Prepare to be "wowed" !!!!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Prepare to be "wowed" !!!!

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi chaps,

Am sure Des wont mind me posting this :)

Check out this truly outstanding picture of the underside of his' 2.8i Special that was posted up on fb other day. Amazing aint it !!!! The restoration work being done by steve ("ellecharlie") has been incredible considering the first pics he posted when he first stripped it down. All I can say is "WOW" !!!

Image2019-01-10_07-47-37 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Prepare to be "wowed" !!!!

Post by Jasonmarie »

That’s looks like yours nick :lol: no a real credit looks amazing just needs to pass Andrews points guild and should be high .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
Thanks for posting the photo. That is incredible! Des should be very proud of what's been done. It's been a long road for him, but it looks like the project is close to completion now.

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:That’s looks like yours nick :lol: no a real credit looks amazing .
:lol: Jason I will show this picture to Gus and Clive and tell them thats how I want mine to look !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It really is amazing aint it mate. Proper banging !!!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Nick,
Thanks for posting the photo. That is incredible! Des should be very proud of what's been done. It's been a long road for him, but it looks like the project is close to completion now..

Yes Andrew, I recall standing beside Des at Simply Ford few yrs back as he was leaning into Johns engine bay with the sweetest sound of Johns V6 purring then only contemplating what to do with his own Special. Well by jove what a job he and Steve have done !! As you say its come a long way and is indeed a simply incredible journey.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Nick,
Thanks for posting the photo. That is incredible! Des should be very proud of what's been done. It's been a long road for him, but it looks like the project is close to completion now..

Yes Andrew, I recall standing beside Des at Simply Ford few yrs back as he was leaning into Johns engine bay with the sweetest sound of Johns V6 purring then only contemplating what to do with his own Special. Well by jove what a job he and Steve have done !! As you say its come a long way and is indeed a simply incredible journey.
I was there too when he was thinking about his options.
Long time to wait, but at least he has the 3.0 to help take his mind off this one

Hope to see it sometime in the future :)
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

A stunning job :applaud: Looks amazing, has to be one of the greats now, it was an excellent car to start with. Nice job, hope Des gets out & about in it this year to enjoy it, hoping to see it. Nice work :cheers: