Tickover Day has arrived Pt. 3

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Tickover Day has arrived Pt. 3

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Good morning Laser Forum :wave:
As title am leaving B112 in with Gus and Clive this morning for Pt.3 of my underside resto project. Getting quite a bit done so reckon they will have 112 for at least a week !! Will be strange again to get home to an empty garage but as Tom pointed out to me on fb a good time to tidy up and put up some shelfs. Anyway just took this picture of B112 parked up just down the road from Tickover. They open at 9 then a nice stroll back to Dartford St to catch the train home. Its so easy getting to and from Tickover. Only took judt over 40mins or so. Cheers all...

Imagewhat qualifications do i need to be a forensic anthropologist
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Tickover Day has arrived Pt. 3

Post by Jasonmarie »

What a fine looking motor there mate , yes sorry could not pick you up mate as Marie is doing school run and bag drop of . Weather is good today not like the weekend .
So part 3 has stated :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:What a fine looking motor there mate , yes sorry could not pick you up mate as Marie is doing school run and bag drop of . Weather is good today not like the weekend .
So part 3 has stated :cool:
No worries J. Was a lovely stroll back to Dartford St. Lovely morning. Trains are delayed as sone fucking knob has driven their lorry into a railway bridge. Dont they know their max heights !!! Cheers fella
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

B112 is in safe hands for a week or so... :)

andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:B112 is in safe hands for a week or so... :)

Nice to have someone working on your car that knows about the cars and has the parts if required :)

The lad that does mine is a good mechanic and MOT tester, just not as experienced on the older cars like ours but knows the basic workings.
But he's honest, trustworthy and will be fitting my new tank and rear brakes next Tuesday :D

:goodluck:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:Nice to have someone working on your car that knows about the cars and has the parts if required :)

The lad that does mine is a good mechanic and MOT tester, just not as experienced on the older cars like ours but knows the basic workings.
But he's honest, trustworthy and will be fitting my new tank and rear brakes next Tuesday :D

Thanks Andy. Yep Gus and Clive are great. The upstairs mezanine floor is just full of capri parts. Thats a lovely 2.8i they had up on the ramp mate. Would that be a 4 speed 'B' reg ?? Guessing its five speed ?

Great that you have someone you can trust to work on yours for most jobs mate. It is hard as us Capri owners dont leave our cars with anyone. Good luck with your tank and rear brakes mate. Nice one.

All the best Andy
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
andyd wrote:Nice to have someone working on your car that knows about the cars and has the parts if required :)

Thanks Andy. Yep Gus and Clive are great. The upstairs mezanine floor is just full of capri parts. Thats a lovely 2.8i they had up on the ramp mate. Would that be a 4 speed 'B' reg ?? Guessing its five speed ?

Great that you have someone you can trust to work on yours for most jobs mate. It is hard as us Capri owners dont leave our cars with anyone. Good luck with your tank and rear brakes mate. Nice one.

All the best Andy
Yes that's a 5 speed.

Will be glad when it's all done, using all new parts so should be ok....
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:Will be glad when it's all done, using all new parts so should be ok....
Thats gonna look stunning Andy. Some great work going on with yours. Are you getting your tank straps painted mate ?? I have asked Tickover to paint mine black before fitting :)
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
andyd wrote:Will be glad when it's all done, using all new parts so should be ok....
Thats gonna look stunning Andy. Some great work going on with yours. Are you getting your tank straps painted mate ?? I have asked Tickover to paint mine black before fitting :)
:agree: Jobs that needed doing.
As the straps have a coat of waxoyl on them will leave them as they are.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
Your car looks superb in the photos, as always.
It sounds like you have some great plans for the Tickover boys to crack on with, I can't wait to see photos of the latest part of project underside. 8-)
At this rate, you'll have to roll B112 over onto the side at car shows so people can see all the great work! Or get some mirrors instead..... :lol:

Andrew.
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Looking good mate!
I've got a few bits to do on mine.
I bought a new water pump, thermostat, fuel filter, oil filter etc. that I plan to do sooner rather than later!
Just feel they need doing as I have a tiny leak at the thermostat housing.
Before you ask, yes I have all the relevant gaskets etc.
Next step is to give it a nice clean. Quick trip over to Mario once I'm done :D
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Stish704 wrote:Looking good mate!
I bought a new water pump, thermostat, fuel filter, oil filter etc. that I plan to do sooner rather than later!
That’s funny as I have a small leak on my Themostate housing when it’s serviced at Tickover I will get them to stick a new one on . Your car shines now how can Mario beat that ?
Stish704
Donator
Donator

