto hot panels... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2794
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by Jasonmarie » Wed May 29, 2019 9:11 am

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:32 pm
Jasonmarie wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:25 pm
Funny as I have not used mine yet as I still have Autoglym left . But may jump the gun and give it a go this week :beer:
Its very good Jason but dont do it in direct sun mate onto hot panels... :lol: :lol: :lol:
What did you use Saturday as that was good ? Thanks for the tip I have used the Autoglym stuff in hot sun and that’s been ok .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4569
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Thu May 30, 2019 1:11 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:11 am
What did you use Saturday as that was good ?
Hi Jason,

Sorry did not answer sooner mate. This is the stuff I used at Deal. Its about a fiver.

Imagegoris deathclaw

Its very good for a quick 'show' freshen up. Washed off the mud splatters on lower rear quarters a treat and is great for cleaning up dead flies windows and wheels too. But whem using on larger areas it can leave streaks but tbh as said does a decent enough job

The Britemax however after trying it after getting home does deffo have a better quality feel about it and does leave a better shine but also feels like its leaving a nice protective coating too. Just my opinion mate.

So in conclusion the Triplewax stuff is great to have in the boot for when you might want a quick tidy up whereas the Britemax is great for an 'after show' clean when you get home, if this makes sense :lol:

I will now carry both with me to shows and still use the triplewax for the wheels and cleaning below the side mouldings.

Cheers fella
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2794
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by Jasonmarie » Thu May 30, 2019 2:49 pm

Cheers nick as you said it did a good job some how I was lucky and never pick anything up as I do use that autoglym to shine her up .
Ps face is still peeling :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2794
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by Jasonmarie » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:04 pm

So today I have been showing my eldest son how to clay bar using the spray and shine as the lube. It really makes such a great job and is so easy to remove .
Finshed the fiesta off with another good wash and some Autoglym super raisin polish .

Paintwork is as smooth as a baby’s bum :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6302
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by andyd » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:24 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:04 pm
So today I have been showing my eldest son how to clay bar using the spray and shine as the lube. It really makes such a great job and is so easy to remove .
Finshed the fiesta off with another good wash and some Autoglym super raisin polish .

Paintwork is as smooth as a baby’s bum :lol:
Never used a clay bar but I have seen the results :D Many people spend hours on the same panel :headscratch:

I've used Autoglym Resin Polish for years and I think it's hard to beat, along with their bumper gel and tyre dressing :cheers:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2794
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by Jasonmarie » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:04 pm

andyd wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:24 pm
Jasonmarie wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:04 pm
So today I have been showing my eldest son how to clay bar using the spray and shine as the lube. It really makes such a great job and is so easy to remove .
Finshed the fiesta off with another good wash and some Autoglym super raisin polish .

Paintwork is as smooth as a baby’s bum :lol:
Never used a clay bar but I have seen the results :D Many people spend hours on the same panel :headscratch:

I've used Autoglym Resin Polish for years and I think it's hard to beat, along with their bumper gel and tyre dressing :cheers:
Don’t think you can go wrong with Autoglym I use there clay bar as well . I don’t think your Capri would need to be clayed as I only did a small panel on mine all this time . But the fiesta we got really had that roughy rubbing noise when you run your hand over the paint work . Feels nice to the touch now . She just needs some Autoglym wax to finish her off .
Yes the super raisin polish I also have been using for years :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

2litreScapri
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:02 pm
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by 2litreScapri » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:46 am

If you guys are ever in the Aldershot area, go see John at Clean & Shiny, and he'll tell you all about what products best to use. It's down the road from me, and I've spent a fortune in there.

Britemax stuff is great, but it's difficult to know what products are best to use. Their TrimMax bumper black stuff is just like oil, it's sticky, horrible, makes a mess, you have to be careful not to get it on paintwork, it's extremely expensive, but it does work for a long time. I use it mostly on the Saab, the Capri I use Autoglym Bumper & Trim Gel.

Just went to Clean & Shiny yesterday & my usual detailing spray, Zaino Grand Finale, is currently out of stock, so I had to choose Perfecta, it's Italian, and I'm yet to use it. Gotta go back for some new wax as well.

If anybody needs recommendations based upon what I use more than welcome to share ideas!

Kris

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6302
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Britemax Spray and Shine Review

Post by andyd » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:16 am

2litreScapri wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:46 am
If you guys are ever in the Aldershot area, go see John at Clean & Shiny, and he'll tell you all about what products best to use. It's down the road from me, and I've spent a fortune in there.

Britemax stuff is great, but it's difficult to know what products are best to use. Their TrimMax bumper black stuff is just like oil, it's sticky, horrible, makes a mess, you have to be careful not to get it on paintwork, it's extremely expensive, but it does work for a long time. I use it mostly on the Saab, the Capri I use Autoglym Bumper & Trim Gel.

Just went to Clean & Shiny yesterday & my usual detailing spray, Zaino Grand Finale, is currently out of stock, so I had to choose Perfecta, it's Italian, and I'm yet to use it. Gotta go back for some new wax as well.

If anybody needs recommendations based upon what I use more than welcome to share ideas!

Kris
Hi Kris,
I think if you find a product that works and you are happy with the finish then stick to it.

As and when I polish the Capri I use Autoglym Resin Polish, their Bumper and Trim Gel is great and easily removed from paintwork and smells nice :D

I have only tried 3 detail sprays, 2 of those on the Focus only (Aldi and Pure Definition ) but only Britemax on the Capri, and out of the 3 Britemax is the best imo. Aldi spray is very good on the daily and would probably use on the Capri if I had to.

:cheers:

Post Reply