Question for you

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri author, ex Ford designer and two times Tickford owner.

Question for you

Post by Steve Saxty »

My publisher is about to do a spring sale on their books, as is normal in their world. I'm always a bit loathe to see my book discounted and thought that maybe a club-only one might be more appropriate. I was thinking that if he did a limited time offer of £10 off Collectors and £7.50 off the Standard then maybe that would appeal?

Then, rather than advertise it that it's selectively offered to a few clubs and this forum. What do you think?, everyone loves a deal as you know!

Also, as a further incentive, existing buyers get the exclusive first chance to buy the Capri 50th sister book I'm doing. That's a few hundred units so will sell out in a week or two.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Question for you

Post by Jasonmarie »

Worth ago steve but I always find a book I bought in Waterstones last year being sold half price a year later .
Please put me down for your new book and Mr Andrew as we are book worms . Funny I do have a book on capris for Andrew when we meet at this years CCI also will be swapping with young Nick his book as I have 112 it must go with what must be the most talked about stunning Laser in the land .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

Jasonmarie wrote:Worth ago steve but I always find a book I bought in Waterstones last year being sold half price a year later .
Please put me down for your new book and Mr Andrew as we are book worms . Funny I do have a book on capris for Andrew when we meet at this years CCI also will be swapping with young Nick his book as I have 112 it must go with what must be the most talked about stunning Laser in the land .
Hmm, the one thing that this book will never be is discounted 50% at Waterstones, so no worries on that score! That's a whole different market of volume Chinese-made books made in vast quantity vs mine that's hand made. It's easy to imagine books are books, but of course, like cars, a higher-quality book costs more to make but unfortunately, the margins are slimmer than in say a 911.

OK, let me get the publisher to finesse the details and I'll post in a few days. This book will never be in the discount bin but I'll maybe let the publisher extend their offer to The Cars You Always for a month or so...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Steve Saxty wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:Worth ago steve but I always find a book I bought in Waterstones last year being sold half price a year later .
Hmm, the one thing that this book will never be is discounted 50% at Waterstones, so no worries on that score! That's a whole different market of volume Chinese-made books made in vast quantity vs mine that's hand made. It's easy to imagine books are books, but of course, like cars, a higher-quality book costs more to make but unfortunately, the margins are slimmer than in say a 911.

OK, let me get the publisher to finesse the details and I'll post in a few days. This book will never be in the discount bin but I'll maybe let the publisher extend their offer to The Cars You Always for a month or so...
Steve your book is more then just a reading book for night it’s a insight to all the questions and love for Ford we have had these years . It’s what all us capri and ford fans had been waiting for and the more the word gets around the more it will sell .
I am in to some strange art and have some very strange pieces that in time I know will be worth a lot of money and your book will be also the same .
I did link in your book to grand tour and top gear but as you said no one come back .
Funny as in August if your extra book not in my hand then I am going to take my book away with me to re read as there’s some bits I can’t remember the answers :lol: .
But it’s good that the publisher can offer a small discount to people and may be worth a mention in classic mark magazine that does all classic cars .
I did think Fords should do more to celebrate the capris 50th birthday like the one show with a mention of your book and capris out side .
My Doctor even said at Guys we should have done the mayors show .
But as I always say thank you for piece of art and I look forward to the next steve :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Just being truthful, but the only thing that puts me off the book is the high price. So if it was discounted (even temporarily), then yes I would be more tempted to buy.

Not sure if that answers your question or not, but it is my answer :) I would love the book, it looks great, but money rules as always.
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

pbar wrote:Just being truthful, but the only thing that puts me off the book is the high price. So if it was discounted (even temporarily), then yes I would be more tempted to buy.

Not sure if that answers your question or not, but it is my answer :) I would love the book, it looks great, but money rules as always.
That's an honest answer, thank you. The book's selling out and so there's no real need, it's more to allow the publisher to make a claim across their range. The book's really a £70-80 book as Jason will testify so it'll be a good deal.