Post by Stish704 »

Jasonmarie wrote:
That’s funny as I have a small leak on my Themostate housing when it’s serviced at Tickover I will get them to stick a new one on . Your car shines now how can Mario beat that ?
It’s what he does :xd:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Your car looks superb in the photos, as always.
It sounds like you have some great plans for the Tickover boys to crack on with, I can't wait to see photos of the latest part of project underside. 8-)
Hi Andrew

Thanks very much mate. Much appreciated. Yep I got quite a lot going on this visit. I have been building up to this one for a while as have been buying and storing a few parts for a while now and waiting for the right time to do everything at the same time which made sense to do it like this. TBH mate if you had told me 6 months ago that I would be this far along with my underside project I would have laughed so its all very exciting indeed ! Its been hard enough saving but as I have split it into different 'mini projects' its gone very well and of course Gus and Clive have been taking very good care of B112 :)
Andrew 2.8i wrote:At this rate, you'll have to roll B112 over onto the side at car shows so people can see all the great work! Or get some mirrors instead..... :lol:
Hmmmm..... :wave: ..... :lol:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3000907282

Cheers fella
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

So thought it would be good to drop by Tickover Today and check daily on B112 on her transformation .

So today’s picture is easy . As they are just getting the old parts of for the new ones

Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Cheers Steve,

Nice one mate. Thats some great work you will be getting on with. Yep at some stage its always great to replace these parts as a matter of course and for good peace of mind but especially as one is showing signs of leaking it does make sense to do a few while you are at it. I had a leak a couple of years back and finally traced it to the water pump gasket seal so while I had the rad off i replaced a few parts at the same time. Was a very rewarding job as I took my time and just enjoyed it. The beauty of the Pinto is it was very easy as I have 'just a bit' more room in my engine bay tham you V6 chaps :lol:
Good luck with this Steve. Oh one thing....have you got gaskets mate ?? :lol: :wave:

Re the glorious and stunning shine on your Capri Steve, is this latest trip to Mario part of the maintenance programme for your ceramic coating ? As Jason said it cant possibly get any more shiney !!! Cant wait to see it fella.

Your capri is a credit to you Steve how you dedicated yourself to resolving the issues you sadly had with your paintwork....now its one of the best out there :applaud: :applaud:
Stish704
Donator
Donator

Post by Stish704 »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Cheers Steve,

Nice one mate. Thats some great work you will be getting on with. Yep at some stage its always great to replace these parts as a matter of course and for good peace of mind but especially as one is showing signs of leaking it does make sense to do a few while you are at it. I had a leak a couple of years back and finally traced it to the water pump gasket seal so while I had the rad off i replaced a few parts at the same time. Was a very rewarding job as I took my time and just enjoyed it. The beauty of the Pinto is it was very easy as I have 'just a bit' more room in my engine bay tham you V6 chaps :lol:
Good luck with this Steve. Oh one thing....have you got gaskets mate ?? :lol: :wave:

Re the glorious and stunning shine on your Capri Steve, is this latest trip to Mario part of the maintenance programme for your ceramic coating ? As Jason said it cant possibly get any more shiney !!! Cant wait to see it fella.

Your capri is a credit to you Steve how you dedicated yourself to resolving the issues you sadly had with your paintwork....now its one of the best out there :applaud: :applaud:
Cheers Nick, I do try!
Just going to be washed really but if needs a bit of maintenance then he’ll let me know I’m sure.
My biggest problem is time. I need to have a day off to do the bits but it’s a bit hard at the moment as I’m so busy!
Always a good thing eh?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:So thought it would be good to drop by Tickover Today and check daily on B112 on her transformation .

So today’s picture is easy . As they are just getting the old parts of for the new ones

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jeepers Jason....I did tell Gus and Clive to address anything else they might find but bleedin hell I was not expecting this !!! They are very thorough I must say !! :lol:

The funny thing is I really did think for a split min you had indeed popped up the road to see B112....you rotter !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :applaud:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

So on the school run this morning you guessed it I pop in to Tickover to see how B112 was going .
Well looks like they found some dirt on the Engine .

pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

That's not Nick's car, they are doing the chippy runs in his ;)