Newsletters

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Newsletters

Post by Peter-S »

You know the ones - "you are receiving our monthly newsletter because you bought something from our website"

Leaving aside that I can't always remember buying anything am I alone in unsubscribing from these almost instantly or do people actually read them?
Had a new one this morning on the back of a carb that I bought some months back but how much 'news' do I actually need on this front.

Probably me being a miserable old git. The wife always tells me an advertisers worst nightmare for ignoring most of what they say :lol:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Newsletters

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Same here Peter
The worst part of buying anything online is being enrolled into the seller's newsletters, I only read them to find the unsubscribe link.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Same here , but I did join “ how to make your mother in law upset .com “ and enjoy there newsletter once a month . :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: I only read them to find the unsubscribe link.

Andrew.
Not just me then Andrew :lol:
Peter you’re right, they’re a pain in the arse.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

The modern age I'm afraid, information overload, a constant barrage of e-mails, texts, screen-staring.

It's no wonder time goes so quick.

I'm not too good at deleting stuff, always think that once, just once, that unsolicited mail will have some info or offer which is just what I need!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

I bought my brother a Tottenham Hotspur football shirt last year for his 50th with his name and no.50 on the back. Being an Arsenal season ticket holder of 25yrs+ going on to the Spurs online shop was extremely difficult not to mention giving them some of my hard earned money too :crying: !!!!!

BUT even worse the other day I got a newsletter email from the Club Shop telling me about all their stupid new products !!!!!!!!! I need to get my name off their mailing list asap !!!!

Ah well as long as we do them in the North London Derby on Sunday lunchtime then all is good....but I still need to unsubscribe to their online shop :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:I bought my brother a Tottenham Hotspur football shirt last year for his 50th with his name and no.50 on the back. Being an Arsenal season ticket holder of 25yrs+ going on to the Spurs online shop was extremely difficult not to mention giving them some of my hard earned money too :crying: !!!!!

BUT even worse the other day I got a newsletter email from the Club Shop telling me about all their stupid new products !!!!!!!!! I need to get my name off their mailing list asap !!!!

Ah well as long as we do them in the North London Derby on Sunday lunchtime then all is good....but I still need to unsubscribe to their online shop :lol:
Hello birthday boy dad was talking about this derby game on Sunday just guessing is that about horses ? :lol:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I really think that all these newsletters and other shit that you get after revealing your email address on line should be something you have to actually opt in to if you want it rather than keeping having to unsubscribe from all the junk that comes afterwards. It's a real pain and I would rather have a dose of the clap than have a subscription to the Spurs supporters shop!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:Hello birthday boy dad was talking about this derby game on Sunday just guessing is that about horses ? :lol:
Hey Jason. I hope your Dad gave you a slap !! :lol: :lol:

Jason you can tell your Dad that I will be there at The Emirates on Sun mate. The most intense atmostphere of the season. Early 2pm kick off Sunday means early visit to the pub for the build up too :beer: :wave:

Yep birthday is tomorro fella but the 'big' one is next year just like you mate :D
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:Hello birthday boy dad was talking about this derby game on Sunday just guessing is that about horses ? :lol:

Jason you can tell your Dad that I will be there at The Emirates on Sun mate. The most intense atmostphere of the season. Early 2pm kick off Sunday means early visit to the pub for the build up too :beer: :wave:

Yep birthday is tomorro fella but the 'big' one is next year just like you mate :D
Yes can’t belive we will be 50 the same year as the Capri , so should be a years worth of celebrations mate , I am hoping to have a tea towel like Andrew or the more up market one Paul has :beer:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Jasonmarie wrote:
Fordoholic Nick wrote:

Yes can’t belive we will be 50 the same year as the Capri , so should be a years worth of celebrations mate , I am hoping to have a tea towel like Andrew or the more up market one Paul has :beer:
Don’t think I have ever mention football to dad but I will try and tell him and watch his face go funny .
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Paul G wrote:I would rather have a dose of the clap than have a subscription to the Spurs supporters shop!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one Paul :applaud:

I always tbought this smilie " :wank: " meant THFC :lol:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Jason you can tell your Dad that I will be there at The Emirates on Sun mate. The most intense atmostphere of the season. Early 2pm kick off Sunday means early visit to the pub for the build up too :beer: :wave:

Nick, must have been a peach of a game to see live :D
I cheered, a lot, from the sofa :woot:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote:Nick, must have been a peach of a game to see live :D
I cheered, a lot, from the sofa :woot:
Nice one Peter :lol: It was superb mate !!! I have a great seat diwn The Emirates. Great view. Had my season ticket for iver 25yrs now. Even better yesterday is I am doing a classroom course today so not driving the bus so I had a few more pints after the game too. My throat is still dodgy after all the shouting :lol:

Brilliant result. Missed a breakfast car meet cause of this so thankfully it was worth it :D