More Capri prototypes

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri author, ex Ford designer and two times Tickford owner.

More Capri prototypes

Post by Steve Saxty »

I finally got around to loading up most of the wind tunnel model photos I have - some are in the book and people seem to love them. So here's a load more including the RS2800 and the original Capri II models. https://www.stevesaxty.com/prototype-models

To get you going.....

Steve

Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: More Capri prototypes

Post by Jasonmarie »

Going threw them great pictures steve one thing stood out , Who put the number plates on as they must have been at the bottle :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Excellent pictures and so lucky they agreed to take these models out from their dusty storage.

For some reason I find the look of the Taunus coupe particularly stunning. I guess thats partly because we didnt have it in the UK,
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

Not_Anumber wrote:Excellent pictures and so lucky they agreed to take these models out from their dusty storage.

For some reason, I find the look of the Taunus coupe particularly stunning. I guess that's partly because we didn't have it in the UK,
I grew to adore the idea of that car's insanity. I hope you've read that chapter in the book? I really enjoyed researching it and working with a guy in Argentia to understand how the "Cortina" Mark V coupe came to live on down there until 1982 with five-speed and more.Here it is....

Pas28i
Car(s): 06 Polo 1.4s (new daily driver), mk2 Golf Gti (was my daily), and 2.8injection Special (awaiting recommissioning)

Post by Pas28i »

If Ford kept the original side window on Colt/GBX, I think it would have evolved into this side window on the mk2/3!
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

I'm loving the RS2800. Such a good looking concept. Big fan of the Granada coupe too.
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

Caprifan Rob wrote:I'm loving the RS2800. Such a good looking concept. Big fan of the Granada coupe too.
Yup I got to really love the Granada and Taunus coupe stories too which was why I ended up giving them their own chapter in the book. Funnily enough, they were both designed by Brits, the Granada coupe being a rare Dunton project.