What Spares....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: What Spares....

Post by pbar »

Well, seems like the tights do work, here is the proof -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfFRQ-S ... B&hl=en-GB
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:Well, seems like the tights do work, here is the proof -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfFRQ-S ... B&hl=en-GB
:D :cheers:
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

When I bought my Capri I replaced many of the service parts, purely so I could know for sure when a new set had been put on.

I took the old, but working, parts (HT coil, leads, points etc) and stashed them around the spare wheel in component boxes. For good measure, I have also secreted a few lamps. All were in good order when removed, so it makes sense to keep them to hand. There were a couple of very old fanbelts shoved around the filler cap, I bought a new spare and stashed it there.

Then, in the boot itself, I have a plastic box in which I keep a set of spanners, screwdrivers, socket set, WD40, oil, washer fluid, cloths, a couple of bottles of water, jump leads, various tapes, adhesives, ropes, set of nuts/bolts/washers/self tappers of varying sizes, and probably other things I've forgotten about. I just figured it's easier to keep the bits in the boot of the car, and makes sense to have them to hand. I'm hiring a van this weekend and will move the boot from the box into the van, just in case any of the tools or bits come in handy.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I did do a cheeky bid on eBay last weekend on some Capri parts what turns out to be a bit more then I expected so looking forward to having a look I will do a what’s in the box as I don’t know what £12 got me as the picture was pants .
Might be just a fuse ? :lol:
Thing is there might be something one of us needs and I don’t what anything for it as the bits will be penny’s and it keeps our capris on the road . :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: