John's Inspection and Injection !

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

John's Inspection and Injection !

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

So John knew I was down at the garage yesterday evening (Sat) so he decided to pop round to say hello and have a peek at the work I had done to B112. Great to see him but wow his Special really is looking simply stunning after the work he had done. Still cannot get over the paintwork which is absolutely amazing. See for yourselves....

Image Image

Great to see you John :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: John's Inspection and Injection !

Post by andyd »

Looks great, and as if it's had a new paint job :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I agree, John's car looks superb.
Now John is almost obliged to do more than chuck the occasional bucket of water over it to keep the car looking so good! :lol:

I trust your car met with John's approval too?

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

As always Johns Capri looking good as Andrew said hope John checked out B112
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:Looks great, and as if it's had a new paint job :D
Andy it really does look even better than it did before. Fantastic shine to it ! I
Andrew 2.8i wrote:I agree, John's car looks superb.
Now John is almost obliged to do more than chuck the occasional bucket of water over it to keep the car looking so good! :lol:
Well Andrew, just between you and me :whistle: I have very good reason to believe his new fuel tank may well be part of his regular cleaning programme now !! Hmmm....the teacher is learning from the student :whistle: :wave: :lol:
Jasonmarie wrote:As always Johns Capri looking good as Andrew said hope John checked out B112
You know John mate, I did not have to persuade him to get down on his back but I did have a nice soft mat for him to lie on :lol: Yep he agreed Tickover did a grand job. Thats a good approval to get :D

Funny thing is I can always hear John before I see him when he pops over. I was cleaning the last of the tickover dust off the wheel when I heard 'that' sound and low and behold a few secs later John drives round the corner :lol:
His capri really does look sooooooooo nice now !!!!!!
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Wow! That looks stunning, it always has looked good but that shine is deeeeep. Nice job :applaud:
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi all,

Very many thanks for all the kind words about my Cappa, really is very nice to hear I can tell you. I only wish it was down to my hard work, but I must give the credit to Phil up at Capri Care, he’s done a fantastic job to the paint work and matching in the new metal in the wing. I will how ever take the credit for it being clean, as I had just that very morning ‘chucked a bucket’ at it!!! Still one of my favourite sayings Andrew.... :D :D :D ... and yes, I even got on my knees and gave the new tank a wipe over... thanks guys, really do appreciate this.... Also love the pic of the quads Nick, cheers. I don’t ever really get to see them.... :xd: :xd: :xd:

So, onto Nick’s new Cappa. As I think this now must be one of the closest examples of a nearly new Capri. They even went as far as using new Nuts & Bolts to hold it all together!!! It really is amazing underneath now and well deserves the mirrors front & rear so all can appreciate it when walking past. The sump, cross member, all of this put together, I just really do hope this means it’s not laid up 364 days a year!!! I did question Nick on this and he has assured me he will still be using it regularly, phew!!! As it really does deserve to be seen out & about.

Well all for now and thank you all once again for the kind words on my Capri, cheers,

John...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

A good detail spray and decent micro fibre cloths are the way forward John :D

Hosepipes, buckets of water and sponges are really out of date now :cheers:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:A good detail spray and decent micro fibre cloths are the way forward John :D
Hosepipes, buckets of water and sponges are really out of date now :cheers:
:agree:
I'm sure I remember John using a waterless wash and wax at the Nationals a few years ago. I think it was Meguiar's, no less! :D

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Taff50ish wrote:So, onto Nick’s new Cappa. As I think this now must be one of the closest examples of a nearly new Capri. They even went as far as using new Nuts & Bolts to hold it all together!!! It really is amazing underneath now and well deserves the mirrors front & rear so all can appreciate it when walking past.
Thanks John !!

Very good of you to say this mate. Was great to get your opinion as the neighbours kids did not really get it :lol:

Seriously though great compliments from you sir and very much appreciated. Thanks for rolling around on the floor to have a peek...although that wall mirror I have did the trick spot on...hmmm....Deal....,?? :)

Yes mate I will still drive B112 in decent weather. Just think I might be a tad more careful of that 'rain' stuff... :sorry: :lol:

Always great to see you and chat, and always funny to see the neighbours when you rock up in your stunning Capri with those Janspeeds doing what Janspeeds do !!! But John, you can keep that bucket of water to yourself mate :shock: As Andy says...
andyd wrote: buckets of water and sponges are really out of date now

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best fella :)
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Wow, looking superb. I need to up the ante now! :xd:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Stish704 wrote:Wow, looking superb. I need to up the ante now! :xd:
Is that possible Steve after the truely outstanding job Mario has done on yours mate !!! Hasn't he done more 'follow up' detailing to your amazing ceramic coating fella as part of the proper upkeep of it.? It must look absolutely beautiful...even better than ever !!! We are all doomed if you park up next to us :lol: But seriously hopefully our pitch will be close to your 80's ford club. Really looking forward to Deal Steve :)
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Stish704 wrote:Wow, looking superb. I need to up the ante now! :xd:
Is that possible Steve after the truely outstanding job Mario has done on yours mate !!! Hasn't he done more 'follow up' detailing to your amazing ceramic coating fella as part of the proper upkeep of it.? It must look absolutely beautiful...even better than ever !!! We are all doomed if you park up next to us :lol: But seriously hopefully our pitch will be close to your 80's ford club. Really looking forward to Deal Steve :)

Looking forward to deal! Not had a chance to get over marios yet as been busy working!
Be over there soonish hopefully!