Who Is This?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Daz-RSK
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.8i Special

Re: Who Is This?

Post by Daz-RSK »

You are right Andy. I was painting a generalist picture of a dry year above. That wasn't to say there weren't inspirational bands around and those that set others going. That certainly was not the case.

The picture I was trying to convey was that those years, in particular, and amongst some real gem years around them, were bland with what was the most popular at the time. Now, how you measure popular is subjective - album, single, airplay ? But I remember Chicago with If you need me now that reigned through the summer of 1976 all over the place. Flippin 'eck - I need to go and watch some Dulux to dry. :D
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Daz-RSK wrote: Flippin 'eck - I need to go and watch some Dulux to dry. :D
:lol:
At least we grew up in a time that had some decent music :D
Judging by todays efforts, there is there isn't going to be much to look back on 20 years time :?
Daz-RSK
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.8i Special

Post by Daz-RSK »

andyd wrote:
Judging by todays efforts, there is there isn't going to be much to look back on 20 years time :?
Are we still referring to music - or vehicles - or both ? :lol:

I know what you mean with the music but I see symmetry with vehicles as well. There hasn't been a large step forward like there was in the past, IMHO. Lot's more "interior" stuff but nothing exceptional on the outside.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Daz-RSK wrote:
andyd wrote:
Are we still referring to music - or vehicles - or both ? :lol:

I know what you mean with the music but I see symmetry with vehicles as well. There hasn't been a large step forward like there was in the past, IMHO. Lot's more "interior" stuff but nothing exceptional on the outside.
Cars are now technical and full of safety measures so have lost any distinguishing looks :(