Hello!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
mcII
Car(s): Wishing Capri II

Hello!

Post by mcII »

Hello everybody.

I'm Mick from Italy.
I'm finding info on, obviously, the Capri.

I wish to own one, but I'm struggling to find one that suits me.
Here is plenty of 1.3, v4 and "pinto".
But I want something more powerful.

My favourite is the MkII, but I'm not saying the rest is rubbish :D

Do you have something where I can read some informations?

Cheers
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Re: Hello!

Post by timfromull »

:welcome: mate....... more powerful than a Pinto?
Research about the power that can be extracted from them.
Some of us have "oh is it only a 2 litre ?" Pinto's and they're cracking engines. I have one in my Capri plus one in my P100 pick up......
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Welcome to the forum! :welcome:
Use the search function on this forum to find the answers to any questions you might have.

Andrew.
Daz-RSK
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.8i Special

Post by Daz-RSK »

Hello Mick. :welcome:

More powerful than a pinto. What -- like the V6 versions or tuning a pinto.
timfromull wrote: Some of us have "oh is it only a 2 litre ?" Pinto's and they're cracking engines. I have one in my Capri plus one in my P100 pick up......
You know, Tim, this is one of my pet hates on car forums. I don't think it is as rife today as in the past. But you are right - it still happens, as if less power versions are inferior. It gets my goat when people state "Ohhh I don't want a 1.6L version because they're slow".

TBH, IMHO, you either embrace the lot or don't bother at all. Well that's my view.

There are qualities in each and sometimes those qualities don't spill into the others. For example, I like how the S spec versions of the Mk3's, with any of the engines, have no bump strip/moulding along the middle of the door. They look more chunky / sporty. By appearance, the wheels stand out more. Unless you cannibilise a 2.8i, you're stuck with the bump strip that makes it look more premium but less sporty, IMHO.

And there are other examples as well where the range shows up some positives, that faster versions may not have.

Embrace the whole set, is what I say. :cool: