Saxty's book - reviews

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri author, ex Ford designer and two times Tickford owner.

Saxty's book - reviews

Post by Steve Saxty »

It's been awhile since I've been on here but thank you for all of you that have bought my book. It's selling out and proves that people will pay for a high-end book that's three times the size of anything before. Thank goodness for that as I only do them every 22 years! It's also Book Of The Month in Octance and Classic & Sportscar magazines so I'm very flattered.

Here are the reviews and the links to the book if you want a free read... Steve
https://www.stevesaxty.com/samples

Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Re: Saxty's book - reviews

Post by Noel »

Deserved reviews, but amuses me to see Octane cannot help themselves with the old "blue collar" epithet, pandering to their readers superiority complex I guess.
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri author, ex Ford designer and two times Tickford owner.

Re: Saxty's book - reviews

Post by Steve Saxty »

Noel wrote:Deserved reviews, but amuses me to see Octane cannot help themselves with the old "blue collar" epithet, pandering to their readers superiority complex I guess.
Yes, it was in marked contrast to C&SC who enthusiastically covered Cosworths in one edition in Dec and (I think it was them) Capris a few months before. Still, to have both mags give it BOTM simultaneously indicates they are at least willing to recognize something other than a book on old Porsches...