Special Forum Price On Saxty's Book

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri author, ex Ford designer and two times Tickford owner.

Special Forum Price On Saxty's Book

Post by Steve Saxty »

I’ve got some news. You may have read here about my book, The Cars You Always Promised Yourself or own a copy. There’s a video of me flicking through it here. https://www.stevesaxty.com/videos

The book 2-3 times bigger than the old Ford books we all have and full colour, but it costs £44.95 or £79.95 for the Collector’s Edition, which is selling out. It’s not cheap, but readers here agree worth it because it’s equal to 2-3 times the size of other books.

The news is I have for negotiated a club/member-only discount for off the publisher as part of their Spring Sale through May. All you need to do is click here direct from the publisher and save yourself £7.50/£10 on the two Editions using these codes at checkout.https://porterpress.co.uk/collections/ford-collection

• Collectors10 (£10 of Collector’s Edition)
    Standard7.5 (£7.50 off Standard Edition)

I’m now wrapping up the second book that celebrates the Capri’s 50th Anniversary. There will be just 999 copies the upcoming book will only be sold to existing and new buyers of The Cars You Always Promised Yourself.

I don’t know how long the publisher will offer these codes – likely one month.

Steve
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Special Forum Price On Saxty's Book

Post by Jasonmarie »

That’s a very good saving Steve. Thanks for the offer when can we put our names down for the special book ?
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

Jasonmarie wrote:That’s a very good saving Steve. Thanks for the offer when can we put our names down for the special book ?
I am just writing the last words today and so it's two months from publication I'd guess. I'm going to set up a page for the book so that existing buyers can put their names down. The will get an email from the publisher (as I don't have the names) and then The Cars You Always buyers can reserve a copy There will be a special Collector's version they also get first reserve on which comes with a slipcase, that's numbered and signed by Rod Mansfield and me. There will (to keep the price down) be an optional double-sided poster too of all the feature Capris and the glorious cover art that I saw for the first time today.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

That sounds great Steve yes the poster is to good to put up on a wall it needs a frame . I have some strange art work at home so working on the wife of a few Capri pictures up the stairs . So I will hold fire on that as these posters sound very interesting .
Hope you mentioned the best of the capris .
The Laser ? :beer:
No really looking forward to the next one .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

Jasonmarie wrote:That sounds great Steve yes the poster is to good to put up on a wall it needs a frame . I have some strange art work at home so working on the wife of a few Capri pictures up the stairs . So I will hold fire on that as these posters sound very interesting .
Hope you mentioned the best of the capris .
The Laser ? :beer:
No really looking forward to the next one .
I'm polling the various "clubs" on Facebook. Looks like a Signal Amber Capri II 3.0S, the others still open. The poster will look fantastic, the illustrator is a perfectionist!