DIY GARAGE WARRINGTON

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

DIY GARAGE WARRINGTON

Post by andyd »

Found this on Facebook! Nice if you live nearby...

WORKSHOP RENTAL PER HOUR
U Fix autos DIY Garage is your fully equipped workshop with tools, lift and compressor. Our prices are as follows :-
WEEKDAY
£50 full day (weekday) 10 hours
£30 half day (weekday) 4 hours
Or
£12.50 for your first hour and £7.50 every hour after
WEEKEND
£70 full day 10 hours
£40 half day 4 hours
Or
£15 for first hour and £10 per hour afterwards
YOU MUST BOOK ENOUGH TIME TO COMPLETE YOUR JOB!
http://Www.ufixautos.com

BLOCK BOOKINGS (paid monthly)

2 full days £90
3 full days £125
4 full days £150

You can use these days across the whole month as half or full days
We can contract more days or Taylor a package for yourselves
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: DIY GARAGE WARRINGTON

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Wouldn't it be great to hire out that workshop if you had to fit an exhaust or take the gearbox out? So much easier than working off axle stands. It strikes me as great value for money. Although at those prices, I can't see how the business is sustainable, not unless it's a working garage and you work alongside the work that they are doing?

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Wouldn't it be great to hire out that workshop if you had to fit an exhaust or take the gearbox out? So much easier than working off axle stands. It strikes me as great value for money. Although at those prices, I can't see how the business is sustainable, not unless it's a working garage and you work alongside the work that they are doing?

Andrew.
It would halve the time of most jobs imo.
If you had enough money to get a unit and equip it like this one http://www.ufixautos.co.uk/about.html It would be a great little money spinner I think...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

There used to be a place up near Wembley iirc that hired ramps per hour/day. You could bring your own tools but also had access to the tools on site along with professional mechanic on hand for any advice/help. Did not seem to last long as I remember trying to look them up a short while later and they had disappeared. Brilliant idea though. When me an John replaced my brake line from front to back a place like this would have been great as I spent the day on my back in quite a confined working space !! Hope this place in Warrington makes a sucess of it and places like this become more widely available....even if its only one ramp in a corner of a working garage for hire would be pretty cool.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

They supply all the tools that you'd ever need too:

http://www.ufixautos.co.uk/our-equipment-range.html

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Hope this place in Warrington makes a sucess of it and places like this become more widely available....even if its only one ramp in a corner of a working garage for hire would be pretty cool.
:agree:
For an hours labour (£56 inc vat) at my local garage, you could get alot done at one of these places :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:even if its only one ramp in a corner of a working garage for hire would be pretty cool.
It would. Especially if there are experienced mechanics on hand to give advice if it all goes pear shaped. Although I rather suspect they'd all be standing around watching and p***ing themselves with laughter! :lol:

I hope that ufixautos do make a success of it. It would be great to have a place like this within a short driving distance of home.

Andrew.
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Wouldn't it be great to hire out that workshop if you had to fit an exhaust or take the gearbox out? So much easier than working off axle stands. It strikes me as great value for money. Although at those prices, I can't see how the business is sustainable, not unless it's a working garage and you work alongside the work that they are doing?

Andrew.
Hmm - I suppose if the market is there its easier than running a working garage, in so far as there isn't the hassle of dealing with customers issues, ordering parts etc. Although the nice thing about working at home in the garage is that if you get fed up, hit a dead end, need to go and buy something etc, you just close the door and come back later. More difficult if you are paying by the hour!
andyd

Post by andyd »

tejb1 wrote:

Andrew.
Hmm - I suppose if the market is there its easier than running a working garage, in so far as there isn't the hassle of dealing with customers issues, ordering parts etc. Although the nice thing about working at home in the garage is that if you get fed up, hit a dead end, need to go and buy something etc, you just close the door and come back later. More difficult if you are paying by the hour!
A punch bag in the corner would be handy at times :bruce: :poke: :twak:

Anything you can do on a ramp is far better than axle stands :) Getting too old for rolling around under cars for too long :?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Getting too old for rolling around under cars for too long :?
On the plus side, if you need to take an afternoon nap you're already lying down. :lol:

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Getting too old for rolling around under cars for too long :?
On the plus side, if you need to take an afternoon nap you're already lying down. :lol:

Andrew.
:sleepy: :wave:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

The insurance/public liability costs in this age of H & S must be astronomical. Assuming they have such cover? Imagine someone having a serious injury using someone else's equipment, alien tools, and without training. Goodness me, the H & S executive would have a field day there. Just hope they are properly covered, for themselves, that's all, as something like this is a great idea for the amateur mechanic.